How can I sell my edibles?

ohmysqueaky

Hello everyone. I would like to know how to sell edibles. The legal way. I would like to sell to dispensaries or maybe one day open my own bakery! :)

I believe you need to be a legal MMJ patient/caregiver and at least here in Northern California, obtain a "Food Handlers Permit" and have your kitchen inspected/certified by County Health Dept. Check your local laws to ensure compliance.

Also - I see this is your first post - Welcome to the site!! Don't forget to stop by and Introduce Yourself.

:peace: and :Namaste:

Thank You for your replies.:high-five:

I actually have all of the that. I am a mmj patient and a culinary student. So I have all my papers in order. Do I just go and offer my edibles at shops?

If you already have your Food Handlers Permit and your kitchen has been inspected and certified by the County Health Department, take some samples to local collectives to let them try your edibles. Even growers bring samples, and I would think an edible is even more subject to taste/preference (flavor and strength of edible).

Good Luck!

:peace: and :Namaste:

Hello everyone. I would like to know how to sell edibles. The legal way. I would like to sell to dispensaries or maybe one day open my own bakery! :)

Depending on the state, it may or may not be legal for you to bake in your home kitchen. I know that in WA state, it's not. You have to cook in a legally approved kitchen and no home kitchens are allowed.

I want to do the same thing and I'm in Washington. What sucks is that a lot of artisan food producers will share kitchens or use church kitchens when they're just starting out, but I doubt anyone will want to share with someone who's cooking with marijuana.

I'm in the process now of figuring out what to do.

I have been offered a job, distributing and being a sales person, for a company which makes edible 420 chocolates. I have my Med card, but I want to know if I can be arrested. This company already distributes to several Collectives, but wants me to "Cold Call" and create new clients to purchase their goods, and then distribute those goods, and I'm afraid of getting arrested and charged with a felony.
ANY Information ANYONE can give me is going to be GREATLY appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom