JahRasta's Cannabutter and Sugar Cookies Recipes

JahRasta

Hey guys,

For Christmas this year, with money being tight and all, I decided to give a gift that people can actually enjoy: special cookies! This is my recipe and my favorite way to make weed butter / cannabutter.

Step 1: Making the butter

There's about a million recipes for cannabutter, so it's pretty generic. The problem I find is figuring out how much weed to add to the butter. The first time, I made it way too weak. The second time, I made it way too strong (caused a few people to throw up and pass out... I was fine :) ). This time, it's just right.

I like to use a slow-cooker set to low overnight. You really can't beat the convenience of waking up to a batch of fresh pot butter!

Weigh out your shake, stems, etc. NOTE: I only used about an oz of the shake.
IMG-20111216-00127.jpg

IMG-20111216-00128.jpg

Add sticks of butter to the water and wait for them to melt. I use about 3 cups of water so that when it's done cooking, I can pour the mix into a measuring cup.
IMG-20111216-00130.jpg

Add your product to the butter / water. Let it sit overnight or for a couple hours. I've done 8-hours and 12-hours and they both work about the same.
IMG-20111216-00131.jpg

Once it's done cooking, I run it through a gold coffee filter (the one that comes in the coffee machine, NOT paper ones). Make sure to press the weed with a wooden spoon or something, since a LOT of the butter gets caught in there.
IMG-20111217-00133.jpg

I throw out the leftover weed, and put the measuring cup into the freezer to separate. After a few hours, the butter should be solid while the water is still liquid. Pour out all the nasty water and collect your beautiful block of WEED BUTTER!
IMG-20111217-00134.jpg

Step 2: Christmas Sugar Cookies

Now, here's some advice for the sugar cookie recipe. Typically, you use delicious sweet butter. In our case, the butter tastes a lot like weed. As such, compensate by adding a bit more sugar. I mean, baking doesn't have to be the most precise thing in the world! Here's the recipes I came up with:

SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE:

- 1c canna butter (3 sticks turned out to be about a cup in the end)
- 2-3c flour (I used about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1c sugar (I used about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt

That recipe yields about 35 cookies. Most people like to use more flour to butter (makes more cookies -- therefore "weaker" cookies). Since we only have a fixed amount of butter, just add another egg instead to make a larger batch.

WEAKER COOKIE RECIPE:

- 1c canna butter (we cant change this)
- 3-4c flour
- 2 egg (instead of adding more butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- etc...

Here's the difference. A light body buzz comes from 1 STRONG cookie or 2 WEAK cookies. I chose to make the strong ones so that it only takes 1 cookie to feel good. 2 STRONG cookies feels great!

So, once you've picked a recipe, make the dough! Make sure you follow an actual recipe since you're supposed to combine the ingredients separately, and sugar cookie dough needs to be worked with while cold. I don't feel like getting into the details here.
IMG-20111217-00135.jpg

Cut them out and put them on a cookie sheet (ungreased / lightly greased).
IMG-20111217-00136.jpg

And then, finally...
IMG-20111218-00137.jpg

Step 3: ENJOY!
Hope you guys like this thread. Trust me, the cookies are delicious (and don't taste TOO much like weed). You can make some icing by mixing icing sugar and milk (and food coloring) but you can also just use cake icing with some food coloring.

:Namaste:

I love the leaf shaped cookies! Where did you find a cutter for that? My local Wal-Mart doesn't carry that style and I have to settle for stars, round, snowman, etc.

I found them on eBay, had to order it about a month in advance. Unfortunately, it comes to about 10 bucks for a single cookie cutter, but its a novelty so whatever...

It says something like "everything is better baked" on it :)

Nice! :goodjob:The method i use is very similar, slow cooker all day, no water till the end, press all the butter out (Hot). Then saturate the herb with boiling hot water, then press the remaining butter out. My batches end up being 3-4 lbs. Good for a few weeks worth of meds. I eat my cookies almost every night, only way to get a good night's sleep. I find that if taken in raw form, like straight onto some toast or pan cakes it takes a fraction to be medicated. I've tryed several different recipes and my fav so far is crystallized ginger cookies, can't taste the butter at all. I will definitely try this recipe, thanks for posting. :peace:

greenhouse250

Can you share your crystallized ginger cookie recipe ?

Thanks

GINGERSNAPS!

Hey thanks for asking, its been probably over a year since I've made these! Time to make a few batches..

-3 cups all purpose flour

-3 teaspoons baking soda

-3 teaspoons ground ginger

-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

-1 cup butter (replace with your cannabutter or oil)

-1 cup sugar

-1/2 cup molasses

-1 egg

1. Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon together set aside.

2. Cream butter add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Blend in molasses. Add egg and beat thoroughly.

3. Add dry ingredients in thirds, mixing until blended after each edition.

4. drop by teaspoonful's about 3 inches onto ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle generously with sugar.

5. bake at 350F 10-12 minutes (do not use this setting with cannabis infused oils or butter)

about 6 dozen cookies

Myself I make this into about 18-24 cookies, and most important is to not go over 325F. Any cooking that is done with cannabis infused oils or butter need not go over 325F. Lately i'm eating chocolate cup cakes, the recipes cooks for an hour at 300F. This has been by far the best delivery for me as far as taste and eating it every day! cheers :thumb:

Hey I bought two of the 4oz cannabis butter from the club each has 600 mg thc in trying to make your recipe but I'm not sure if I should throw all that in or just use one. Do I throw both of those into one batch of cookies? Also I'm not sure how much these go for. Please get back to me asap when you get the chance thanks.

Your recipe looks delicious. This recipe is perfect for my weekend party. I am planning to make one more dish from the livre minceur. I was checking some delicious recipe options from the internet and I found about the livre minceur. I wish that I make tasty dishes for the party. I hope that my guest loves these recipes.

Back
Top Bottom