I'm in the Kitchen Now Making Canna Butter - Please Help

bigdaddy111

i have seven grams of mids and im making one stick of butter so i can make ricecrispie treats. just have two questions. 1. can i use coffee filters instead of cheese cloth? and 2. will they be potent enough to eat one serving and get a good buzz.

Re: Im in the kitchen now making canna butter - please help

i know i read just asking about using a coffee filter instead and about how strong it will be.

Cloth has holes that are a lot larger than a coffee filter. Seems logical to say the results would be completely different, however would keep searching for help to be sure.
Advanced Search - 420 Magazine™

Can you run out to Bed, Bath & Beyond or Walmart to buy a cheese cloth, to be sure? :Namaste:

I bought a golden mesh reusable coffee filter for making cannabutter. It works really well.

bigdaddy, I use coffee filters for isopropyl alcohol hash oil, and even as thin as the alcohol is a lot of good trichs/hash gets caught up in the filters. I'm pretty sure butter would do nothing but clog the filter (the paper ones anyway) and spill all over the place.

A reusable basket-type coffee filter with a mesh screen like MawMaw suggested will work, or I've even heard of people using clean nylon stockings. There's a lot of filters that *will* work, one of the few that I'd suggest absolutely *avoiding* for this method is the paper coffee filters. ANYTHING but those... :grinjoint:

i have seven grams of mids and im making one stick of butter so i can make ricecrispie treats. just have two questions. 1. can i use coffee filters instead of cheese cloth? and 2. will they be potent enough to eat one serving and get a good buzz.

The butter will clog the coffee filter. A white t-shirt will work, but it might absorb more butter than what you want to lose. Cheese cloth is cheap and sold in every grocery store.

Be very careful with what you make. You can't O.D. smoking marijuana, but you can O.D. from eating marijuana products. I had a few really good meals, then I ate too much and went through a horrible night and never ate it again. You need to check the cooking threads, find a knowledgeable chef and follow their instructions with utmost care.

Keep in mind that you don't get a buzz from eating marijuana products, because a buzz lasts a bit and then goes away. The high you get from eating marijuana products can last 12 hours or more and it's a steady high unless you over do it, then there's trouble breathing, trouble sleeping, nervous reactions, anxiety, and more.

The butter will clog the coffee filter. A white t-shirt will work, but it might absorb more butter than what you want to lose. Cheese cloth is cheap and sold in every grocery store.

Be very careful with what you make. You can't O.D. smoking marijuana, but you can O.D. from eating marijuana products. I had a few really good meals, then I ate too much and went through a horrible night and never ate it again. You need to check the cooking threads, find a knowledgeable chef and follow their instructions with utmost care.

Keep in mind that you don't get a buzz from eating marijuana products, because a buzz lasts a bit and then goes away. The high you get from eating marijuana products can last 12 hours or more and it's a steady high unless you over do it, then there's trouble breathing, trouble sleeping, nervous reactions, anxiety, and more.

Jeez, don't try to scare the kid... What you're describing sounds much more like what happens when you take a little too much oxy or opana, not from eating weed. He's got 7 grams of mids.

Keep in mind that buzz means different things to different people. And you won't overdose from eating marijuana, you may get too high and mentally make yourself panic, but you'd need an incredible amount to overdose. Certainly more than one puts in a rice crispy square, let alone the whole batch...

It's all in your tolerance, and we have to respect that people have different tolerances and that each person knows their limit. Like you said, it takes one of those nights for you to realize what your limit is (but you didn't overdose in the respects of a heroin overdose or alcohol overdose where you needed medical treatment...).

If you have 7 grams and honestly if you have removed the sticks a fine grind and a sift will yield some funky results.
just leave the grinding in.
Any treat you make will have a hint of whoa, crunchy.

Try a glaze of canabutter BBQ sauce or Rub to try it on meats.

Works great on pastas Ground up as a pesto and other herbs will make great salads.

But yes you can. use other methods to strain. Mines is remove all sticks and fine grind to powder and sift. The rest just stays in oil or butter.

I was a chef for 17 years. Although cheese cloth is best, coffee filters work just as well. Shit.. we use big-assed filters made of the same material to filter the deep fryers at night, so there's no reason why hot butter.. ie: hot oil, shouldn't be any different. The point is it's "hot oil". Any thc would be dissolved into the butter/oil anyways, so there's no worry about "trichomes" being caught in the filter.. they're melted. ;) You wind up squeezing the filter at the end anyways.. just like a cheese cloth. They work just fine.

cheers..............

Just a thought but I have a friend called Yellowanna Cake on fb, she brought ut a canna cookery book. It's called 'cooking with cake'. But failing that try the internet or youtube. Good luck hu :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom