Hash oil, QWISO or BHO, mixed with honey in capsules?

CaliPho3niX

So I'm hoping maybe someone in these forums might have some personal experience with this, I've already tried searching the web as well as 420Mag posts and can't find a mention in the last 2-3 years.

A local dispensary here sells these "wicked hash oil" capsules which are quite a bit more potent than the usual whole plant extract caps and only a few cents more a piece. I asked my buddy who works there, as well as their in-house BHO expert what the 'base' of the capsule is, since the caps are fairly thick/solid at room temp, and only have a light amber/yellowish color (not black/dark like most caps), as well as a nice sweet flavor that's a lot more pleasant than typical caps. They both told me it's honey... just honey, and oil (most likely QWISO oil).

From the little bit of info I was able to locate, apparently honey might, by itself, be able to be used as a menstruum (solvent for extraction of plant oils/solids) for cannabinoids. Also, once the honey and oil are mixed and 'activated' (low & slow heat), supposedly the mixture is more viscous at room temp than either honey or hash oil by itself.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any actual hands-on experience with this method (oil and honey), what extraction method was used, how much hash/oil to honey, etc..? I've made a few batches of capsules with various oils, mostly mixtures of olive/grapeseed/canola and a little butter, but it just seems like the dosage is too hard to gauge with the cooking oils and obviously they don't store well in caps at room temp. Not to mention the flavor going down is usually funky... the burps are great tho. :grinjoint: Hopefully someone knows more, thanks in advance guys. :peace:

- CP

Re: Hash oil (QWISO or BHO) mixed with honey in capsules?

Welp, we'll see here in another couple of hours, just waiting on this batch of QWISO to finish evaping, plus I scraped another half gram or so of decent looking hash straight off the filters that I'll throw in as well.

I'll post results as soon as I know if it's effective... :)

Re: Hash oil (QWISO or BHO) mixed with honey in capsules?

Just a quick update for anybody who's curious or following:

Still working out the kinks, first batch of caps didn't turn out that potent and I was a little frustrated having wasted a bunch of good hash and oil that probably would've lasted me a good few days (and kept me *well* medicated). I still had a bunch of the 'hash honey' left chilling in the fridge as I only made a small batch of capsules to test.

I noticed that the honey in the fridge still had a bunch of hash particles in it but they weren't dissolved or mixed with the honey, just sort of suspended in it. No good. Anyway, long story short, I'm in the process of re-activating the mix fully and thoroughly, and just from dipping the stir stick on my tongue in between heating cycles, I can tell it's getting a lot stronger already.

In short I'm pretty sure this method is highly effective, it just takes a little more time and patience than traditional vegetable oil or butter extraction methods. As soon as this batch is done, I'll post the step-by-step of what I did for those who wish to try it... :grinjoint: Happy 420, :Namaste:

'ello!

I will try to find it for you, but it eludes me now... There is a guide one of our moderators have posted, that tells you how to make a 'honey oil' type product, with high proof alcohol and an electric distilling machine. It is a very good little video....

Some people worry about what might be left by the butane in these extractions.. Even at triple filtered, who knows? It's not something I'll be venturing into... So I don't worry! There has been talk of products rendered of a super-critical C02 extraction.. Which are priced higher than average machines in even the growing side of our world... The DIY would probably be deadly.

Good luck and good health on whatever you do!

Back
Top Bottom