Popcorn in ya kitchen!

Popcorn

Hey all i have been a chef for about 10-11 years and have been looking around at some of the recipes :)bravo:), I have decided to start a thread about making more dishes and sauces and such things, I mean think about it a bernaise sauce is a butter sauce so you can have CANNBERNAISE with ya steak, now as much as that might not sound great, canna butter has an earthy taste so add some rocket to it and a mushroom and they will help the flavour to combine with the dish if its not to your taste, Try Potted Crab with cannabutter and spiced toast.

So if anyone has any ideas or any dishes they want a recipe for GIMME A SHOUT, also i will be posting random recipes here and will start with the 2 above later tonight.

OBVIOUSLY I WILL NOT ALWAYS BE ABLE TO ADD PICTURES IT DEPENDS WHEN I HAVE ENOUGH TRIM OR STUFF TO DO THESE, BUT I WILL ALWAYS HELP WITH RECIPES AND INFORMATION.

So lets get the :party::party::party::green_heart: Started !!!!

Bernaise sauce made with cannabutter --

1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 Tsp tarragon, finely chopped
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 medium egg yolks
100g cannabutter or mix with normal use 50-50 just change to strength you want
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt

In a saucepan, place the shallot, half the tarragon, the vinegar and 3 tablespoons of cold water.
Simmer gently until the liquid has reduced by half.
Place the egg yolks in a liquidiser and add the shallot mixture. Blend until smooth.
In a saucepan, melt the butter until it is bubbling.
With the liquidiser on, carefully pour in the hot butter a little at a time to form a thick, yellow sauceTaste and adjust seasoning. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir in the remaining tarragon. Pour into a warm sauce jug.

This would go great with a Steak, Roasted Tomato, Rocket, Mushroom & Chips

POTTED CRAB WITH CANNABUTTER ---

Ingredients
For the potted crab
75g/3oz brown crabmeat (cooked)
110g/4oz white crabmeat (cooked)
1 shallot (finely diced)
pinch fresh parsley
pinch paprika
pinch ground mace
½ lemon, juice only
salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g/3oz cannabutter, softened

for the toasts --
1 french baguette
1 tsp cayenne pepper
50-75ml olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper

Preparation method
For the potted crab, place the brown and white crabmeat, paprika, mace and lemon juice into a bowl. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and mix well.
Add two-thirds of the butter and beat to combine, then spoon into a serving bowl.
Place the potted crab in ramekins or cups and put in the fridge to set. Remove and bring to room temperature before serving.
Place the remaining butter into a saucepan and heat until melted. Pour the butter over the top of the crab to cover so it creates an airtight seal and leave to cool.

For the toasts--

Slice 4-8 slices of baguette about 1/2cm thick, mix 1 tsp of cayenne pepper with olive oil, salt and pepper then drizzle over baguette slices and put in the oven on 180 degrees for 6-8 mins.

Then to serve just let your crab pots come to room temperature then place on a plate/slate/wooden board add your 1-2 slices of spiced toast, bit of salad for garnish and a lemon wedge.

POTTED CRAB WITH CANNABUTTER ---
Preparation method
For the potted crab, place the brown and white crabmeat, paprika, mace and lemon juice into a bowl. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and mix well.

ADD PARSLEY AND SHALLOT IN AT THIS STAGE ASWELL ( sorry had a moment lol) :high-five:

sweet love the potted crab:)
and who dosent like a compound butter with their steak I know compound butter is not a bernasie.
wonder about a cheese sauce Hmmm drizzled over some roasted cauliflower

LOL i have actually been looking at cheese sauce, so you could use it in a bolognese or with cauli cheese or things, making a nice cheese base is the key, you would just have to use cannabutter in your roux instead of just normal butter along with plain flour, as the butter oil is what helps to combine mainly anyway and use that to thicken your sauce, so basically make a beshamel with cannabutter if you know what i mean.

:circle-of-love:

BASIC AND WHOLEMEAL SHORTBREAD using cannabutter --

INGREDIENTS--
100g /3 1/4oz unsalted butter (softened)
150g/5oz cannabutter
80g/2¾oz caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
200g/7¼oz plain flour
130g/4½oz wholemeal flour
1 tbsp cornflour
pinch salt

(USE SAME RECIPE FOR PLAIN JUST USE PLAIN FLOUR)

For wholemeal shortbread biscuit,First melt the canna butter and let it cool & then mix with the softened butter and place in the fridge for 30-45 mins to set again, beat the butter and the sugar together in a food processor until pale and fluffy. Add the flours and mix on a slow setting until the mixture comes together as a dough. Remove the dough from the food processor, wrap in cling film and set aside for one hour.
Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and cut into 3in biscuits. Place onto a baking tray and chill in the fridge for.
Preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas 3.
Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with caster sugar. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.

:yummy:

bananacanna bread
preheat oven to 350F
1(1/2C cannabutter.
1(C of surgar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sourcream
6 very ripe bananas
dry ingriedents
1(tsp salt
2(C Flower
!(1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
mash the bananas
mix butter and surgar and cream together untill lemony yellow add eggs one at a time.
fold in sourcream vannila and bananas mix well
sift dry ingriedents together and mix gently with wet ingriedents
grease 2 loaf pans with butter and divide batter between loaf pans. bake for 1hr or untill a tooth pick stuck in the middle comes out clean
Enjoy!

Hi ya popcorn, hi ya fishy.

I posted a recipe in my main journal months ago. Miwa actually tried it (without the weed inside) and liked it. I cook it all the time personally. Its like a chicken pomodoro pretty much. Very simple, very good, pretty easy to make.

Want me to post it in here Poppy?

Hi ya popcorn, hi ya fishy.

I posted a recipe in my main journal months ago. Miwa actually tried it (without the weed inside) and liked it. I cook it all the time personally. Its like a chicken pomodoro pretty much. Very simple, very good, pretty easy to make.

Want me to post it in here Poppy?

Yeah youre more than welcome to post it here jimmy, just wanted to get a thread together where we can all share and stuff and im very passionate about food so its nice to have the same like minded people around.

:high-five:

So today we have an organic italian themed dish. I call it "Chicken garlic buttery bud good sauce" Yeah man, but what we lack in name we make up for in taste though.

So here it is with pics and recipe. Weed is optional if you just want a tasty meal after a hard days work or a long days smoke. But this is a recipe that buds go good on.

So first off You will need:

1 caserole dish
3 medium to large chicken breasts (i will put cook times for both frozen and normal)
1.5 cups of cheese (mozerella works good, so does agasio cheese, or parmisan, but tbh as long as its not too pungent of a cheese like a swiss cheese or a blue cheese you will be fine)
half a stick butter
quarter cup minced or chopped garlic
quarter cup chopped sweet basil (or small leave basil)
5-6 good sized roma tomatos
5 tablespoons olive oil
one 6-8 inch stalk of rosemary
salt n pepper
half cup chopped high grade buds (still slightly wet and not fully cured is best, freshly picked is ok too but its THC content will be slightly behind, completely cured dry bud is fine as well but fresher the better imho)

Firstly lets set the oven to 410 degrees.

Ok so first you take the olive oil and spread it around the chicken breasts then salt n pepper both sides to taste. laying them in your baking dish.

Then break up your rosemary into 1 inch sticks and place a couple on top of each breast, also break up or chop your basil (i just pull the leaves apart) and spread it around on top of the breasts as well. At this time also take your finely chopped buds and spread them across the chicken breasts and the bottom of the pan.

Cut each roma tomato into 8 pieces and spread the chunks out across the top, then take your butter cut it into cubes and lay across the top evenly as well as your garlic.

When its all ready to go it should look something like:
DSCN5663.JPG

Now cover the top with tinfoil and put in the oven @ 410 degrees. Bake for approx 60 minutes for frozen or 35 minutes for thawed. Then pull out and change the oven temp to 300 degrees. It should look like this:
DSCN5667.JPG

I like to cut into a breast now to check for any pinkness(it should have none, but if it does recover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until pink is gone in center)

Now first pull out the little rosemary sticks. Its not a necessary step to do as they are edible and taste pretty good. But I prefer to remove them as their flavor is already infused by now in the chicken and sauce and now we can spread the cheese over the top then cook it for an additional 15 minutes approx with the tinfoil off.

Once the cheese has a nice golden brown top you can take it out and it should look like:
DSCN56731.JPG

Serve with a little pasta and some bread, maybe a salad for a complete meal. But this shit is good enough to eat alone. The chicken is very moist from cooking in the tomato juices, the oil and butter it just melts in your mouth.

So yeah Thats Jimmys Italian bud chicken and let me tell ya you aint had Italian till you had this Italian.

Also remember Organic and homegrown is best and most flavorful. So use organic everything if possible :).

That looks good would also work well with COD or other white meaty fish i would just adjust the cooking time to 15 mins or 20 mins if using frozen cod. :yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

Yum!

This all sounds great ... JimmyCricket if you use cannabutter and cannaoil, DANG!

here is something for dessert.

Cannacookies :cheesygrinsmiley: (we have no name for these)

Make cannabis butter to taste.

*Preheat oven to 350*

*Cookie*

2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 Tsp. Almond Extract (use only *real* extract)
2 cups flour
½ cup raspberry jam

*Combine:* sugar, softened butter and almond extract. Beat till creamy reduce speed and add flour slowly and beat till well mixed.

Cover and chill for 1 hour

Shape dough into 1” balls, press thumbprint and fill with jam

Bake 14-18 minutes … cool then glaze

*Glaze*

1 cup powdered sugar
2 ½ Tsp. Almond Extract
3-4 Tsp. Water (add until it drizzles right)

Drizzle over cookies

Use only for holiday stress, these things are NOT healthy

WARNING

These cookies with or without cannabis are VERY good, so good you will be tempted to eat MANY, don't... seriously

Popcorn, thanks for a great thread! :yummy:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BOTH ON BOARD.

LOL that would be some strong dinner you having there, and dessert would have to be mahoosive to deal with the munchies lol

also if you use cannabutter or oil with Jimmys recipe you would have to drop the temps of the oven by 10-20 degrees or you would vaporize the THC/CBD.

:allgood::allgood::green_heart:

Hmmm Ok Popcorn, what would you think about how to get slow smoked BBQ in the mix?
other then burnin a doob while you wait.

shouldnt be any problems doing that as you dont smoke at a very high temperature, but you could always make your own bbq sauce and at the end of the process add your melted cannabutter or oil and use it as a dipping sauce for the meat.

But i will keep looking into this as could get some great results hmm got me thinking now fishie :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom