Mix strains in butter?

lauriloo

Hi, all! Total newbie here so please bear with me. After 50 years of believing the scare stories to keep me from trying cannabis, I'm finally ready to explore. I will have three different strains of trim available to make butter. Will it taste bad to mix them all together to be able to make a decent-sized batch? I'll have mostly lemon kush, some cotton candy and a little girl scout cookie. I think if they do each have a flavor they would still blend nicely but I wanted to get some opinions first before I waste it all. Thanks!

We use the magical butter machine and it rocks.. But just for a reference we use 16 grams of pot to a pound of butter and it seems to work very well ..

We use the magical butter machine and it rocks.. But just for a reference we use 16 grams of pot to a pound of butter and it seems to work very well ..

The Magical Butter Machine is worth every Penny!!! It is a MUST have for making butter and oils. Made a batch of butter and made caramels with it. I used about 23-24g for 4 sticks of butter. Came out great.

I will use at least 7g per cup when I make a coconut oil infusion. You can take that orally (I put it in my tea or coffee) or you can use it topically. I rub it into my wife's back and shoulders and I use it on my knees. It relieves the pain in about 1/2 hour.

We just mix all our trimmings together for the butter. Never get a taste in the product other than the food I've used the butter in. Do find that we can get a strong grassy taste in blander foods so we tend to bake high taste foods. Hoping to take all taste out soon.

I use the Magic Butter as well, and usually use and estimated 1 1/2-2oz of actual MJ buds for 1 1/2 lbs of butter. I always mix at least 3 strains and my last batch was 5.. the above comments are right as your really don't taste the difference between batches much. I usually use my MB2 on the lowest heat setting for 8-10 hours. I also have done 190F setting with about 1 cup of water added to the butter. I also always add about 1oz of olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom