Help About THC Capsules

OGxToka

Okay So Im Getting A Cap-M-Quik Kit Off Ebay.And Size '00' Gel Caps.

My Questions Are:

1.How Much Mid Weed Do I Use For 50+ Capsules That Are 5mg Each?

2.How Much Of Good/Top Shelf Weed For 5mg 50+ Capsules?

If You Have Any Good Experience With THC Pills Please Give Me Tips!!!

are you just putting the decarbed material in or do you plan to make coconut oil canna caps

ok I have been using cannabutter. last batch made with coconut oil. but want to do capsules. I have
clean strain pot can I still decarb it.

Can I not just put clean dry pot in capsules. This is not cannabutter, or oil. just straight clean dry pot. have done nothing to it. was wondering if I need to decarb it before putting it into the capsules. To get the optimal medical effect. I take before I go to bed. I take it for pain and spasms.

Can I not just put clean dry pot in capsules. This is not cannabutter, or oil. just straight clean dry pot. have done nothing to it. was wondering if I need to decarb it before putting it into the capsules. To get the optimal medical effect. I take before I go to bed. I take it for pain and spasms.

Yes. You would need to decarb it. That being said, if you decarb and make coconut oil (make sure you add sunflower Lecithin to increase bio-availability. 1T per cup of oil. Use sunflower not soy.) You will have a much more usable consistent medicine. If you want to do this on a regular basis you may want to consider the Magical Butter Machine. I use mine all the time!! :peace:

is there a benefit to putting it in a oil vs just straight clean dry pot. I am sure I can find ways to decarb it here on this site. in oven.

I'm new to this edible thing. What does decarbing mean? How would the process work with hash, which is all I have?

I'm new to this edible thing. What does decarbing mean? How would the process work with hash, which is all I have?

I'm also new to this and don't know what decarbing is nor how to do it any suggestions?

Decarbing is short for "Decarboxylation" - separation of the carboxyl group from THCa (the "a" bit)

In THCa there is an extra molecule attached (COOH), making it unable to fit in the CB1 receptors.

When we dry/heat our bud, it decarboxylates, which means the COOH evaporates and our bud is "Decarbed"

Here is a discussion about various methods - Decarboxylation: Your Opinions, Thoughts And Methods!

This is how GW Pharma do it when making Sativex:

Decarboxylation of cannabinoid acids is a function of time and temperature, thus at higher temperatures a shorter period of time will be taken for complete decarboxylation of a given amount of cannabinoid acid. In selecting appropriate conditions for decarboxylation consideration must, however, be given to minimising thermal degradation of the desirable, pharmacological cannabinoids into undesirable degradation products, particularly thermal degradation of THC to cannabinol (CBN).

Preferably, decarboxylation is carried out in a multi-step heating process in which the plant material is:

i) heated to a first temperature for a first (relatively short) time period to evaporate off retained water and allow for uniform heating of the plant material; and
ii) the temperature is increased to a second temperature for a second time period (typically longer than the first time period) until at least 95% conversion of the acid cannabinoids to their neutral form has occurred.
Preferably the first step is conducted at a temperature in the range of 100° C. to 110° C. for 10–20 minutes. More preferably the first temperature is about 105° C. and the first time period is about 15 minutes.

If the plant material is derived from cannabis plants having a high CBD content (defined as >90% CBD as a percentage of total cannabinoid content), the second temperature is preferably in the range from 115° C. to 125° C., preferably about 120° C. and the second time period is in the range from 45 to 75 minutes, preferably about 60 minutes. More preferably the second temperature is in the range from 135° C. to 145° C., preferably 140° C. and the second time period is in the range from 15 to 45 minutes, preferably about 30 minutes. In another embodiment, most preferred for a mass of plant material greater than 4 kg, the second temperature is in the range from 140° C. to 150° C., preferably 145° C. and the second time period is in the range from 55–90 minutes. The latter conditions are preferred for processing amounts of, for example, 4–6 kg of starting plant material and the exact figures, particularly time, may vary slightly with increased mass.

If the plant material is derived from cannabis plants having a high THC content (defined as >90% THC as a percentage of total cannabinoid content), the second temperature is preferably in the range of 115° C. to 125° C., typically 120° C., and the second time period is preferably in the range of 45 minutes to 75 minutes, typically about 60 minutes. More preferably the second temperature is in the range of 100° C. to 110° C., typically 105° C., and the second time period is in the range of 60 to 120 minutes. In another embodiment, most preferred for a mass of plant material greater than 4 kg, the second temperature is in the range of 140° C. to 150° C., preferably 145° C., and the second time period is in the range of 45 to 55 minutes.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I don't suppose you have a "For Dummies" version do you? lol

It all sounds very complicated and I still don't know whether I need to do it with hash or not.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I don't suppose you have a "For Dummies" version do you? lol

It all sounds very complicated and I still don't know whether I need to do it with hash or not.

It depends on the type of hash you have - 420 Magazine Photo Tutorial

Try heating up a little oil and crumbling some hash into it :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom