Cannabutter & My Experience

Deliriouss21

So I'm pretty much you're average stoner, smoke everyday, love it. But yesterday was my first, and probably last, time trying cannabutter.

We started off with a piece of toast with the butter, now had we of stopped there, I'm certain I wouldn't of had the kind of reaction I did. One of the guys I was with decided we should all take a shot of it, to really feel it. So we got a shot glass (normal 1oz one and filled it about half way) we all took the shot.

That was the last of the cannabutter we had for the night, now we bought what equals a normal stick of butter, by the end of the night, between the 3 of us, it was nearly gone. When I heard that, I worried we had done too much. Boy, was I right.

Now, we were just hanging out, having fun, watching Impractical Jokers. All was good. Wasn't a bad trip, I was very relaxed. We got home, and I went to bed, it was around 1:30-2am at the time. Fell asleep.

I then woke up at 3:00am and that's when I knew it was bad. My head was foggy and spinning. My body was heavy, and I could hardly move. My eyes were burning, and my mouth was incredibly dry. I got up, went to the bathroom, I just sat there for 10 staring off into space trying to calm down.

I was shaky. I felt like I wasn't me, if that makes sense. I knew a shower is good to come down a bit from a high, so I did that, I just stood in the hot water for another 10 minutes, I started to feel better. I got out of the shower and back in bed.

It all came rushing back. At this time my moaning and groaning had woken my b.f. (oops). He didn't seem to mind. Tried to calm me down and say it was all in my head. I tried to eat something, that only made it worse. I then hurried to the bathroom, my head still a foggy, spinning mess, limbs heavy, plopped on the floor and began to throw up everything in my stomach.

It was then 4am. And the puking brought me down from that horrible, horrible high. And I was finally able to go back to sleep.

Now, im sure, it was only a bad experience because we took way to much, and if I would of just stuck with the toast, I would of been fine. I still will probably never do it again. My feelings on weed is, if I have a bad experience, even if it's the first time trying it and I over do it, or if I just over did it with something I do all the time, I won't do it again. I don't like that feeling, and I'll do everything to avoid it.

re: Cannabutter & My Experience

Ugh! Sorry that happened. I know the feeling. I made a super strong batch of butter to make brownies and took waaay to big of a piece. I was having aural hallucinations(which i really do not mind at all) but the anxiety wave that hit me and held on for about 45 mins(but seemed like forEVER) was not at all pleasant. I really do hope you will give it another try tho. At the proper dosage edibles are amazing. Really, if i could manage it, thats probably how i would consume about 80% of my cannabis intake. Lol maybe no shots next time?

Ugh! Sorry that happened. I know the feeling. I made a super strong batch of butter to make brownies and took waaay to big of a piece. I was having aural hallucinations(which i really do not mind at all) but the anxiety wave that hit me and held on for about 45 mins(but seemed like forEVER) was not at all pleasant. I really do hope you will give it another try tho. At the proper dosage edibles are amazing. Really, if i could manage it, thats probably how i would consume about 80% of my cannabis intake. Lol maybe no shots next time?
Yeah, I've had another bad experience with a bong, and this may sound crazy, but it made me see shapes and shit. I didn't throw up, but it seems like when you have a bad experience with THC it seems like forever, but like you said, it's not very long, mine was about an hour long, and yours was 45 minutes. But it really does seem like forever. Shots of butter is a very very bad idea. Lmao. I might try it again, cause I did feel pretty great up until that point. Haha

Maybe some baby steps....a puff puff, or a 1/6 of a cookie or brownie......lol, you went full on with doing shots :) Back to basics, eat a normal meal, then do a puff puff.....what does it do for you? Try again on an empty stomach,......results? Go up and down from there, I suck at moderation but many others respect the word.

Good luck and such.

maybe you eat too much and too late, you must not go to sleep when still digesting the butter.
One time I eat it late in the night, and sleeping on it was very bad! the next morning I was still very high, but not in a good way.

Its been 6 month that I stopped smoking and just eat my coconut/marijuana oil.
I arrive at home around 6pm, eat a cookie, 30 min later I feel a bit, 1 hour later I feel more, and its around 2-3 hours that I really feel it for the rest of the night.

But its commercial weedz, not that great, so the high is just ok. Can't wait to try my own Shining Silver Haze next month! :drool:

A fairly standard edible whitey then, I doubt if there's many people who've tried edibles haven't over done it at some point

Being just a little bit of a control freak, I avoided edibles all my 34 years of smoking weed, because I could not get my head around the dosing and possible loss of control if I overdosed.

But since I joined :420:and started to read and research edibles, I have now started making and consuming my own canna-butter and it's brilliant.

My favoured delivery system is hot chocolate. I drink the edible at about 6pm and start feeling the effects 90 minutes to 120 minutes later at which time I also start getting the munchies so I have some food. The maximum effects of the butter kicks in without fail at 4 hours after ingestion and the comedown takes another 2 hours.

I have also found that the effects differ quite a bit when combined with alcohol and or even cigarettes; and as noted by another poster it'll slap you about a bit on an empty stomach.

Knowing everything I now know about cannabis cultivation and edibles; I could never ingest edibles I have not made myselfl....but let's face it that's the control freak speaking :yummy::):battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom