The Easiest & Best Way To Make An Edible

23aka23

After three years of making edibles for myself on a daily basis, I think I've found the best and easiest way to make an edible. By “best” I mean an edible that uses the ALL of the chems naturally present in their most potent forms.

My tolerance is through the roof so please adjust quantities to be suitable for your own unique needs. I started out using two grams a dose of White Widow in many of the recipes I've found on this site and others, and now use one gram for the same or, perhaps, better effect. Most users will need much less than this. The only quantity that is important is the amount of cannabis used. A half-gram made this way will be very potent, maybe too potent, for many. Keep in mind that ALL of the chems present will remain in the product. There is no loss so the result will be more potent than may be expected.

You'll need
a heavy skillet with a clear top,
a small oven-proof bowl ($1.18 at Walmart for one made of glass),
an oven thermometer ($5 at Walmart),
aluminum foil,
peanut butter,
lecithin (got mine off Ebay – cheap, 4 oz has lasted me for two years), and
cannabis.

In the oven-proof small bowl put a tablespoon or so of peanut butter, and a sprinkle of lecithin. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, and put the bowl and the oven thermometer in the skillet. Put the skillet's top on, and put the skillet in the oven. Set the oven to preheat to 240 degrees F. Once the oven has pre-heated to 240 begin checking the oven thermometer in the skillet to see when the interior of the skillet has reached 240. When the interior temp is 240 remove the top of the skillet, take out the covered bowl of peanut butter and lecithin, and stir in the cannabis. Recover the bowl with aluminum foil, and put the bowl back into the skillet, put the skillet's top back on, and replace the skillet in the pre-heated oven. Take the bowl out of the oven and out of the skillet after 45 minutes, and let it cool to room temp. Scoop it out with a knife, and enjoy. That's it.

Some notes:

The point of the heavy skillet is to reduce temp swings the cannabis is subject to so working quickly when the skillet is out of the oven is a good idea, as is returning it to the oven as quickly as possible.. The heavier the skillet, the better.

I have no idea how much lecithin is the right amount. I don't think it's possible to use too much, and if you can see it I think it's probably enough. Lecithin is an emulsifier that helps the oils in the cannabis be absorbed by the small intestine. Leaving it out only reduces the rapidity of the onset of effects, and will not reduce the longer-term effects of the medicine. I like the feeling of the med coming on so I use lecithin. For a sneakier come-on, leave out the lecithin.

I don't rush the oven. Once the interior of the skillet has reached 240F, I leave it undisturbed for another half-hour or so. The idea is to be sure the peanut butter/lecithin is at 240F before the cannabis is added. It's possible the interior temp will show 240F, yet the peanut-butter/lecithin may not have quite reached that temp. So I give it a bit of extra time to be sure.

The mixture comes out the oven after 45 minutes because it will still be decarbing during its cool-down. I prefer a high to a stone so I'm sensitive to the length of time it decarbs. For a more sedative effect leave the bowl in the skillet (in the oven) for an extra 15 minutes (making an hour total).

As with everything cannabis-edible related, the less handling the better. For a very smooth edible, grind the cannabis through a strainer before adding it to the peanut butter/lecithin. If you don't mind a little crunch, just use scissors to cut the cannabis as if to roll it into a joint. I prefer using scissors.

Back
Top Bottom