Anyone using an Instant Pot programmable pressure cooker?

coolwhip808

Hi, wifey got me one of those instant pot programmable pressure cooker that lets you dial in your temperature, and is completely sealed. I was thinking this would be much better than the standard "decarb in oven, cook in crockpot" method. You could decarb it in the Instant Pot at 240 for something like 30 minutes, add butter or oil, then change the temperature down to 160 (or whatever's best). I can't see a bad side to this, but I can't find anyone else who has done it, either. I didn't want to waste anything and try it just in case.

Thanks

I used a convection oven to decarb at like 7-8 and slow cooked in instapot for 8 hours. Turned out great

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Hey anyone know why my notifications are not reloading on android app . Last reload was March 28. Any ideas sorry not sure where to post. As this was the last area I posted in.

On the plus side canna thanks fly telling me about magic butter git one new fir 70$ shipped. Says to make 1 stick I'll be back fir recipes and pointers thanks cannabis family.

Used the Instant Pot the other day and it worked great. We set it for 1 hour low pressure (5.8) with 1 liter of olive oil and some water to help break it down with the immersion blender. When it was done the "cooking" part, we let it slowly decompress to room temp and pressure (4 more hours). Hardly any smell whatsoever. We were able to use a baster to pull the majority of the "clean" oil from the top (you can see it in the left jar) and the remainder we put in the fridge to separate oil from water. This batch was CB Dutch Treat and today we are doing the same for White Widow.
20171016_142219_resized.jpg

How'd that turn out?

Test drove the White Widow oil last night and it worked just fine! The CBD batch we used about 8oz fresh to 0ne (1) liter olive oil. WW we used 3oz of (one week) dry for 500ml olive oil. Potency of the WW was strong. Taste was excellent. The ratio of material to oil for the WW was about as low/tight as I would go in the future. The first batch had a ton of clear oil sitting on top of material, whereas the WW ration we used the baster to suck clear oil from within/around the plant material. Then used a cheesecloth type material to final strain. Overall it was easy, smell-free, and likely to be our path in the future for oil.

Used the Instant Pot the other day and it worked great. We set it for 1 hour low pressure (5.8) with 1 liter of olive oil and some water to help break it down with the immersion blender. When it was done the "cooking" part, we let it slowly decompress to room temp and pressure (4 more hours). Hardly any smell whatsoever. We were able to use a baster to pull the majority of the "clean" oil from the top (you can see it in the left jar) and the remainder we put in the fridge to separate oil from water. This batch was CB Dutch Treat and today we are doing the same for White Widow.
Also, to clarify, the Instant Pot @ low pressure (5.8psi) remains at a temp range of 229-232F.

Back
Top Bottom