How to dose the 1st time?

dieselskunk

I was thinking of making butter with my leaf when I do my 1st harvest. The butter sounds easy enough but how do I know how much to eat? Can I use a slice of butter on some corn and be ok? To many stories of people getting sick off of it.

I've had decent butter although the effects were rather weak and didn't last long..with that stuff I would of had to eat enough to get sick in order to get the effects I wanted. ☻GFP

On a diet right now with my wife because her blood sugar is high and diabetes runs in her family so we are on a one month no sugar or white carb purge. Don't want to eat butter till I puke . Darn I was hoping to find a good use of the leaves from next months 1st grow crop, picking it late July or early August.

I get butter from a friend who makes it with frozen, undried leaves. All I do is eat a couple chunks of it straight from the freezer and wait an hour or so. It is very difficult to dose correctly because of differences between batches. It may require some trial and error, so start small and work your way up. If you're using it for pain, it may or may not be worth the wait. It may also require adjusting the amounts of ingredients you use.

I find the wait is not a problem, because it also stays in my system a lot longer than when I smoke it. And I've never had a problem with it upsetting my stomach. I definitely get quite wired from it, but it's a very clear-headed, energetic buzz. I don't know if that's strain dependent or what though. When I get a bountiful harvest this fall, I may try it with my White Widow And CBDream and have a couple different types to try and see.

I get butter from a friend who makes it with frozen, undried leaves. All I do is eat a couple chunks of it straight from the freezer and wait an hour or so. It is very difficult to dose correctly because of differences between batches. It may require some trial and error, so start small and work your way up. If you're using it for pain, it may or may not be worth the wait. It may also require adjusting the amounts of ingredients you use.

I find the wait is not a problem, because it also stays in my system a lot longer than when I smoke it. And I've never had a problem with it upsetting my stomach. I definitely get quite wired from it, but it's a very clear-headed, energetic buzz. I don't know if that's strain dependent or what though. When I get a bountiful harvest this fall, I may try it with my White Widow And CBDream and have a couple different types to try and see.

Excellent advice, start low and carefully increase the volume of the dose. I don't get much euphoric effect from the leaves but I do get a wonderful sense of wellbeing.

Remember the edible effects include metabolization of delta-9 THC to 11-hydroxy THC, which can be 4-10 times more euphoric in nature than delta-9. I think it's worth the effort, given that it can be so effective under the right conditions. Any cannabinoids are worth getting into the system IMHO. There may be oils in the leaves that are significantly different than what's found in the buds. We simply don't know, but they have yet to identify a cannabinoid that wasn't beneficial to your ECS.

Excellent advice, start low and carefully increase the volume of the dose. I don't get much euphoric effect from the leaves but I do get a wonderful sense of wellbeing.

Remember the edible effects include metabolization of delta-9 THC to 11-hydroxy THC, which can be 4-10 times more euphoric in nature than delta-9. I think it's worth the effort, given that it can be so effective under the right conditions. Any cannabinoids are worth getting into the system IMHO. There may be oils in the leaves that are significantly different than what's found in the buds. We simply don't know, but they have yet to identify a cannabinoid that wasn't beneficial to your ECS.

Starting low is just smart, although patience is the key. It's easy to go past a comfortable level when you have to wonder if you waited long enough for it to kick in and then take more before you're ready. Although being a 30+ year pothead, I learned years ago to ride the waves and enjoy that part of the side effects.

On a more positive note, I think I'll be getting my MMJ prescription next month. I had my consultation this morning and filled out the form for an LP. Something to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom