Surprising effects from my last edible

Dugan

I made cannabis soup from from 2 fresh cannabis plants. They did not go thru the flowing stage. I had to turn them into a mother and a father since I discovered my municipality banned outdoor growing. More on that in a separate posting.

The plants were a little over 2 months old. The boy was starting to show pre-flowers and the girl only hints of pistols at the very earliest stage.

The soup consisted mainly of all the fan leafs not yet mulched, plus the stems and roots of the plants. The stems and roots sat in my garden for about 5 days after I pulled them up. The plants were not very big. That was part of the reason I reluctantly decided to abide by my city's ban on outdoor grows. It's in their rights under the Adult Use Act of 2016. ( Sorry, save for another thread).

So I cooked the leafs, stems and roots for about an hour in water mixed with a medium diced onion, a few whole garlic cloves, a couple of chopped celery stalks, about 1/2 tsp ginger and cinnamon and of course some salt and pepper to taste. It smelled really good, kind of like an earthy pumpkin pie thanks to the ginger and cinnamon.

I then stuck it in a mason jar ( What's with mason jars and pot?) and stored in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. I reheated it and strained everything to just a broth. I thought I was going to eat the whole thing like a real soup but I shouldn't have broken and chopped the stems because some of the bites felt like I was eating rope. Which is in effect exactly what I was eating. Next time I'm going to wrap the stems in cheese cloth.

So I let it cool a bit and drank up a big mug of the broth and then about an hour later pow ! I was not expecting to get high from plants in the vegetative state. I wouldn't have taken an editable in the early afternoon. I normally save those for just before dinner. As I write this post I still have the next day feel from an editable, but it entered my system at least 5 hours earlier than normal. So it was long lasting.

There were no female flowers, no sugar leafs, just fan leafs, stems and roots. I didn't think there was any THC in the soup, sh why did it get me high? I had taken a liberal dose of dried, decarboxylated flowers on the previous evening. The effects of that were mostly faded when I drank the broth. All I can think of is the non THC cannabinoids in the plant rekindled the THC already in my system.

I don't think I can reproduce the effect since I really don't want to pull up plants a month before flowering. But at some point if I have an abundant planting and want to stay within plant count I will try the soup again.

Back
Top Bottom