Tumeric Cannabis tea

Dugan

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to add variations without hijacking the thread.

I love Turmeric Cannabis tea. I start out with a Turmeric tea recipe:
Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk) - 5 Minute Recipe | Wellness Mama

Scroll down the page until you get to Option 1: Dry Turmeric Tea Mix. I Prep the dry mix per the link above and store in a mason jar.

1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
2. Add 2 tsp of the dry turmeric tea mix.
3. Add 1 tsp either olive oil or coconut oil. Sometimes I've used 2 tsp. ( Organic Extra Virgin)
4. Add 1/4 tsp dried cannabis flower. I am using flowers harvested in May of 2015 from an Auto Blue Mystic. So they're pretty aged. I don't know how much decarboxylation happens over a 2 year period. I have also used decarboxylated flower.
5. Boil vigoriously for 10 minutes. If you're a little more patient than me you can go 12-14 minutes.
6. Pour in a cup. I throw some ice cubes in the pot and swirl around for a moment and pour the melted ice water into my mug.
Optional:
Add a bit of honey.

On my stove and small saucepan the water typically boils down to 1 cup after 10 minutes. So keep an eye on it. Many recipes say to add more water. I never wanted to do that because I didn't want the water to stop boiling. So I just make sure I have enough to start with so I end up with enough to drink without burning my house down.

The dry turmeric mix is:
1/2 cup turmeric powder
1/4 cup cinnamon powder
2 tsp ground black pepper
1-2 TBSP ground ginger

Results for me:
If I drink the tea before dinner the medicine takes effect in 45 minutes. If I drink it after dinner it takes upwards of 5 hours! Once I woke up in the middle of the night and said to myself "oh good, it finally kicked in, it wasn't a waste" Then I fell back to sleep.

I only tried my tea once when I was already high and I didn't notice the effects, but I was a bit groggy the next morning.

When I was first starting I only used 1/8 tsp of dried decarboxylated flower. Now I've settled on 1/4 tsp, sometimes a heaping spoon if it's Friday... Mileage may vary.

I've been saving up the ABV for quite some time. It's a mix of several different strains. Some dispensary bought and some home grown. So I decided to try some in my tea.

I never used ABV before and was wondering if a lot of the goodness was vaped away. I tried was using 1/2 teaspoon of Already Been Vaped(ABV). That's double my normal dose.

Well it sure packed a punch. Next time I'll stick with my normal 1/4 teaspoon.

If I use Coconut oil and honey it tastes like a mild sweet curry. If I use olive oil and no honey the black pepper and cinnamon comes out more. In either case it's soothing and just what the (420) doctor ordered.

Mahalo for this post. Will try it immediately since i have available ingredients. Also have a pkg of tumeric tea from trip to Jaipur India with similar ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom