Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Scientific...

Do you have anything uhhh scientific that would help us? From the moniker you sound like my kind of guy.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Quote Originally Posted by TashaLit View Post
    Hey HealthFreak. I have been wanting to give beef jerky a go for so long, now...do you have a good infused recipe that has worked out well for youDecoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction ?
    Hmm. You got me thinking , I never made infused jerky, but have made jerky with some honey and teriyaki a little soy sauce or brags aminos , I don't see why we couldn't infuse some honey and have a go at it . Let's see who has a go at it first and let's share how it turns out ..
    SweetSue, TashaLit thanked you for this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

(And just by the bye, I would also be interested in seeing hard science--or as close as we can get to that--for methods to increase bioavailability with lecithin, etc.)

There is a good bit of documentation out there on encapsulation and lecithin/bio availability. I read a bunch about it in the food industry but I don't have anything at my fingertips. Sue probably has it memorized. lol

BTW, your decarb temps have to be close. I used 220 for 110 min for a good while then bumped to 240 @1 hr. I bet they get close to the same place. What we have found is that CBN does not form as quickly as the chart implies with our style decarbs. (meaning not CCO in n-hexane on a glass plate). Let's get the lab test back on the Nova decarb and we can talk more about time/temp.
    Scientific, SweetSue, Canyon, dynamo1 thanked you for this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    Thank you for the update. I was thinking of him just this morning, wondering if the cream had worked. He came to mind because I was delivering some cream to a couple friends today.
    Thanks for the thoughts , I used a total of 12 grams of bud and 10 grams of trim and more about 3.5 cups of grapes seed oil and sum bees wax
    SweetSue thanked you for this post
    SweetSue, CCOiler, Canyon, Arctic Bowl, dynamo1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kicknitup1 View Post
    Scientific...

Do you have anything uhhh scientific that would help us? From the moniker you sound like my kind of guy.
    My science background and interests are what brought me to this thread! I'll jump in if I think I have anything useful to offer. Right now, like everyone else here, I'm just really curious about how to optimize all aspects of extraction. I think it's fantastic that actual lab testing is now available at reasonable prices.

I look forward to when we eventually get cannabis off of Schedule 1 so the people with nice labs and federal research money can get to work on this substance that is used by so many and has been for thousands of years.

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    My science background and interests are what brought me to this thread! I'll jump in if I think I have anything useful to offer. Right now, like everyone else here, I'm just really curious about how to optimize all aspects of extraction. I think it's fantastic that actual lab testing is now available at reasonable prices.

I look forward to when we eventually get cannabis off of Schedule 1 so the people with nice labs and federal research money can get to work on this substance that is used by so many and has been for thousands of years.

Amen to that!

SweetSue's Threads

The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0: The Transition to Doc Bud's HBB Kit - Current

Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

"If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

"What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to when we eventually get cannabis off of Schedule 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    Amen to that!
    When Hillary Clinton was asked about legalization, I remember that her response was to sidestep the question while simultaneously taking a step forward by saying that we should get cannabis of Schedule 1 so it can be studied.

(Remember Hillary? Remember reasoned political discourse? Sigh...)
    dr.h00k, SweetSue thanked you for this post

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting times for sure.

420 Photo Contest Winner - November 2016 Member of the Month - July 2017 dr.h00k's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When Hillary Clinton was asked about legalization, I remember that her response was to sidestep the question while simultaneously taking a step forward by saying that we should get cannabis of Schedule 1 so it can be studied.

(Remember Hillary? Remember reasoned political discourse? Sigh...)
    ...the likes of which the world has never seen!!??......cheerz...h00k......God Bless Ya'll...
    Canyon thanked you for this post

...h00ks hillbilly grow girlz 2015...

...h00ks hillbilly grow girlz 2016...

H00k's Not So Hillbilly This Time Grow - Girlz 2017

420 Contests

How To Make A Grow Journal

Photo Gallery Guide

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio420 View Post
    Excited to see all the results

I have a harvest of CBDutch treat that's in the fridge now drying

I may do some oil and have it tested as well as the flower...to see how they compare
    $150 but would be a good test I think
    It has been a busy day. It took me a while to find your post again.

If you decide to have any test run please post them.

There is something kind of warm and fuzzy about having cannabis tested. It is like saying "I grew something that I thought was worth testing."

I never know
    Scorpio420 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kicknitup1, Canyon, SweetSue thanked you for this post

Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome neikodog, jump in!

Scientific,
    As I understand decarboxyolation, THCA conversion to THC is 0.88%, I assume by weight. Will that mean that there is a 12% weight loss?

If I am correct and there is a loss in weight, then the decarb process could be monitored by weight once the water has been removed.

The last chemistry I had was 50 years ago. Is any of this correct?

I never know
    neikodog thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grow2HealMe View Post
    I believe you! Maybe cause I'm in Canada with safety measures?

It's a digital oven
    Hi g2hm try this:

Press and hold broil button a few seconds until c or f displays
    Arrow up or down to change to what you want
    Press cancel

Pretty sure it is factory set to f.

Happy baking
    SweetSue thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
    It has been a busy day. It took me a while to find your post again.

If you decide to have any test run please post them.

There is something kind of warm and fuzzy about having cannabis tested. It is like saying "I grew something that I thought was worth testing."

I never know
    I got the Cannalytics test system...was sweet when I finally got results

So, yes, I have the testing bug...lol
    Canyon, Kicknitup1 thanked you for this post

Still my 1st grow.. but getting BIG with too many plants

Scorpio420's 2 Tent Tango - Dark Devil Auto - WW Auto - GSC Auto & A Slew Of Others In Soil

Check out my 1st Grow in over 30yrs started 3/4/2017

Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HealthFreak View Post
    Hmm. You got me thinking , I never made infused jerky, but have made jerky with some honey and teriyaki a little soy sauce or brags aminos , I don't see why we couldn't infuse some honey and have a go at it . Let's see who has a go at it first and let's share how it turns out ..
    I cook A LOT

This is on my short list for sure.

I did habanero hot sauce

Was thinking pizza soon, some infused sauce would be great

Damn now I'm hungry

Still my 1st grow.. but getting BIG with too many plants

Scorpio420's 2 Tent Tango - Dark Devil Auto - WW Auto - GSC Auto & A Slew Of Others In Soil

Check out my 1st Grow in over 30yrs started 3/4/2017

Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast