Canna oil

sandijack

I have a question regarding the making of canna oil. I had some trim given to me which I decarbed and then processed in the magical butter machine following instructions. The trim was old and the end result was not very strong.

My question is this. I now have some good bud I grew in the summer and I want to know if I can melt my Canna oil and reprocess it with new decarbed bud or would it be a waste of my time. I don't want to waste my two cups of coconut oil.

I am new to this procedure. I have been using cannabis for 50 years in various ways, recreationally and medically. I appreciate any assistance.

sandijack

WAIT wait wait, I thought it was a one way chemical bound process. once infused to the fats it cant be re-cooked to "boost" as you just locked it in ?!?!?!

The only way to boost under my understanding was to cook NEW oil then blend the two together as oil/oil in your recipe and good luck calculating the %

Please clarify !! :D

(FYI I'm asking as a general science. I use the levo oil cooker not the MB, and understand that these machines might very well cheat the entire process.) Thanks!

EDIT: for clarity.

My understanding was take oil -> decarb -> KNOW your strain to calc the decab max % -> do math. oil/%/ratio/evap/temp/final volume/etc -> get vol of thc per ml or whatever your cooking with. then you can doe in 4 squares i need blah blah.

Let's pretend I'm an idiot and for years thought wrong -> take existing weak say 14 % oil, throw on stove, add new decarb higher 28% and toss it in -> this cant be additive ?! the 14 is pre-cooked to attach to the fats, how will the 28 get in there?? and it won't magically make 42% either. laughably no hehe. If anything you'll end up with SOMETHING between 14 and god knows %. And we all know how badly being 15mg off goes at the worst of times.

I don't get it. Science me up to learn something today please!!

Back
Top Bottom