Cannabis Capsules

420oclock

My supply of cannabis capsules are running low, so I thought I'd share my technique, which I have been happy with. I will be making 24 size 00 capsules.

Here are the supplies I use. The capsules and the capsule filling tool are both easily found on ebay or amazon. You want the capsules to be size 00.
capsules1.JPG

I use coconut oil as the fat. It is solid at room temperature, making a nice finished product. I got it at General Nutrition. It has a nice coconutty aroma.
capsules2.JPG

To make 24 capsules, I need 3 grams of weed. This is some bud from my last grow.
caps4.JPG

The bud is ground to a nice powder. I like to use this food chopper.
caps5.JPG

Here is the finished bud:
caps6.JPG

For cooking, I use this little egg pan. It is the perfect size.
capsules3.JPG

To the pan I add 3 teaspoons of coconut oil.
caps7.JPG

Heat the coconut oil until it melts, then slowly raise the temperature to 325 to 350. Use a candy thermometer to keep track of temp. When temperature is between 325 and 350, add your bud. There will be some sizzling.
caps8.JPG

Load the capsule machine with empty capsules.
caps10.JPG

After your weed/oil cools until it is warm but not hot, fill the capsules. This can be a little messy.
caps11.JPG

Use the tamper, then add more weed/oil. Keep doing this until the capsules are full. The tamper can be seen at the left of the picture.
caps12.JPG

Place the top section onto the bottom section.
caps13.JPG

And expel your finished capsules!
capsdone.JPG

To summarize, 3 tsp oil heated to 325-350, add 3 grams of weed, allow to cool then fill 24 capsules. I store my capsules in the freezer.
Dose is user dependent. Some people just need one capsule, while others might want 2 or 3. Enjoy!!

bro im real interested in trying this out but would like to know how long it takes to cook and if the potency and high is different. Is this better compared to smoking it by the bowl?

Eating cannabis produces a different high than smoking. Good different, but definitely different. Try a firecracker for a good example of what to expect. I make firecrackers by spreading nutella (or peanutbutter, but nutella tastes hella better) on two crackers. Add some ground up weed to the nutella, and make a sandwhich of the crackers with your nutella/weed filling inside. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in a toater oven @ 325 for 15 minutes. Eat.

nice job
I was going to try hemp oil
a vitamin shoppe carries it near me
but coconut oil is a great idea

so how many pills do you take at once for good results?

THC capsules are great. I make a lot of edibles but just recently started making capsules...made a few batches to experiment and settled on a method similar to this one so I'm sure either will work but jus for the hell of it: First of all, buy a crock pot. One of the best investments you can make when cooking weed and theyre like 9 bucks for a small one at wally martz. If you buy the same one I did I can actually tell you what temp the high and low settings reach and how long it takes to get there (i cook a lot). Now all you do is preheat the slow cooker/crock pot for an hour and a half to two, grind up an 8th of bud (or however much you want, jus adjust the oil ratio properly), throw the finely ground bud in a shot glass along with 3 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil, and let cook on HIGH for an hour and a half stirring occasionally. Many people will say to use low, which works but only if your cooking 12 plus hours. At least for my crock pot, low will not suffice. Now fill your capsules (i use 000's) with the weed/oil paste using handy dandy filler mentioned above (an 8th makes 12-15 000's) and enjoy...2-4 at a time. The high is very weird, at least with my latest batches I take 3, and get a little high for the first 3 hours, then the high builds for about another 3 hours, and peaks 5 or 6 hours into it (dont smoke either, its way more fun trust me). Though comeup and peak times vary from person to person. Oh and so far I've only used middies but I plan on making a batch with an OZ of stems soon and will surely be throwing some 50's in soon too. If you don't have a crockpot, HIGH on my crock pot is 300 degrees F for all you stove top cookers. Didn't mean to steal this thread jus tryin to help out.

My supply of cannabis capsules are running low, so I thought I'd share my technique, which I have been happy with. I will be making 24 size 00 capsules.

Here are the supplies I use. The capsules and the capsule filling tool are both easily found on ebay or amazon. You want the capsules to be size 00.
capsules1.JPG

I use coconut oil as the fat. It is solid at room temperature, making a nice finished product. I got it at General Nutrition. It has a nice coconutty aroma.
capsules2.JPG

To make 24 capsules, I need 3 grams of weed. This is some bud from my last grow.
caps4.JPG

The bud is ground to a nice powder. I like to use this food chopper.
caps5.JPG

Here is the finished bud:
caps6.JPG

For cooking, I use this little egg pan. It is the perfect size.
capsules3.JPG

To the pan I add 3 teaspoons of coconut oil.
caps7.JPG

Heat the coconut oil until it melts, then slowly raise the temperature to 325 to 350. Use a candy thermometer to keep track of temp. When temperature is between 325 and 350, add your bud. There will be some sizzling.
caps8.JPG

Load the capsule machine with empty capsules.
caps10.JPG

After your weed/oil cools until it is warm but not hot, fill the capsules. This can be a little messy.
caps11.JPG

Use the tamper, then add more weed/oil. Keep doing this until the capsules are full. The tamper can be seen at the left of the picture.
caps12.JPG

Place the top section onto the bottom section.
caps13.JPG

And expel your finished capsules!
capsdone.JPG

To summarize, 3 tsp oil heated to 325-350, add 3 grams of weed, allow to cool then fill 24 capsules. I store my capsules in the freezer.
Dose is user dependent. Some people just need one capsule, while others might want 2 or 3. Enjoy!!

Sorry man, but your pictures werent coded properly so i reposted it for ya, awesome method by the way, thanks for the share :D

I am doing the stove method, This threads a couple years old but can someone help me here.

I am using coconut oil and a frying pan.
I will head the oil up to 325-350 and then remove from heat quick and add my herb.

My question is that do I continue to the leave the mixture on the stove for 30 or so minutes as if I was cooking it with canola oil at a lower temperature? I was thinking of 200 or do you immediately take it off the stove and let it cool?

Re: Cannabis Capsules-using vaporizer buds

I have been making THC CAPS for awhile now and would love to share my easy recipe with everyone. FIRST GRIND all left overs (i save mine in a jar until i have enough to make 50 pills) to a fine powder using coffee grinder. THEN fill capsules and tamp down repeating 3 times. assemble with tops and store in container until needed.
no need to heat or add oil as the vaporizer has already activated the THC.
I take 2 caps -you will "burp" the taste of mj when the capsule dissolves and the full effect will hit up to an hour later. ENJOY!! TAKE 1 OR 2 CAPS ON AN EMPTY STOMACH-FOLLOWED BY A SMALL MEAL TO SPEED UP DIGESTION.

@ grannyKush I'm looking for a high that will keep my daughter calm and happy but not too high, would you recommend this method and how much, she has some health issues and I worry about the effects of too high a dose. She's approved for MMJ and I'm looking for the best fit for her.

HI,
Understand that I am not a doctor and a lot would depend on age ,weight and underlying health issues. The strength i make mine for most people 1 capsule would be enough, personally I take 2 to relieve my symptoms.But then i don't drive or plan on anything that requires a whole lot of motivation. I'd say talk to your local dispensary,if they are knowledgable enough they should be able to help you out,most of it is just experimenting to find your personal tolerance. Hope this helps.:thumb:

:goodluck:

HI,
Understand that I am not a doctor and a lot would depend on age ,weight and underlying health issues. The strength i make mine for most people 1 capsule would be enough, personally I take 2 to relieve my symptoms.But then i don't drive or plan on anything that requires a whole lot of motivation. I'd say talk to your local dispensary,if they are knowledgable enough, they should be able to help you out,most of it is just experimenting to find your personal tolerance. Hope this helps. yours, :thumb: :peacetwo:

:goodluck:

yours,

Where did you guys find the capsule filling machine? I could use that! Also, I see a lot of people talking about trimmings etc. Does your dispensary sell trimmings or are you growing that yourself? I am not yet growing so am wondering where to get trimmings.

Where did you guys find the capsule filling machine? I could use that! Also, I see a lot of people talking about trimmings etc. Does your dispensary sell trimmings or are you growing that yourself? I am not yet growing so am wondering where to get trimmings.

In the OP he said he got it from eBay.

I am not aware of a dispensary selling trim, most people here are growing their own.

OP, I was curious, do you have any recommendations to substitute the coconut oil?

.......Add some ground up weed to the nutella, and make a sandwhich of the crackers with your nutella/weed filling inside. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in a toater oven @ 325 for 15 minutes. Eat.

I would say 25-30 mins, to xtract all THC. (has to be more than 3 sandwiches)
I really like the mix nutella X Peanut B
try graham crackers (no brand in particular)
wrap well in alu and after the cooking place them in the fridge
without unpacking et voilà!

Back
Top Bottom