Problems and questions growing plants with my pops!

theefreedom

so my dad and i started growing recently since in legalized her win california. whoop whoop!.
we started our plants from seed beginning of march and they are all about a foot tall now. we had them under fluorescence lights until 3 days ago. once they got about a foot tall we started putting them outside after they got a foot tall for one day! some of them bent over because of wind and the bottom of the main stock was very thin and layed don on the hot rocky ground. no biggy we staked them up with small metal coat hanger pieces. but since they were going to get only 12 hours of light we wanted bring them under light before it got dark. the leaves got a little brown not yellow from the leaves that fell on the ground. i put them under my his 1000w light about 2 feet below the light and set up a fan to blow onto the light/above plants. but now some of the leaves completely died. not sure if it was from the damage they took from being on the ground for almost a day or what. so my question is do you guys think the leaves died off because they layer down or some other reason? its pretty dry here in bishop california. and my dad said he had left over nutrients in the bottom of the tray that our plants are sitting in. so we washed the trays out with fresh water and i moved the plants off the table to the ground. so now the plants are about 5 feet away from the light. what is a good light distance with 1000w for plants this small? the leaves didn't droop just died. so many variables lol. dryer garage, constant fan blowing now, stressed them out from fluorescence to out side where they fell over to hot ground to under hps all in 3 days. what should i do? i have basic knowledge. i know leaves will pull nutrients from the leaves and more light means they pull more water. ill try and post some pics. thanks in advance. just trying to pick some brain knowledge!
p.s. don't mind the cucumber plant we are growing lol.

1966.jpeg
1960-1.jpeg
1959-1.jpeg
1959.jpeg
1958-1.jpeg

Negative brah. Only outside for 2 day time days and brought inside. Then straight to the 1000w light! Before that it was just the fluorescence lights.

Negative brah. Only outside for 2 day time days and brought inside. Then straight to the 1000w light! Before that it was just the fluorescence lights.

That's pretty risky!

We need to let them get accustomed to natural sunlight gradually or you can fry them. That's important with any age plants but younger plants in particular. Just ask me how I know:tokin:

I put them in the garage far enough back that they do not get direct sunlight at all the first day, then let them have it full blast for 15-20 minutes the next day, and increase the time by half hour or so every day for about week, then leave them out but keep an eye on them.

That's pretty risky!

We need to let them get accustomed to natural sunlight gradually or you can fry them. That's important with any age plants but younger plants in particular. Just ask me how I know:tokin:

I put them in the garage far enough back that they do not get direct sunlight at all the first day, then let them have it full blast for 15-20 minutes the next day, and increase the time by half hour or so every day for about week, then leave them out but keep an eye on them.

dude thanks man! they seem to be slowly recovering! or at least have not gotten any worse. ill keep u posted. i hate to see the girls stress out but i love finding out all the do's and don'ts! ill post some more pics later. thanks curly.

Back
Top Bottom