LED Grow With 4x4 Tent

jville19

So I have a 4x4 grow tent with one 600w LED Light and one 300w LED light. I was wondering if this would be enough light to grow around 6 plants. I am also having trouble keeping the temperature down, it has been getting in 90F's. Also what would be a good nutrient food to give them thanks in advance.

Not sure if you have enough light or not. I run 1viparspectra and 1 bloomspect 600 in my 3x3 and I'm pretty happy with it. You're adding an extra foot each way. If you can find the rating for u/moles per meter squared, 510 is about the very least you want to go, and 1500 is about the max. My units are running (as advertised) at around 1400.
You will definitely need to get your temps down. A cheap fan and filter combo can be had for pretty cheap on eBay. If you're in a tent, there's really no way around an extraction fan and ducting. There has to be air exchange out of the tent/room.
As far as nutes go, it sounds like this is at least your first indoor grow. Go as cheap as you can, or maybe even ask for some samples at the hydro shop? They usually hooked me up pretty proper when I first started out. You just need a basic set of nutes. Doesn't matter if it's a 1,2, or 3 part system. General hydroponics has small bottles so you don't have to commit to a $50 set of nutes off the drop. You just need basic stuff to see if you're going to keep going.

Back
Top Bottom