Stop smoking start vaping!

Pinch

"A collaborative study conducted by California NORML and MAPS found that vaporizers could convert 46% of available THC into vapor, whereas the average marijuana joint converted less than 25% of THC." -TruthOnPot.com

VAPING - 46%

SMOKING - 25%

Enough said.

I always assumed that the heat of combustion was high enough to convert THCA to THC. I understand that what actually burns is lost - but when someone inhales, they are (repeatedly) drawing hot air through the entire remainder of the joint.

Personally, I would love to vaporize 100% of the cannabis that I inhale. I just cannot seem to get high that way. And, while I appreciate the pain-relieving qualities of cannabis very much, all of that would be useless to me if I was unable to get my head straight once in a while. I mean... Sure, I can fill one of my vaporizers, sit there and go at it until nothing is left but burnt-popcorn flavored ABV, and maybe feel... something up there. But I can get roughly the same affect when someone hands me a loosely filled one-hitter bat (I never could stand to have my ears pop from trying to get a hit from one of those #@%! things, and all my acquaintances know my feelings about this, so if someone hands me one, it will definitely not be packed). And then, since that amount would be just a fraction of what the vaporizers hold, I would have the option to take several more hits ;) .

Could it have something to do with my very decreased lung function? Possibly, IDK.

Could I be "doing it wrong?" Also possible, I suppose. But I have tried both coarse and fine grinds, both slow and fast inhales, and several temperature settings. The best experience I ever had, vaping, was with the first one I ever tried - which was a Vapor Genie wooden pipe. But that thing could cause me to go through a full-sized Bic lighter in about two days, lol, and it turned out that when I was actually getting pretty high on it... I was heating the contents up enough to burn it. So... IDK?

I do feel that vaping (vs. combusting) has the potential to be much healthier for me, for all the obvious reasons. However, I end up going through so much product trying to feel good that I end up feeling BAD. And then I run out quicker, and it turns out that I only thought I was feeling bad before.

Results of studies at Weasel's house show an average 43% increase in highness when smoking pot as compared to vaping it. Whereas, vaping consumed up to 78% more pot overall, converting it into mysterious brown 'vape poo' of very dubious worth.

I end up smoking my vaped product. I don't know that it does anything for me, but it does give me something to smoke when I'm out of cannabis and not wanting to - or too poor to - smoke a cigarette or filtered little cigar.

And it might just be the decades of having smoked cannabis talking, but I prefer the taste of bud when I'm smoking it to when I'm vaping it.

I don't suppose (any of) my views/experiences/etc. are representative of the general cannabis-using population. I have a really bad err... habit of consuming whatever I've got, quickly. Someone knew I was down a while back and gifted me a little bit of bud. Much of it went almost as fast as tobacco would when I'm not actively trying to rip that monkey off my back. If it ever happens again, I'm going to try to remember to separate it (however much "it" would hypothetically end up being, lol) into portions first thing, and putting most of it out of sight, then trying to make each portion last as long as possible. Instead of hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, phone is ringing? Hello? Just a second (hit, hit, hit). Yes? Oh, okay, thanks for calling. I wanted to- wait, just a second (hit, hit, hit). Are you there? Sorry, I'm eating and a piece of rice must have went down wrong. What? No, that's all ri-- wait, sure, call me back later. Bye. Hit, hit...

Thank goodness this stuff isn't addictive, or I'd end up going through a lot of money that I haven't even had for 20+ years.

I go through lighters pretty quickly, because I'll light a cigarette, drag/drag/drag NO, I'm trying to at least cut down, better put it out. Light it back up, drag/drag/drag NO! Rinse/lather/repeat. One day I think I had three "cherries" burning in the ashtray from doing this so rapidly :rolleyes3 . Be healthier to just drop the thing into the ashtray and let it burn. Then I'd end up getting to smoke less of them.

edit: The thread title reminded me... I used to be hooked up with this chick, great girl but kind of (no, not kind of ;) ) mental. We'd end up in a rush to do something / go somewhere / etc. and she'd be turning back and forth like in a kind of exaggerated high-speed twitch, the adrenaline probably pouring through her system but the brain all akilter and not giving the body coherent instructions. I got to yelling, "Stand still look pretty!" when that happened. (Because I happen to be a very well meaning, but very sarcastic, @sshole?) She got pretty mad the first few times, but after that she started freezing in place, holding it for a few seconds, then dissolving in laughter. <SHRUGS> It seemed to help, lol. Anyway, that's the memory my mind dredged up when I first saw the title of this thread. Thanks for that, it was a better time in my life.

What have you tried for desktop vapes?

I bought a few handheld sized vapes and they don't do much for me. I'm a huge advocate, or was, of bong rips and rolling joints.

After a few i found a handheld that is meh at best, it works when I'm out or headin to the gym. Or if I want to be discreet and vape in public.

But I recently picked up a vapexhale cloud evo and use an adapting hose to run through my water bong. It feels (almost) like taking a real bong rip, and does the trick as far as getting high goes. I don't feel like I'm wasting my bud using it and tossing my vape poo away (although sometimes i keep it and add it when I'm making edible coconut oil, seems to add a toated flavor to it too).

Shit was expensive, but I'm thinking that I won't be burning anything on the regular anymore. I'll still smoke a dub if it gets handed to me, but I won't be often rolling any of my own. It has a glass tube bowl that works great for my ice water hash too, and I can get some pretty monster rips using it that way.

What have you tried for desktop vapes?

In a word, nothing :rolleyes: . I gave up before I got that far. I've had portables that ran the range from "I suppose it's making vapor. Maybe?" to "Careful, or it'll burn the stuff!" and none of them did much other than annoy me down to my last nerve (pretty much the opposite of the cannabis-experience that I was seeking, lol). Best one I ever had was, honestly, a Vapor Genie - big, ugly, obvious wooden bowl with a ceramic-insert lid that worked in combination with a butane lighter to heat the cannabis / vapor up to whatever temperature you like, between judicious use of the lighter and varying your draw speed (slower was hotter). But I went through an awful lot of Bic lighters in a two or three weeks - and can't say that I really got high, even with that one.

I still get high (kind of... I guess) smoking a joint, if it's a good gram - or more, if there is someone helping me smoke it - and it's good enough cannabis. Buzz typically lasts... IDK, 20 minutes or so? A short, clean metal pipe with a perfectly clean screen gets me almost as... "almost high." Bongs... <SHRUGS> And that's even with using the hottest water I can in them, so as not to cool the smoke below the vaporization points of the various "actives." And so as to hydrate my hit so that I can hold it until I need to get fresh air (oxygen), without coughing.

IDK. My lungs were pretty messed up by the time I turned 20 (round the clock exposure to huge quantities of secondhand smoke from birth onwards, infections, histoplasmosis that I picked up whilst caving that affected me... severely <SHUDDERS>, et cetera), and that's before almost 30 more years of hardcore cigarette smoking and well over ten years stupidly inhaling chemicals for eight to twelve hours per day that most all had "respirator" warnings on their MSDS, at work. When it comes to getting high from cannabis... I think I'm just chasing a fading memory :( .

I should probably just give up for good. Save me a lot of time, effort, and hassle (and many disappointments). . . .

In a word, nothing :rolleyes: . I gave up before I got that far. I've had portables that ran the range from "I suppose it's making vapor. Maybe?" to "Careful, or it'll burn the stuff!" and none of them did much other than annoy me down to my last nerve (pretty much the opposite of the cannabis-experience that I was seeking, lol). Best one I ever had was, honestly, a Vapor Genie - big, ugly, obvious wooden bowl with a ceramic-insert lid that worked in combination with a butane lighter to heat the cannabis / vapor up to whatever temperature you like, between judicious use of the lighter and varying your draw speed (slower was hotter). But I went through an awful lot of Bic lighters in a two or three weeks - and can't say that I really got high, even with that one.

I still get high (kind of... I guess) smoking a joint, if it's a good gram - or more, if there is someone helping me smoke it - and it's good enough cannabis. Buzz typically lasts... IDK, 20 minutes or so? A short, clean metal pipe with a perfectly clean screen gets me almost as... "almost high." Bongs... <SHRUGS> And that's even with using the hottest water I can in them, so as not to cool the smoke below the vaporization points of the various "actives." And so as to hydrate my hit so that I can hold it until I need to get fresh air (oxygen), without coughing.

IDK. My lungs were pretty messed up by the time I turned 20 (round the clock exposure to huge quantities of secondhand smoke from birth onwards, infections, histoplasmosis that I picked up whilst caving that affected me... severely <SHUDDERS>, et cetera), and that's before almost 30 more years of hardcore cigarette smoking and well over ten years stupidly inhaling chemicals for eight to twelve hours per day that most all had "respirator" warnings on their MSDS, at work. When it comes to getting high from cannabis... I think I'm just chasing a fading memory :( .

I should probably just give up for good. Save me a lot of time, effort, and hassle (and many disappointments). . . .

My experience with vapes was the same, bought a couple cheap handheld ones and they didn’t do anything for me. So I gave up and went back to rolling dubs.

Haha damn that’s a hard life on the lungs.

Maybe a little bit of time off smoking helps too. I took a rig job for 6 months and had to quit for drug testing. When I smoked a joint for the first time after that break.... wow, just wow.

I was on my ass and havin head trips like high school all over again lol. Getting that panicky “Shit I’m too high!” Feeling. That lasted a few weeks of me getting back into smoking every day. Now it’s back to a mild effect, and I’m considering taking a week or two break to see if my tolerance drops back down.

It’s hard to just take a 400$ dive into a vape when you’ve had nothing but shitty experiences with em.

But, If you get a chance to sample a good desktop it might give you your fix. Using it for dry herbs gets me a good enough buzz. But when I’m looking to get blasted, hash in the glass bowl gets me where I need to go. If you’re into concentrates it works great, and i’ve Been super impressed with the taste.

I’ve punished my lungs with tons of stupid shit growing up too. My family seems to have a weakness in our lungs, most illnesses are lung related.

I was coughing up meaty black loogies from smoking multiple joints and bong rips a day. Happy to say that 2 weeks without burning anything and it’s decreased substantially.

Good luck with the search, hopefully you might find success with something a little more heavy duty.

Then I'll play the health freak :cough:

Get a proper convection handheld vaporizer og even better a desktop vaporizer with a ballon system like Extreme Q and Volcano ;)

I used to smoke joints with 50/50 import hash and homegrown, 1,5-2g total per spliff, and many times 0,2g homegrown in my Extreme Q has gotten me higher, and also more than a few times my handheld CFV has done the same.
Of course the vaping is more focused and intense (kinda like taking bong hits is) than just sitting with a spliff and letting it burn away (admitted, I do miss that a bit :) )
I originally bought my handheld devices to be able to medicate while at work and my Extreme Q to save a little on the lungs and the hash expenses.

A water pipe adapter on a handheld device makes it possible to do very big hits.

I'm taking a break from smoking because it was taking a toll on my lungs after being sick so I just started using my vaporizers more and more. It's been like two months without combustion now, if I hit a spliff it tastes pretty much only like bonfire smoke, and my lungs have gotten better than they've been for many years in these past months :)

Certainly not telling anyone to quit smoking (weed) for sure, but if you smoke like I did (+5g a day) it's not gonna be healthy in the long run, and switching to using vaporizers also uses less herb, I don't think I've ever hit 3g on a heavy day, where a heavy smoking day could go up to around 10g...

The Extreme Q is less than half the price of the Volcano and works the same way, I've been using mine for a year now and it's still going strong getting me hella high every day :volcano-smiley:

I'm like TorturedSoul, I don't get anywhere near as high when vaping, but I smoke using a bucket not a joint. I got a Mighty vaporizer but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Not only do I not get as high when vaping but vaping actually makes me cough a fair bit whereas smoking from my blackened bucket doesn't for some reason, unless I smoke a lot or it's harsh. Maybe I just need to vape more to get used to it which I should because I've got the Mighty so I should probably use it and vaping is supposed to be healthier.

"A collaborative study conducted by California NORML and MAPS found that vaporizers could convert 46% of available THC into vapor, whereas the average marijuana joint converted less than 25% of THC." -TruthOnPot.com

VAPING - 46%

SMOKING - 25%

Enough said.

Actually not nearly enough said :ciao: I'm curious what the average converted % of a bong is ? I don't use vapes or joints, only my bongalongadingdong. :slide:

I have smoked joints before - they get me high but my brain keeps telling me that joints are to wasteful with the joint burning in between drags etc... Compared to the quick one big drag on bongs.. :bongrip: also joints seem way harsher to me..

Never had a vape from an expensive one, the investment for a good one is just to much to risk not liking it atm..

On a final note though, in order to combat 46% vs 25% makes me think of an easy fix... Grow more:cheer:smoke more:cheer: = more % :rofl:

I almost strictly vape now. I smoked for maddd years before I started vaping and now I don't even think about smoking unless some has some bomb ass joint twisted up and is trying to blaze... in which case I'll obviously puff it down. Other than that though, I just vape. Day in and day out, it's vapor time. I stick with the pen+distillate combo for the most part but here and there I bust out a proper nug and vape it in something else. For me though, it's actually not entirely, not even mostly, about weed. I started vaping cause I was smoking cigarettes and it was fucking me up royally so I swapped it for vaping e-cigs and when I realized how much better I felt, I'm talking physically healthier if that's not clear lol, I started vaping my herb too. After a while I got turned on to the oil cartridges and since then it's almost all I do. I got a Skittlez cart in it right now and it's about 2 inches from computer ready to go lol.

Hello Pinch, I seen you used to have a cut of a strain called Spaceship. I was wondering if by any chance you still had a cut of that going? I loved that strain and have not seen it in about 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom