Famous Cannabis Quotes

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Cannabis Quotes from Wikipedia

Cannabis is a genus of flowering plant believed to be indigenous to Central Asia, China, and the north-west Himalayas. The common name for Cannabis is hemp, although this term is sometimes used to refer only to strains cultivated for "industrial" (non-drug) use. Cannabis plants produce a unique family of compounds called cannabinoids, several of which produce mental and/or physiological effects when consumed. The crude drug usually comes in the form of dried flowers and leaves (marijuana), resin (hashish), or various extracts. The cultivation or possession of Cannabis for drug purposes is outlawed in most countries.

[edit] Attributed

* "I don't know what is marijuana. Perhaps I will try it when it will no longer be criminal. I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand,"
o Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada, on the decriminalization of Marijuana

* Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana
o Les Claypool

* Legalize it, and I will advertise it.
o Peter Tosh

* "Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
o Henry Ford

* If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
o Terence McKenna

* Congress should definitely consider decriminalizing possession of marijuana... We should concentrate on prosecuting the rapists and burglars who are a menace to society.
o Dan Quayle U.S. Representative and Vice president (March 1977)

* Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
o Ronald Reagan, U.S. President (1980-1988)

* I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument.
o Bill Hicks

* It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.
o Louis Armstrong

* "Marijuana is taken by '.....musicians. And I'm not speaking about good musicians, but the jazz type...

o Harry J. Anslinger, Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1948

* Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!
o George Washington in a note to his gardener at Mount Vernon (1794), The Writings of George Washington, Volume 33, page 270 (Library of Congress)
o Washington also recorded his concern that the male and female plants be seperated:

May 12-13 1765: Sowed Hemp at Muddy hole by Swamp.
August 7, 1765: –began to seperate (sic) the Male from the Female Hemp at Do –rather too late.

Some assert his interest in separating the male and female plants is an indication that he may have used Indian hemp medicinally to treat his chronic tooth aches. Others note that fiber of the male and female hemp plants have a different optimum harvest times.

* Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marihuana in private for personal use... Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marihuana.
o Jimmy Carter, U.S. President in a message to the U.S. Congress (1977)

* When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale.
o Bill Clinton, U.S. President (1993-2001)

* I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point.
o Barack Obama, When asked, "Unlike other presidents, did you inhale?"

* You bet I did -– and I enjoyed it.
o Michael Bloomberg - New York City Mayor, when asked if he had ever smoked marijuana.

* "I'm not going to be Bill Clinton and say I never inhaled. I did inhale. I liked tobacco a lot better."
o Frank Zappa

* The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
o Carl Sagan

* Not just pot rights.. but grass rights.. the right of grass not to be mowed.
o O Anna Niemus

* A poem: Slowly the foreign air enter me. I feel tingles and sensations. My life becomes a fantasy. Cannabis now rules thee.
o Thaddeus

My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.

Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around,
'cause I'm gonna burn one down.
Yes, I'm gonna burn one down.

Herb the gift from the earth,
And what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before you knock it try it first,
Oh, you'll see it's a blessing and not a curse.

o Ben Harper

* "I think that marijuana makes you stupid but sensual. I've watched many of my friends and loved ones become more erotic and dumber--just going around with a glazed expression on their faces from their last orgasms to the next--and found them really quite boring."
o Timothy Leary

* Marijuana is addictive in the sense that all great things in life are worth repeating
o Jenna Sheehan

* "Hey, hey, hey. Smoke weed everyday."

o Dave Chappelle

o George Washington in a note to his gardener at Mount Vernon (1794), The Writings of George Washington, Volume 33, page 270 (Library of Congress)
o Washington also recorded his concern that the male and female plants be seperated:

August 7, 1765: –began to seperate (sic) the Male from the Female Hemp at Do –rather too late.

Some assert his interest in separating the male and female plants is an indication that he may have used Indian hemp medicinally to treat his chronic tooth aches. Others note that fiber of the male and female hemp plants have a different optimum harvest times.

George1.jpg

This is a good pretty post. I got many different Cannabis Quotes on the internet and also get great benefits and help from them.

These types of quotes must be there on internet and other internet books. I love to read this post.

# 1 Rosie Boycott, Independent on Sunday, 28 Sept 1997

"If alcohol is a tiger, cannabis is merely a mouse"

# 2 Jon Owen Jones, UK MP

"We have tried the prohibition route for 30 years and it obviously, patently isn't working."

# 3 Judge James Grey, Orange County Superior Court, Santa Ana, CA, at the DPF Conference, November 1996:

"If we continue as we have for the past 20 years in California, in the year 2020, everybody in the State will either be in prison or running one"

# 4 President Jimmy Carter:

"Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself"

# 5 The Economist March 28th 1992:

"Medicines often produce side effects. Sometimes they are physically unpleasant. Cannabis too has discomforting side effects, but these are not physical they are political"

# 6 Volney Brown Jr., Federal Magistrate-Judge,(retired)., Los Angeles. At the DPF Conference, November 1996:

"There is only one thing wrong with drug law enforcement, just one — it doesn't work. And when I tell you this I want you to believe me because I have done it"

# 7 Detective Chief Inspector Ron Clarke, former member of Greater Manchester Police Drugs Squad:

"I got tired of seeing otherwise innocent young kids from all walks of life getting criminal records for, in effect, doing nothing more than millions of other people in society were doing with alcohol"

# 8 Sir Paul McCartney, Independent on Sunday, 28th September 1997:

"I support decriminalisation. People are smoking pot anyway and to make them into criminals is wrong. It's when you're in jail you really become a criminal."

# 9 Ontario Justice John McCart, 1997, (R. v Clay)

"Cannabis is not an addictive substance; does not cause a motivational syndrome; and health related costs of cannabis use are negligible when compared to the costs attributable to tobacco and alcohol consumption."

# 10 Professor Lester Grinspoon, Harvard Medical School, USA:

"Marijuana is one of the least toxic substances in the whole pharmacopoeia"

# 11 Edward Ellison, former Head of Scotland Yard's Antidrug Squad

"I say legalize drugs because I want to see less drug abuse, not more. And I say legalize drugs because I want to see the criminals put out of business."

# 12 Judge James Pickles, UK:

"Cannabis never killed anybody and it's use is widespread. You can't stop it. The law defeats itself because all the efforts to stop drugs coming in only drives up the prices and then gangsters move in to push the drugs. If they legalised there wouldn't be gangsters and huge profits...The police are gradually decriminalising the possession of cannabis because they realise there's not much point prosecuting"

# 13 Sir Richard Branson, Independent on Sunday, 28th September 1997:

"I'd like to see the government back a programme of research into the medical properties of cannabis and I do not object to its responsible use as a recreational relaxant."

# 14 LaGuardia Commission Report, 1944

"Cannabis smoking does not lead directly to mental or physical deterioration... Those who have consumed marijuana for a period of years showed no mental or physical deterioration which may be attributed to the drug."

# 15 Robert Sweet, U.S. District Judge, New York

"Finally, the fundamental flaw, which will ultimately destroy this prohibition as it did the last one, is that criminal sanctions cannot, and should not attempt to, prohibit personal conduct which does no harm to others."

LMAO... ok then, lets consolidate the real criminals and turn some the these POS prisons into productive grow facilities.
W/all those different rooms and chambers, man you could hella turn up some shit... WOO HOO.
At least then the people would get some money back out of it... that's what I call rehabilitation!

# 3 Judge James Grey, Orange County Superior Court, Santa Ana, CA, at the DPF Conference, November 1996:

“If we continue as we have for the past 20 years in California, in the year 2020, everybody in the State will either be in prison or running one”

here is another fact. Abraham lincoln sat on the porch of the White house in the evining and played his Honner harmonica..he also smoked a bowl of SWEET HEMP. lol, what is SWEET hemp?...can only be good bud.

Read that whole post and LMAO but i did not see my fav
How about..

A$$ ,Gas or grass..Nobody rides for free...

Cannabis Quotes from Wikipedia

Cannabis is a genus of flowering plant believed to be indigenous to Central Asia, China, and the north-west Himalayas. The common name for Cannabis is hemp, although this term is sometimes used to refer only to strains cultivated for "industrial" (non-drug) use. Cannabis plants produce a unique family of compounds called cannabinoids, several of which produce mental and/or physiological effects when consumed. The crude drug usually comes in the form of dried flowers and leaves (marijuana), resin (hashish), or various extracts. The cultivation or possession of Cannabis for drug purposes is outlawed in most countries.

[edit] Attributed

* "I don't know what is marijuana. Perhaps I will try it when it will no longer be criminal. I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand,"
o Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada, on the decriminalization of Marijuana

* Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana
o Les Claypool

* Legalize it, and I will advertise it.
o Peter Tosh

* "Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
o Henry Ford

* If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.
o Terence McKenna

* Congress should definitely consider decriminalizing possession of marijuana... We should concentrate on prosecuting the rapists and burglars who are a menace to society.
o Dan Quayle U.S. Representative and Vice president (March 1977)

* Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
o Ronald Reagan, U.S. President (1980-1988)

* I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument.
o Bill Hicks

* It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.
o Louis Armstrong

* "Marijuana is taken by '.....musicians. And I'm not speaking about good musicians, but the jazz type...
o Harry J. Anslinger, Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1948

* Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marihuana in private for personal use... Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marihuana.
o Jimmy Carter, U.S. President in a message to the U.S. Congress (1977)

* When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale.
o Bill Clinton, U.S. President (1993-2001)

* I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point.
o Barack Obama, When asked, "Unlike other presidents, did you inhale?"

* You bet I did -– and I enjoyed it.
o Michael Bloomberg - New York City Mayor, when asked if he had ever smoked marijuana.

* "I'm not going to be Bill Clinton and say I never inhaled. I did inhale. I liked tobacco a lot better."
o Frank Zappa

* The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
o Carl Sagan

* Not just pot rights.. but grass rights.. the right of grass not to be mowed.
o O Anna Niemus

* A poem: Slowly the foreign air enter me. I feel tingles and sensations. My life becomes a fantasy. Cannabis now rules thee.
o Thaddeus

My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.

Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around,
'cause I'm gonna burn one down.
Yes, I'm gonna burn one down.

Herb the gift from the earth,
And what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before you knock it try it first,
Oh, you'll see it's a blessing and not a curse.

o Ben Harper

* "I think that marijuana makes you stupid but sensual. I've watched many of my friends and loved ones become more erotic and dumber--just going around with a glazed expression on their faces from their last orgasms to the next--and found them really quite boring."
o Timothy Leary

* Marijuana is addictive in the sense that all great things in life are worth repeating
o Jenna Sheehan

* "Hey, hey, hey. Smoke weed everyday."

o Dave Chappelle
"f*ck!!! Where did I put my cellphone?!?!"
-me

Back
Top Bottom