Juicing Cannabis

Frank C

Is anyone out there juicing for medical purposes?

I'm new here and we'll be getting our WA Ok in a few days. Then we have to build a grow room and get going.

Frank C

Juicing?

As in steroids?

man, this thread made me feel lazy. I hate cleaning out a juicer for a little bit of juice!
cucumber juice is epic though.

If the second poster is right, idk how to contribute to the topic. :)

Leaf - YouTube

The above video speaks on juicing cannabis for medical purposes. The woman involved was cured of multiple disorders.

If one Googles "Juicing cannabis" you get many responses.

In juicing you run the leaves through a wheat grass juicer. There is no high connected with juicing but....you get 60 times the medical benefit as compared to smoking. My wife has as many ailments as this lady had so I have to give it a try.

Once we get our perscriptions, I'll start making plans for a grow room. BTW, can someone tell me how many sq feet are needed for 25-32 plants?

Thanks.

Frank C

Yes, I'll be going organic in soil or soilless mix.

I have a question about the grow room. The whole room will be 10'x10' . If I make 25/ 30 % my veg room how do I seperate it and still be able to use one A/C to cool and one source to heat?

Must I duplicate everything?
Thanks, Frank C

Hello Frank,

We have just started juicing.

My husband was diagnosed with a liver tumor, about 5 months ago. We've in California, and it co-incided with the Obama DOJ actions to crack-down on the California dispensaries.

In that time frame we also learned of CBD and its ability to kill cancer cells. We raced out, got our MMJ licenses and purchased some high CBD clones from a local dispensary. We planned to juice them when the plants got big enough.

We have also been purchasing high-CBD medicine, (dried buds), it is a Cannatonic that is 16% CBD and 1% THC. (That's right 16% CBD. It is the 'best' one we have found locally). We put it in a coffee grinder and grind it into a powder and pack the powder into gelatin capsules which my husband swallows morning and evening.

A friend send us a link to Rick Simpson's run from the Cure. As it was autumn, it was harvest time, for people I know, back home in the mountains, who grow. We were able to get a couple pounds of 'trim.'

We made Rick Simpson Oil. (Check out phoenix tears, of you do not know what RSO Rick Simpson Oil, is) The video says the Rick Simpson Oil won't make one stoned. They lied. The Rick Simpson Oil sent my husband over the moon. He could not walk for about 36 hours. It is just waaayyyyyy too strong. Even tiny-tiny quantity made him way too-stoned. We returned the remaining oil to the people who grew the plants.

So, our little plants have been growing. We just bought a little Sampson wheatgrass juicer. We decided upon the Sampson because it has a 17-year warranty.

As we live only a few hours from Dr. Courtney, I decided what the heck? Let's see if we can get an appointment with him. I called and got the good doctor himself. He was very approachable.

We went to see Dr. Courtney last week. We feared we might find 'a quack.'

Our fears were put to rest as soon as Dr. Courtney started to speak. He seemed very bright and very legitmate.

We have juiced high CBD plants for nearly a week. 40 grams of leaf makes about 9 cc's of juice.

Our plants are already about 95-days old, older than the 74-90-days that Dr.Courtney says is optimum for peak CBD content.

The juice made from the fresh, raw leaves does NOT make my husband stoned. It does seem to make him 'chipper' and perhaps a little more talk-ative than usual. He says it gives him 'a lift', but, does not make him 'stoned' like smoking a thc-rich marijuana joint would.

We are realizing, juicing, that we will go through our dozen plants, faster than we can grow them.

I hope, this week, to speak to our two local dispensaries, to see if they can start supplying fresh green leaves, for patients like my husband, who hope to juice the plants, to see if it will help battle his cancer.

Dr. Courtney says for my husband's copndition, go ahead and juice and pot leaves you can get a hold of. Raw and fresh, even leaves from high-THC plants will not make one stoned, as long as one uses the leaves, fresh and raw, to make the juice.

I hope this helps.

I hope I can find my back to this thread, in coming months, to report on how my husband's cancer is doing, after 6-12-18-months of juicing cannabis leaves.

Also, the doctor reports that you should have your light 3-4-feet or father from your CBD plants. A light that is 1-foot from your plants produces more THC and less CBD. The light, farther from the plant seems to promote a higher CBD production and a lower THC production. We have a fan on our plants. Now that our light is 4-5-feet from the plants, we hardly even need the fan to keep them cool. Though, I imagine as the heat of summer arrives, we will need the fan to keep the plants cool.

Please let us know how you do with juicing

Thank you,
Misssy

Salutations Misssy,

The juice made from the fresh, raw leaves does NOT make my husband stoned. It does seem to make him 'chipper' and perhaps a little more talk-ative than usual. He says it gives him 'a lift', but, does not make him 'stoned' like smoking a thc-rich marijuana joint would.

Raw and fresh, even leaves from high-THC plants will not make one stoned, as long as one uses the leaves, fresh and raw, to make the juice.

I've had a very hard time lately trying to explain to stoners on another system why someone might even consider consuming cannabis and not want the deliterious effects. Once in a while i can get comments expressed in a mature & responsible manner but those are a rare minority.

We are realizing, juicing, that we will go through our dozen plants, faster than we can grow them.

The following comment is addressed exclusively to the minority i just mentioned above. Since smoking/vaporizing isn't a suitable method of consumption because the heat will cause decarboxylation my opinion is that there are patients who will consider ingestion instead. Quantity is no issue for those with unlimited supplies of fresh green leaves, obviously.

By chance it seems an alternative may exist for those like your husband who fear being short on medication: e.g. absorption of the medication under the form of a suppository (inserted into the disgestive system via the anus)...

Oh, i can imagine the mucking birds this will bring here but i wanted you to look at that possibility, if you haven't yet that is. The reason is this: to bypass the liver and other filtration organs which intervein before the blood-stream is reached. Additionally, by medicating a person in such a manner the active ingredients can take action quickly, perhaps 10 to 15 minutes.

:nomo:

My attention about related sujects was captured when i started to search for information about Crohn's auto-immune desease and the properties of cannabidiol (CBD) relatively to the CB2 receptors within the digestive system. It seemed to me that 1:1 THC/CBD strains with limited amounts of THC would be best for similar medicinal applications when no "buzz" can be tolerated: non-decarboxylated cannabis has little.

Since your testimony appears to confirm that opinion i'll suggest those strains to you, in order of preference:

Critical Mass Feminised, CBD Crew (5 % THC, 5 % CBD)
CBD Shark Feminised, CBD Crew (6 % THC, 6 % CBD)
CBD Nordle Feminised, CBD Crew (5.5 % THC, 5.5 % CBD)

Flowering is said to require between 8 to 10 weeks, many more when growing a Cannatonic plant if i'm not mistaking. If as much as 500 g of flowers can be harvested per square meter then imagine the weight in fresh leaves... In addition, all 3 strains are expected to provide medium sized plants (not too tall, not too small).

Now, the best part of it...

Knowing your husband doesn't really need the flowers and the THC in them, only the CBD from leaves, this means you could harvest your cannabis vegetation BEFORE it's well into the flowering stage - which in turn would reduce the need for lightning quite significantly. As a consequence, you'd be able to cut early, perhaps after 6 - 7 weeks only, using a modest/minimalistic setup because it's no bid deal to get through the vegetation phase at all.

In short, i was under the impression you may yet have to explore alternatives which should prove to be more beneficial in your situation that what the average stoner can imagine, hopefully.

-=*=-

BEWARE:

I am simply sharing my own personal opinions after i've started searching a bit on Google: "Crohn’s Disease" Raw Marijuana Cannabis Juice...

You should still seek medical advice if you find this worth any further investigation.

Good luck!

:peace:

Some related readings:

Juicing medical marijuana the latest trend in amazing cures

Treatment of Crohn's disease with cannabis: an observational study.

Cannabinoids cool the intestine
(Make sure you've seen Figure 1!)

Hummm...

I'm growing more and more concerned about the risks of ingesting/absorbing raw vegetation, especially weed which has been exposed to potentially dangerous pathogens because it was cultivated outdoors with animals around, etc. Considering the "medecine" would be meant to help persons who already suffer from serious illness i fear there ain't too many ways to sterilize it and avoid decarboxylation at the same time. My guess is perhaps an extract made with heavily concentrated alcohol will get rid of contaminants by killing micro-organisms before the mixture is filtered and concentrated. Evaporation of the solvant at room temperature (or possibly even colder) is the main problem one might have to solve, IMHO. Compatible alternatives are most welcome under these circumstances.

Hi,

Do you not eat them??? So how can that be any different??

1st, please allow me to re-establish the context... I know all too well how difficult that can be for some readers to go back in time, a couple posts ago, euh... Here's the relevant quote for their own convenience:

By chance it seems an alternative may exist for those like your husband who fear being short on medication: e.g. absorption of the medication under the form of a suppository (inserted into the disgestive system via the anus)...

Considering the "medecine" would be meant to help persons who already suffer from serious illness i fear there ain't too many ways to sterilize it and avoid decarboxylation at the same time.

In essence i'm responding to a member who's worried about the quantity of available "medecine" by suggesting that suppositories would allow unfiltered absorption (E.G. NO gastric acid, NO liver, NO nothing), which implies a lesser amount of the precious substance would be required... Consequently, great care must be taken in order not to upset the intestinal flora under the circumstances - IMHO.

Well, your post is somewhat embarrasing to say the least as i'm forced to admitt i've never ever tried to eat green lettuce via the anus...

Greetings,
My husband and I also live in California. We are also wanting to grow exclusively for juicing having watched Dr. Courtney. He has done the science and his wife is living proof of how this amazing plant can work. We want to go to Mendocino next month and have a chat with him about how to go about doing this. We also would like to hear from those of you on this thread who are considering going this route too.

I have Leukemia and would like to see what six months of juicing can do to turn it around. It is NOT such a bad idea about making suppositories...many, many medicines can be better absorbed and tolerated by going this route and the dosages can be much less because it is usually 90% or more utilized by the body, plus bypasses stomach acids and the liver. Yes, try not to laugh at what is not understood.

If you make suppositories (using coconut oil and cannabis juice), I believe it can be better utilized by the body for healing and perhaps we would be able to get by with much less. This is something we intend to talk to Dr. Courtney about when we see him.

I would love to hear from those who wish to take cannabis treatments seriously.

Kindest Regards

Misssy, I saw your post and the intelligent answer of someone who was trying to help you think things through....I had hoped to carry this conversation on in an enviroment that would net some true considerations to contemplate.

Let's see what becomes of it.

I was also thinking about making one ounce cannabis juice enemas like the ones we often hear of such as coffee enemas. An enema only takes ten minutes to hold it until nutrients are absorbed totally into the blood.

I posted my personal email, but Admin deleted it. And evidently, one can only private email after submitting fifty posts here...I tried to private email a few of you who are serious about the medicinal value that Dr. Courtney prescribes, but it rejected my attempts.

I realize that the Admin here is trying to protect its members, so I will continue to post until I reach the number required...until then, hopefully, we can continue to research and kick around ideas that might actually have some merit.

Kindest Regards,
Rowena (Sweetz)

Hummm...

I'm growing more and more concerned about the risks of ingesting/absorbing raw vegetation, especially weed which has been exposed to potentially dangerous pathogens because it was cultivated outdoors with animals around, etc. Considering the "medecine" would be meant to help persons who already suffer from serious illness i fear there ain't too many ways to sterilize it and avoid decarboxylation at the same time. My guess is perhaps an extract made with heavily concentrated alcohol will get rid of contaminants by killing micro-organisms before the mixture is filtered and concentrated. Evaporation of the solvant at room temperature (or possibly even colder) is the main problem one might have to solve, IMHO. Compatible alternatives are most welcome under these circumstances.

Consuming any other fresh produce from one's own garden would pose the same problem wouldn't it? If that is a worry, why not grow indoors and eliminate that concern? Also, solvents can be worse at concentrated levels which would happen if leaves were soaked...why not just use 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide to wash the leaves prior to juicing since we are supposed to soak/wash them first anyway according to Dr. Courtney. Any pathogens (except possibly some strains of mold) would be instantly killed off in a matter of seconds/minutes, and any possible residules of peroxide is good for us internally.

Back
Top Bottom