Magical Butter Tincture problem

mmc2

Hello,

I just received a mb2 and made the vg (vegetable glycerin) tincture as the recipe states. 475 ml of vg to 28g of flower. Decarbed 220 for 30 minutes and made in the mb2 at 4hrs on 160F.

After pressing it was left with 375ml of vg. Its not very potent. Im trying to understand what I did wrong and what if anything i can do to up the potency? I don't wanna waste it, but can't think of anything to do with it. 1tbl orally only slightly buzzed for 30 minutes are so. Strain used was Skywalker. Any feedback? suggestions?

Thanks

Cannabinoids aren't soluble in Vegetable Glycerin that's why your medicine wasn't very potent.

You could try doing an oil extraction with the Magical Butter machine, then placing the extracted oil in Vegetable Glycerin, however that's a challenge in itself because of separation issues, even when adding a little ethanol. I understand that using a homogenizer to mix the Vegetable Glycerin and Cannabis extract works quite well. I read a post on Skunk Pharm Research about emulsifying VG and extracted oil for an E-juice. There's even a better step by step guide on how emulsify VG and cannabis extract for an e-juice. The same process can be used to make a tincture as well.

Sorry for posing an outside link. The link is the best example I could find to give some direction to the member.

I have the same machine love it when you made your tincture did you use trim or good bud when i first got the MB i put a ounce of trim in and ya was week you need lots of trim or 14g to 28g to make some good stuff try making the mb oil i did it with 14g and it will kick your shocks off and put you to bed :thedoubletake:

I have the same machine love it when you made your tincture did you use trim or good bud when i first got the MB i put a ounce of trim in and ya was week you need lots of trim or 14g to 28g to make some good stuff try making the mb oil i did it with 14g and it will kick your shocks off and put you to bed :thedoubletake:

I use 1 g / oz of VG for bud or 2-3g of trim. Also, if you a 1T liquid Sunflower Lecithin you will increase the bio-availability dramatically (make it much more potent) . Use Sunflower, NOT soy!!! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom