Whole Plant Oil

smokiebear

I have an auto that never matured. At 18 weeks, she was chopped. She's drying right now, and will be cured for two weeks.

I left all the stems, and the fan leafs attached.

Do I decarb the plant like so before freezing? Or do I need to grind up all the leaves and stems?

Can I chop it up with a knife vs grinding it?

Can I use a bigger mason jar or should I do multiple separate jars?

Am I wasting my time making oil from a plant that didn't fully mature? She had buds, and some trichomes. But she's mostly stem and leaves.

I really don't want to waste this plant if I can make oil instead.

I have an auto that never matured. At 18 weeks, she was chopped. She's drying right now, and will be cured for two weeks.

I left all the stems, and the fan leafs attached.

Do I decarb the plant like so before freezing? Or do I need to grind up all the leaves and stems?

Can I chop it up with a knife vs grinding it?

Can I use a bigger mason jar or should I do multiple separate jars?

Am I wasting my time making oil from a plant that didn't fully mature? She had buds, and some trichomes. But she's mostly stem and leaves.

I really don't want to waste this plant if I can make oil instead.

I am not sure you will get much oil. Making oil works best with 20%+ THC content. I think you will be wasting your solvent trying to make oil from that.

That being said. I chopped a plant about 35-40 days into flower (It was an emergency and had to go). I made VG tincture from it that works great. I hope this helps. :peace:

I agree with supergroomer on making a tincture as first choice. Some grow solely for the purpose of making Smoothies, which would be another option, but if you decide to try that, don't dry them more, fresher is better.

Back
Top Bottom