Cannabis oil recipe needed?

There are a few ways to get the resin off the plant, for smoking/dabbing extract it is a lot different than for edible use. Edible oil is best made by using an ethanol wash. I like to recycle the ethanol by using a counter top still and also add coconut oil to the extracted oil to be able to observe decarboxylation, to maximize the THC and CBD conversion. Making a smoking oil is a whole different kettle of fish, a closed loop system that uses low temperatures is probably the best way to do it, the guys who blast butane have blown up several homes around here, which is partly why it is illegal now, but there is also an epidemic of lung issues happening to the dabbing crowd, so that's worth considering if you are looking into smoking oil. There are a lot of ways to ingest cannabis, soaking it in a cooking oil seems to be popular, although you would want to decarb the buds first and then strain it. Personally, I like the ethanol extracted oil with coconut oil. By using a size 0 capsule, which weighs about 650mg when filled, it is possible to measure the dose. If you blend 3 parts coconut oil with 1 part cannabis oil and fill a capsule, you have a 162mg serving of the oil, which for my medical purpose is about right. Since this method of making oil typically results in around 50% THC, the capsules made this way would have around 80mg of THC. I shared a few dosages with friends while working this out and found that most liked the effect from as low as 20mg, while some enjoyed a whole gram, so there is a wide variation between what individuals can tolerate or enjoy. It is pretty fun figuring this out.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom