Solventless RSO from cold wash hash

winterwhisper

This grow I'd like to try the cold water extraction to retain the essence we want....the trichomes.
After harvest and extraction though I'd still want to make a concentrated version ( ala RSO ) from this hash.
I assume it's as easy as mixing the material into an appropriate quantity of oil and then storing in syringes.
Has anyone made this yet? I really like the rectal admin as I can intake a heck of a lot more medicine with reduced high. It will also save on the cost of the solvents... win. win .

will curing the weed make any significant difference here?

A customer of ours just harvested a few thousand pounds of quality high-CBD hemp and with their grow we have decided stop using ethanol and switch to ice water extraction due to a few reasons. Medically, we have had a lot of people with neurological disorders say that ethanol and other solvent residues are problematic for them, and we also have customers that manufacture CBD vape juice using MCT oil as a base carrier for the material, and alcohol is a bad solvent for vaping. CO2 is not an option in our opinion because of the terpene loss.

For something similar to RSO, I would try cold water extraction and then test with MCT, Olive, and coconut oils depending on what your goal is.

All of that said, before we shift away from ethanol, I would also love to hear from someone else that has done it...

Thanks for the input. I'll be ready to make this in about a month and I really think this is very simple, doable and cheaper. I wish I had the money to test my old rso (everclear) with the new hash rso.
My only dilemna will be to questimate how much oil to add to the hash for the strength I am accustomed to.

A customer of ours just harvested a few thousand pounds of quality high-CBD hemp .......

My only dilemna will be to questimate how much oil to add to the hash for the strength I am accustomed to.

Most of the runs we've done put the mid to high-grades of hash mixed (mostly 25u for CBD rich hemp, higher for medical with more trichomes) in the 40% cannabinoid range and maintain the THCA/THC:CBD ratio. So if you had 1g of hash from something like Cannatonic and you decarb before mixing, or doing a QWISO wash on depending on what you're using it for, you'd have roughly 200mg THC & 200mg CBD. A quick wash will improve purity, but the amount of THC/CBD remain almost the same

OK folks....the result are in for my first hash and also fromna dying plant. I got 24 grams from about 6 washes. I'm glad I didn't trash that pitiful plant. Too much time and toil in that plant to get nothing.
It anwered my question about recouping from such a damaged plant. My product came out dark and greenish but since I don't smoke some chlorophyll doesn't concern me. Now I just have to blend it in my oil to get my new RSO. I think I have more in my wash water since the trichome size ranges from 25-10 microns but i['m having trouble finding an affordable screen /bucket filter at that size. For my process I only used the 2 bags of 220 and 25. But the sustained odor of the wash water tells me there's more gold in them thar hills.

1st_hash_24.JPG

I am surprised you didn't receive more "play" on your post. Having intense chronic pain from degenerative neuropathy, the title was very interesting to me. Itdidn't occur to me that residual alcohol or solvent could irritate the nerves causing more pain, so you use more oil. Makes sense. Does the cold wash extraction process provide yields from an ounce of good, not great, bud that are as good as Everclear extraction? It it worthwhile if you don't grow?

Thanks!

Hey Anchutz.........Actually I don't believe it to be the alcohol that causes me the pain but it may be a subluxation that is somehow causing it as I regularly take glycerin tincture and if I take too much I get the same result. I tried solventless method for the cost reduction of processing. Everclear ain't cheap and I can't can't stomach the idea of use IA. Actually The whole thing went fine after the laborious process of doing the deed of washing. I WILL say that washing it only 3 times will leave many fine crystals behind....so after 3 times take your loop and look at what's left behind and keep washing till more clear if you're not going to eat the green. Was it worth it...I think so ..although. I think I got a decent amount of yield if I compare to other's hash amounts. I mixed the hash with coconut oil afterwards for storage and can take it a couple of ways. Just as easy and potent as RSO. As with RSO if you don't grow and are buying its not the process that is really important but if you have enough bud to make the rso or hash. If it's almost dirt cheap where you are they buy away and process. I ultimatly settled on using only 3 bubble bags.

I am surprised you didn't receive more "play" on your post. Having intense chronic pain from degenerative neuropathy, the title was very interesting to me. Itdidn't occur to me that residual alcohol or solvent could irritate the nerves causing more pain, so you use more oil. Makes sense. Does the cold wash extraction process provide yields from an ounce of good, not great, bud that are as good as Everclear extraction? It it worthwhile if you don't grow?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom