THC in alcohol?

IntoGreen

fondo.jpg

Hi friends, I'll try to make some cannabis oil from buds and a lot of trim. After a first filtering I've got a residue that is similar in color to hashish, they are crystals of THC or are residues to be filtered again before evaporation process to obtain the oil?
The Thc is in the bottom of the bottle or it is dissolved in the alcohol?

Thanks

fondo.jpg

Hi friends, I'll try to make some cannabis oil from buds and a lot of trim. After a first filtering I've got a residue that is similar in color to hashish, they are crystals of THC or are residues to be filtered again before evaporation process to obtain the oil?
The Thc is in the bottom of the bottle or it is dissolved in the alcohol?

Thanks
Hi friend how are you. So you should start with 80 proof alcohol or higher. Next put it in the freezer in a mason jar or somthing similar and after your first day shake it vigorously for five min repeat this process for 5 days and then at day five strain you bud and trim and you have thc tincture. I made my last tincture out of keif and after the five days i took keif and dryed it it didnt have any effect but the alcohol that was a diffrent story. Hope this helps. Stop by and check out my grow and give some advice. Happy hemping
Smokie

Sent from my SPH-L710 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They are the trichome glands, where THC and many other compounds are.

Keep in mind that you may be saturating the dissolution as well. If a certain volume of alcohol is already saturated, tehre is no point on mixing more trim or weed with it... it just won't dissolve there.

The alcohol is being used as a solvent to extract the material from the flowers. That's the whole point- you are 'washing' all of the good stuff out of your weed and the 'good' stuff is left in the alcohol. You then evaporate the solvent and that leaves you with the 'oil'. You will need to heat the oil to 250 deg. F if you are going to consume orally to decarb the inactive compounds left after extraction. There is a stick thread in this forum that has an excellent guide on how to do all of this and why.

Back
Top Bottom