Using capsules for oil

Danolo

I am getting my first delivery of CCO soon and I've bought an encapsulating machine.

I know I must use vegetable capsules for CCO.

What should I mix it with, in the cap? Olive oil? Canola Oil?

Will the capsule likely leak?

I was going to put the CCO, using an eyedropper, onto corn starch in the cap, but wiser minds have dissuaded me from that. Can you folks suggest an alternative?

We are interested in using capsules because its fast and easy to use.

Thanks for your input

Geeze... 139 views over three days, and no one has a suggestion?

I'll enquire elsewhere and get back to you...

Good luck Champ, looking forward to the results :bongrip:

It's a shame experimenting by yourself is too scary/expensive and dangerous to try out.

Also a shame you didn't try using "search", as there is a wealth of CCO info on the site :reading420magazine:

I use standard gelatin capsules without any problems. Always have done

I fill using a 1ml/g oral syringe

As for carrier, that depends on what you are looking to achieve ?

For rec use, i find coconut oil works best for me.

And no, mine do not leak :)

Hope that helps

Hope that helps

Thanks Chewey... I may try the coconut oil, however since you report no leaks, I'm encouraged to try olive oil as well.

Thanks Chewey... I may try the coconut oil, however since you report no leaks, I'm encouraged to try olive oil as well.
I like to mix the coconut oil and olive oil for a more rounded oil. One of the oils bypasses the liver and circulates through the body, the other hits the liver immediately and starts being used. It takes about an hour to feel the full effects, but it's glorious. Think of it as a "time released" capsule. I feel it's better for people who are sick because it starts working quickly, but lasts for hours.

Well, my "oil" finally arrived. It suffered through an address error and so it took a while to arrive.

Now, I'm not sure what I have.

Here's the labelling:

PURE CBD TINCTURE
CO2 extracted CBX Hemp oil
in Coconut Carrier Oil

And on the back:

DOSAGE:
3 ml ~ 25 mg (threshold dose)

Users can require 400 mg+ daily
depending on condition.
No Psychoactive ingredients.
ingest as needed.
440 mg CBD
30 ml

It comes with an eyedropper, which holds 2 ml.

So, if i understand it, the words under "DOSAGE" seem to imply that 3 ml or 25 mg is the "starting" dose> Is that what he means by threshold?

The whole bottle holds 30 ml, which leads me to believe that if 3 ml is the minimum daily dose, this bottle is not going to last more than 10 days. It cost me $100, so if i'm right about dosages, there's less expensive ways to ingest CBD.

For example, we've been buying a CBD cap that says it contains 20 mg of CBD. My wife uses 3 - 4 of them a day when needed. At $2 each, that is a bargain.

I'd be happy to hear from you folks on what I have here, and best how to use it.

Thanks

Ok, I finally made some caps with this oil.

The label says:
440 mg CBD
30 ml.

Therefore, there is 440/30 = 14.67 mg CBD per ml.

The caps I filled (00 size) seem to hold about 1 ml, perhaps a bit less.

So, 1 cap gives us 12-14 mg of CBD.

I don't think that will do much, will it?

I popped one this morning but I cannot tell if its effect was masked by my morning bowl of Blue Dynamite.

I have about 20 ml left, and I think I'm gonna encapsulate it all, and then each day take one extra cap... so tomorrow morning I'll take 2, and so on. I know I can't overdose, so this should be fairly safe and will perhaps give me some information about the product.

What do you pot gurus think?

I just made my first canna oil capsules yesterday and like Chewey, I used a 1 ml oral syringe and coconut oil and mine don't appear to be leaking either. I just took my first one about an hour ago and it actually took away most of my pain and although I was tired beforehand, I think they'll work well as a nighttime pain reliever.

Here's a link to my blog about the making of them if you're interested:

Cannaoil Capsules - Take 1

Hope that helps

I'm afraid math is not my strong suit. Hopefully, you were able to figure out a solution that works for you and your wife.

:Namaste:

Ok, I finally made some caps with this oil.

The label says:
440 mg CBD
30 ml.

Therefore, there is 440/30 = 14.67 mg CBD per ml.

The caps I filled (00 size) seem to hold about 1 ml, perhaps a bit less.

So, 1 cap gives us 12-14 mg of CBD.

I don't think that will do much, will it?

I popped one this morning but I cannot tell if its effect was masked by my morning bowl of Blue Dynamite.

I have about 20 ml left, and I think I'm gonna encapsulate it all, and then each day take one extra cap... so tomorrow morning I'll take 2, and so on. I know I can't overdose, so this should be fairly safe and will perhaps give me some information about the product.

What do you pot gurus think?

Danolo, in my little myopic world I totally missed you over here calling out in the darkness. I'm so glad Chewey found you when he did. And thank you HashGirl. :hug:

The medical definition of a threshold:

a : the point at which a physiological or psychological effect begins to be produced <has a high threshold for pain>
b : a level, point, or value above which something is true or will take place and below which it is not or will not

I believe you may be correct in thinking this is your starting point. With your capsules that'd be two, which I'd suggest you try to take morning and night as a start. Then, as you feel the need, you can add in more at those dosage times until you reach the therapeutic dose.

With CBD this can be a little tricky. You won't necessarily "feel" anything, including the relief you seek, right off the bat. With CBD in particular it's important that you stay the course. Consider that the ECS is stressed and a bit disfunctional. Give it the time it may need to utilize the medication and begin the healing process. This is an herbal medication, not a pharmaceutical. We're healing at a cellular level, not covering over the symptoms.

Hopefully your sought-after results will come swiftly.

Next time you make capsules try to use liquid sunflower lecithin. It'll stretch the oil by making it more bioavailable, thus potentiating what you have beyond what it would be alone. You get more capsules from the same amount of oil and they have a more pronounced effect as a healing modality. It's well worth the effort. Cajun claims it's the next best thing to getting your cannabinoids by IV.

Also, coconut oil if you're treating liver cancer or using the oil for recreation. For just about everything else we recommend olive oil. It's a healing oil in its own right, but it bypasses the liver first time through, so more of the cannabinoids get out there to work their signaling magic.

Danolo, in my little myopic world I totally missed you over here calling out in the darkness. I'm so glad Chewey found you when he did. And thank you HashGirl. :hug:

The medical definition of a threshold:

a : the point at which a physiological or psychological effect begins to be produced <has a high threshold for pain>
b : a level, point, or value above which something is true or will take place and below which it is not or will not

I believe you may be correct in thinking this is your starting point. With your capsules that'd be two, which I'd suggest you try to take morning and night as a start. Then, as you feel the need, you can add in more at those dosage times until you reach the therapeutic dose.

With CBD this can be a little tricky. You won't necessarily "feel" anything, including the relief you seek, right off the bat. With CBD in particular it's important that you stay the course. Consider that the ECS is stressed and a bit disfunctional. Give it the time it may need to utilize the medication and begin the healing process. This is an herbal medication, not a pharmaceutical. We're healing at a cellular level, not covering over the symptoms.

Hopefully your sought-after results will come swiftly.

Next time you make capsules try to use liquid sunflower lecithin. It'll stretch the oil by making it more bioavailable, thus potentiating what you have beyond what it would be alone. You get more capsules from the same amount of oil and they have a more pronounced effect as a healing modality. It's well worth the effort. Cajun claims it's the next best thing to getting your cannabinoids by IV.

Also, coconut oil if you're treating liver cancer or using the oil for recreation. For just about everything else we recommend olive oil. It's a healing oil in its own right, but it bypasses the liver first time through, so more of the cannabinoids get out there to work their signaling magic.

Ahhh thanks Sue... we've moved on from that oil to this new one, that I call fake RSO, cuz I know he doesn't sell his oil. I do have hopes however that this oil will help... we'll see...

Sue, I have some sunflower lecithin caps, but they are messy to open to get at the oil. I assume I could just have my wife take one of them when she uses the fake RSO caps and hopefully they would dissolve together.

If I make more caps, which I am going to do tomorrow, I can easily get lecithin and olive oil. How much of each should I use in each cap?

Thanks again for your valuable healing information.

:circle-of-love:

Some additional info...

The fake RSO caps I made came from a syringe my local dispensary sold me, labelled XXXXX Rick Simpson Oil (37% THC / 24% CBD). I have XXXX'ed out the brand name. PM if you want it.

I dunno if those percentages are accurate. We can hope.

The syringe is 1 ml and I've used about half of it, making about 10 caps with a rice-grain sized dab in each. So, if I get 20 caps from 1 ml,
each cap should contain :
THC 1 ml /20 * 37% = .0185 ml of THC per cap
CBD 1 ml/20 * 24% = .012 ml of CBD per cap

Not much.. but so far we've seen some small effect, so we'll keep trying and see how it goes.

No label... I checked their website and it only shows this:

RSO Rick Simpson Oil made by XXXXX has 38% activated Edible THC & 24% CBD

Isn't there a 1:1 ratio? 1 ml = 1 mg???

I'm not sure..

The one to one ratio I speak of is a balance of THC to CBD. This oil you have is close enough to this ratio to be a tremendous help for your wife. I'm much impressed with the 38% value of THC and the CBD content is very respectable.

What that means is in every ml/mg (they're interchangeable) of the oil you can expect 38% to be THC and 24% to be CBD.

The one to one ratio I speak of is a balance of THC to CBD. This oil you have is close enough to this ratio to be a tremendous help for your wife. I'm much impressed with the 38% value of THC and the CBD content is very respectable.

What that means is in every ml/mg (they're interchangeable) of the oil you can expect 38% to be THC and 24% to be CBD.

Yeah, that's what I mean by 1;1... ml:mg.....

Well see how it works... I pray..

Yeah, that's what I mean by 1;1... ml:mg.....

Well see how it works... I pray..

Prayer is always encouraged, with the request that you focus on replacing "please" with "thank you." The Divine appreciates it when we acknowledge from the beginning that the answers and solutions are there waiting for us to see them. You're in good hands. You have much to be hopeful for. :love:

Ahhh thanks Sue... we've moved on from that oil to this new one, that I call fake RSO, cuz I know he doesn't sell his oil. I do have hopes however that this oil will help... we'll see...

Sue, I have some sunflower lecithin caps, but they are messy to open to get at the oil. I assume I could just have my wife take one of them when she uses the fake RSO caps and hopefully they would dissolve together.

If I make more caps, which I am going to do tomorrow, I can easily get lecithin and olive oil. How much of each should I use in each cap?

Thanks again for your valuable healing information.

:circle-of-love:

If you can get liquid sunflower lecithin, I'd go with that. Otherwise, sacrifice the caps and squeeze a few in there. Take a guess at the amount. I'm sure we overcompensate on our formula. Using the lecithin in the capsule oil encapsulates the cannabinoids, gaining great ground in bioavailability.

Back
Top Bottom