Asking for guidance in buying RSO at dispensaries

Condition 1

Hi all, this is condition 1's wife asking for all your help and guidance in buying RSO at the dispensaries. My husband is not able to post much due to his condition. I tried reading at different threads to find some answer, unfortunately English is my secondary language and I am not able to read fast enough on thousands of post, but I will keep on trying though. We are in Oregon right now, still waiting for his medical marijuana card to arrive so we can get the RSO. We are not able to find a doctor that can give us information on what to buy regarding concentration, strains etc.. I am very new to cannabis and I have zero knowledge. I am trying to learn on the dosing by reading the tacking method, but before I can start dosing him I have to get the right RSO first. My husband is getting worst and worst everyday from his lymphoma. He has an aggressive cancer and right now we are not able to do anything. :-( Please, to all of the wonderful, helpful people out there, I really really need your guidance in getting the correct medicine for him. I greatly appreciate all of your information. I thank you all for your kindness.

Cathy

Hi Everyone, we are really really needing help here. All the dispensaries are telling us that getting anything close to real Rick Simpson Oil is probably not going to happen. When you have a few weeks left to live you don't have the luxury of time to move here as in buy a place that you can grow your own plants and produce your own Oil.

We are living in a semi-finished basement in Portland and we will have to head back to New Hampshire because we can't get the help we need here. I guess when you have a month or less to live, trying to get a cure just isn't possible.

Sorry you guys having such a rough go. I know nothing on the subject unfortunately, quick web search for "RSO Oregon" popped up this:

Strong Medicine - Marijuana Dispensary | Portland Oregon | OMMP Resource Center

In their contact us section there is a phone number, maybe call them if you haven't already and see if they are any help. Could be due to Oregon changing their regulations every other freaking day too, maybe they required things than making it complicated for folks to make concentrates. Sorry I can't be more help, that's a bummer.

Rough enough that we've given up. I spoke with more than a few dispensaries and they claim RSO is a niche oil and that the demand is there when it's made, which isn't often. It sells very quickly. It looks like many dispensaries are going recreational. Also it seems most so called RSO Oils are not classified by strain. It's a lot of hybrid stuff or Sativa. We found that Indica was impossible to get and most places that had it, it was a blend and they didn't know just what was blended into it. All they know is the THC and CBD mixture and that's about it. These new laws are not helping the people who need serious medical help. Also the fact that it all has to be tested has slowed it all down a great deal.

Thanks for your help, I was hoping to survive this cancer but I guess not.

They say there are 3 ways that God can heal you. Instantly Cured, or through doctors and medicine, or to take you home.

Sorry to hear that, hate you ended up on a wild goose chase. Take it Washington and Colorado same idea (or different problems)? But yeah once Govt. gets involved everything almost always gets mucked up. I quit toking for 25 years due to jobs with random drug tests every month and just started again recently with new law and able to buy it legal for Rec., so I don't have any street connections at all anymore or knowledge about all these new concentrates and stuff.

I was going to try to post this last night my time (I'm not in the US) but I was too tired, wasn't thinking straight, and was hoping you could get more local help as I have no idea what the deal is in Portland. Anyway...

Is there a reason you're specifically going for RSO? As far as I can tell recreational cannabis is legal in Portland, the only important difference between a recreational extract and RSO for you is going to be decarboxylation. You can decarboxylate an extract yourself assuming you can keep it at a constant temperature for the right amount of time.

Also, you mentioned tacking. You'll find it difficult to decarboxylate a recreational extract and then be able to tack, however, I would advise against tacking anyway.

If I were you, I'd be looking for a recreational extract with a THC:CBD ratio of around 2:1. The strain isn't so important, but you may like to get a couple of the cheapest extracts you can that will give you a THC:CBD ratio around 2:1. A sativa strain may give you more of an "energetic" feeling while an indica strain may give you more of a "relaxed" feeling. Perhaps one of each would be a good idea to have something during the day and then something to help sleep at night, it's up to you what you want to do.

If you can get a recreational extract then you should add this to a good quality cold-pressed olive oil and decarboxylate it. To do this you'll need to combine the extract with olive oil in a small glass bottle/jar (a large glass bottle/jar will waste more than a small bottle/jar) and heat this in a water bath for about 4 hours. The idea is that you should be able to get a good decarboxylation of the extract at 100 degC or 212 degF for about 4 hours.

The amount of extract and olive oil will be determined by the dose you plan to take. To start with I would try for a 5ml dose = 50mg of extract which means you want to mix 1 gram of extract with 100ml of olive oil. To get them to mix you'll want to put the oil and extract in a small glass bottle/jar with the lid on securely and then use some hot water from the hot water tap to heat it slightly so the oil and extract mix easily.

Once you've decarboxylated the extract you want to take a dose of the decarboxylated extract/olive oil mix about 45 minutes after a meal at least 3 times a day. To start with I would suggest trying just 1ml of this to see how you feel. If you feel fine then the next dose try 2ml, then 3ml, until you feel something. Then continue taking that much for a few days before increasing it further. I don't know exactly how much you want to be getting in total, but for now just try and get as much as you comfortably can. If you find you can take more than 5ml then make the next batch stronger by adding more extract to the same amount of olive oil.

So in summary:

1) A recreational extract or recreational extracts that give you a THC:CBD ratio around 2:1.
2) Mix 1 gram total extracts with 100ml of a good quality cold-pressed olive oil in a small glass bottle/jar and use some hot water from the hot water tap to help these combine.
3) Decarboxylate in a boiling water bath for about 4 hours.
4) Take doses about 45 minutes after a meal starting with 1ml and increasing it by 1ml until you feel something. Take doses at least 3 times a day, more frequently would be better.
5) Increase you dose as quickly as you can as long as you can tolerate the side effects.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a recreational extract will most likely be high in THCa and CBDa as opposed to THC and CBD. You want extracts which have the most THC/THCa and the most CBD/CBDa in an approximate ratio of 2:1.

Thanks, I have zero way to decarboxylate what is sold here. Most of the strains that they do bother to tell you what it is are all sativa which would not work out so well for me. I am literally on my last legs trying to buy RSO oil at a dispensary that is at least 70% THC that comes from Indica or Indica dominant strains. There just isn't any and I spent 2 days on the phone and a lot of time on Leafly looking it all up. There could be other dispensaries that aren't listed in Leafly but My time is really running out. I share this apt with at least 3 other guys. All of whom would not want me brewing up anything because they'd lose their jobs. They are all drug tested like every 2 weeks.
So I can get Medical but only Sativa or a sativa blend. The last thing I need is for my mind to be at Warp 9 and my body to be parked on the couch. My wife was the one interested in tacking, Rick Simpson says just swallow it and eventually you'll build up a tolerance to it.

We are pretty much done packing and will be leaving in the AM.

I do appreciate your advice as well as urbanmonk's help. We all have to die sometime. When I get back to my place in New Hampshire I will probably commit suicide via Blueberry muffin and orange juice. :)
My tumor bleeds when any sugar enters my body but I am so tired of the bland food that I have to eat daily. I am going out of my mind wanting something other than water and plain eggs or boiled chicken.

I want to have a nice thick Banana shake or some chilli dogs or pizza.

It's funny how you think when you are run right down to the end. Cancer is evil and I can only imagine what it will be like for those Big Pharma guys to stand before God and explain why they didn't make a cure for millions of people because it wasn't profitable.

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all your help

Steve & Cathy

Well, if you haven't given in to your sugar cravings yet, I just found out about this a few hours ago.

I've only just started looking in to it to see if there's any merit, so I really don't know anything about it. However, that page looks like it's pretty comprehensive except for where to get it from. You could try some chemical suppliers in your area and see if any of them have pharmaceutical grade sodium dichloroacetate. Perhaps you can contact some of the people in the video(s) and see if they can help you get it.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom