Oil Effects Inconsistent

chadillac5580

First I'd like to say hello and thank you for this forum. Such a substantial amount of information here! I'm new to oil and have been taking RSO for three weeks. I purchased it from a local collective here in SoCal. I take a rice grain size orally every night by swallowing it (although after reading through 47 pages of Sweet Sue's thread I may choose a different delivery method). I've noticed that sometimes I get high, sometimes just a slight head change and other times I feel no effects at all. I've been browsing the forum for a similar thread but didn't see one so I thought to post it here. Is it possible for the oil to have spots with more THC?

Thanks so much!

The oil should be consistent throughout. Its possible that you are seeing differences because of whats in your system when you take it. What you have recently eaten will change how much gets absorbed for example.

May I suggest you try rubbing the oil on your gums and/or put it under your tongue. That should help with consistency of results. I'd start with a half grain though and see how you react.

Please report back if this helps or not.

Welcome to 420magazine ... there are lots of folks who will help you here. :welcome:

It works inconsistently for me, as well - both the hemp and the cannabis.

I think it's me and my system, as well (as Oldbear says) what you're eating, etc.

The oil should be consistent throughout. Its possible that you are seeing differences because of whats in your system when you take it. What you have recently eaten will change how much gets absorbed for example.

May I suggest you try rubbing the oil on your gums and/or put it under your tongue. That should help with consistency of results. I'd start with a half grain though and see how you react.

Please report back if this helps or not.

Welcome to 420magazine ... there are lots of folks who will help you here. :welcome:
Thanks for the reply, Oldbear! I'm curious as to how long I should leave it under my tongue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Regarding time, you just leave it there to melt, some will be absorbed and some will be swallowed.

Dabbing on my gums (both upper and lower in front of my teeth) works well for me. There is less saliva there.

If what you have is thick and sticky, you could try melting some into a carrier oil - coconut, grape seed, olive all work.

Regarding time, you just leave it there to melt, some will be absorbed and some will be swallowed.

Dabbing on my gums (both upper and lower in front of my teeth) works well for me. There is less saliva there.

If what you have is thick and sticky, you could try melting some into a carrier oil - coconut, grape seed, olive all work.
Thanks again! Last night I put a rice grain size under my tongue and just left it there. It's hard to describe the euphoria I felt. Not really a high, but more of an uplifting feeling. Definitely no body high like when I swallow it. I haven't used cannabis recreationaly in about 15 years. I'm taking the "Rick Simpson oil" every night and just started a CBD oil for the morning. I'm trying to reduce the tics and anxiety I have from Tourettes. My wife is also taking it in hopes to help her hypothyroidism.

Thanks again! Last night I put a rice grain size under my tongue and just left it there. It's hard to describe the euphoria I felt. Not really a high, but more of an uplifting feeling. Definitely no body high like when I swallow it. I haven't used cannabis recreationaly in about 15 years. I'm taking the "Rick Simpson oil" every night and just started a CBD oil for the morning. I'm trying to reduce the tics and anxiety I have from Tourettes. My wife is also taking it in hopes to help her hypothyroidism.

When you absorb it through the oral mucosa the cannabinoids go directly to the brain. This has a completely different euphoric effect than THC metabolized by liver enzymes. The more direct route gives the brain the sense of homeostasis, the feeling of well-being. This is particularly beneficial IMO, because it's giving the ECS the roadmap back to this state of balance. You're creating the feeling of health and wholeness you have hopeful anticipation of achieving.

Cannabis helps you reach bliss. Balance. Healing. I'm so pleased you're finding your healing path.

Try sticking with the tacking, make sure you have something oily to eat about 30-45 minutes before your dose and make it a priority to drink more water. Just plain water she says as she slyly reaches for the bottle of water that's been calling her for ten minutes :laughtwo: It can take a bit of trial and error to get the sweet spot located, but you have friends to help you get there.

Thats great news. Best wishes for continued success.

When you absorb it through the oral mucosa the cannabinoids go directly to the brain. This has a completely different euphoric effect than THC metabolized by liver enzymes. The more direct route gives the brain the sense of homeostasis, the feeling of well-being. This is particularly beneficial IMO, because it's giving the ECS the roadmap back to this state of balance. You're creating the feeling of health and wholeness you have hopeful anticipation of achieving.

Cannabis helps you reach bliss. Balance. Healing. I'm so pleased you're finding your healing path.

Try sticking with the tacking, make sure you have something oily to eat about 30-45 minutes before your dose and make it a priority to drink more water. Just plain water she says as she slyly reaches for the bottle of water that's been calling her for ten minutes :laughtwo: It can take a bit of trial and error to get the sweet spot located, but you have friends to help you get there.
SweetSue, have you by chance heard of CCO helping manage hypothyroidism? I've been searching but have had no luck.

SweetSue, have you by chance heard of CCO helping manage hypothyroidism? I've been searching but have had no luck.

It's not something I've come across either Chad, but then I wasn't watching for it either. I'll drop that into my opportunistic brain and stay alert when I go roaming the sites. I'll let you know if I uncover any gems.

You're welcome Chad. The name chose me. I morphed into the persona. :laughtwo: It was this site that caused that evolution. This is the most amazing community. :love:

From a site named Hypothyroid Mom:

Reports haven’t yet conclusively found any connection between cannabis and healing thyroid problems, but many have found that cannabis can alleviate many of the symptoms associated with thyroid disorders, including digestive problems, mood problems, sleep problems and more. There’s quite a bit of emerging research on the role of cannabinoids in the regulation of energy balance in many different endocrine systems that could prove very helpful for thyroid conditions.

This site was loaded with lots of additional information on thyroid disease. She lost her fetus to her own disease, and that tends to send parents into overdrive, to keep someone else from suffering that same fate.

Apparently, the balance of THC to CBD is of primary importance here. I'm finding that for many concerns something that has a balanced ratio is having the greatest effects. Interestingly, I've learned that in the wild, cannabis naturally grows with a balanced ratio of these two major components. We can learn something there, I think.

You might want to try that ratio. Do you grow your own Chad? There are some good CBD autos on the market now that'll give you a decent harvest in just over two months time.

If I were going to swing the ratios I'd personally shoot for increasing the CBD first. The concern with THC is that too much can negatively impact hormonal balances, but none of this has been proven in a lab setting. We're going to be lab rats for a few more years. Thank goodness our lab food is so harmless. :laughtwo:

I'll still keep my ear to the ground. I just stumbled upon this in my wanderings.

My Initial Battle with Hyper and Hypothyroidism
By VladC March 30, 2016

Cannabis can be used to also treat a wide variety of ailments and diseases such as Hyperthyroidism. I had Hyperthyroidism from elementary school on into high school and college. I tried everything, the doctors used Radioactive Iodine in order to kill off my thyroid because it was producing too much hormone and essentially killing me.

This treatment definitely cured my hyperthyroidism, by destroying my thyroid cells and forcing my body in a perpetual state of hypothyroidism. They prescribed me Synthroid after two hefty doses of Radioactive Iodine and also informed me that this would be my life until I died. They explained to me how Synthroid was created and how it helped my body, of course, I believed every word they said.

That was until I started having very negative side effects from the Synthroid. Mood swings, Depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts were getting in the way of my recovery from the medicine and from the damage my thyroid had done. After a couple years of taking this medicine, I abandoned it and turned to more “Herbal” type medicines.

Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism treatment

I had never used Cannabis prior to me getting sick, I had never even been offered Marijuana in my school days but here I was 18 years old fresh out of high school, sick with no cure to my problem in sight. My wife was the first one to ask if I wanted to try Cannabis. I reluctantly obliged and we ended up moving out to the west, specifically Colorado due to their new Medical Cannabis laws geared towards patients in my shoes. Here I could safely start my medical marijuana for hypothyroidism treatment.

I used Cannabis soda, Cannabis breath mints, Cannabis candy, smokable cannabis, soothing bath bombs made from cannabis, and even lotions, tinctures, and creams. After using Cannabis for five years straight in any form that I could find it in, my symptoms started to get less and less noticeable. Until one day on a routine check up of my thyroid let me know that Cannabis had cured my Thyroid problems. For me, using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism was the ultimate answer.

The doctor drew my blood, and when the results came back that all my levels were normal, he asked me what I was doing. I told him, while smiling ear to ear, Cannabis sir. His mouth hit the floor. Him nor any other doctor could believe it until they saw the lab results. I am a living testament to using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism, but also to how cannabis can heal and protect your body in many many ways. I now continue to use cannabis on a day to day basis for many other ailments other than my thyroid issues ( which are completely gone now), I smoke cannabis, I eat cannabis, and I vaporize cannabis every single day. Cannabis saved my life.

(C) Read more at Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism | TryHealthier .

* * * * *​

You're welcome Chad. :hug: :love:

I mix a 10:1 ratio of Olive oil to Hash Oil in a #4 gelcap for my daily Chron's treatment. I have 2 variants for oral consumption.
A daytime formula. 10:1 olive oil:CBD Hash Oil (Dutch Flyer Ruderalis CBD 5.5%) this does not get me high and allows me to keep a level head during the day.
And...
10:1 ratio Olive Oil:Black Indica 18% THC. This is the night time formula that I take 2 hours before bed.
The Black Indica wasn't my first choice for THC HO but it's what I had left. The Strawberry Kush from Bergman (started a crop today) is perfect for night time relief as it makes you very happy (giggles, bursts of laughter) followed by extremely sleepy.

Hopefully you'll hit on that one strain combination that does it for you. Best to grow a variety and experiment.
420-magazine-mobile937582858.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My Initial Battle with Hyper and Hypothyroidism
By VladC March 30, 2016

Cannabis can be used to also treat a wide variety of ailments and diseases such as Hyperthyroidism. I had Hyperthyroidism from elementary school on into high school and college. I tried everything, the doctors used Radioactive Iodine in order to kill off my thyroid because it was producing too much hormone and essentially killing me.

This treatment definitely cured my hyperthyroidism, by destroying my thyroid cells and forcing my body in a perpetual state of hypothyroidism. They prescribed me Synthroid after two hefty doses of Radioactive Iodine and also informed me that this would be my life until I died. They explained to me how Synthroid was created and how it helped my body, of course, I believed every word they said.

That was until I started having very negative side effects from the Synthroid. Mood swings, Depression, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts were getting in the way of my recovery from the medicine and from the damage my thyroid had done. After a couple years of taking this medicine, I abandoned it and turned to more "Herbal" type medicines.

Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism treatment

I had never used Cannabis prior to me getting sick, I had never even been offered Marijuana in my school days but here I was 18 years old fresh out of high school, sick with no cure to my problem in sight. My wife was the first one to ask if I wanted to try Cannabis. I reluctantly obliged and we ended up moving out to the west, specifically Colorado due to their new Medical Cannabis laws geared towards patients in my shoes. Here I could safely start my medical marijuana for hypothyroidism treatment.

I used Cannabis soda, Cannabis breath mints, Cannabis candy, smokable cannabis, soothing bath bombs made from cannabis, and even lotions, tinctures, and creams. After using Cannabis for five years straight in any form that I could find it in, my symptoms started to get less and less noticeable. Until one day on a routine check up of my thyroid let me know that Cannabis had cured my Thyroid problems. For me, using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism was the ultimate answer.

The doctor drew my blood, and when the results came back that all my levels were normal, he asked me what I was doing. I told him, while smiling ear to ear, Cannabis sir. His mouth hit the floor. Him nor any other doctor could believe it until they saw the lab results. I am a living testament to using medical marijuana for hypothyroidism, but also to how cannabis can heal and protect your body in many many ways. I now continue to use cannabis on a day to day basis for many other ailments other than my thyroid issues ( which are completely gone now), I smoke cannabis, I eat cannabis, and I vaporize cannabis every single day. Cannabis saved my life.

(C) Read more at Medical Marijuana for Hypothyroidism | TryHealthier .

* * * * *​

You're welcome Chad. :hug: :love:
Sue, you're an angel! Thank you so much!

Sue, you're an angel! Thank you so much!

You're welcome. I'm going to have the mods see where this sweet article can be shared more openly.

:party: Happy New Year ShiggityFlip has a party going on around here somewhere. I need to swing by there. Have a good time ringing in the New Year Chad. It's gonna be wonderful. :slide:

The last few nights I've been tacking and putting some under my tongue. I miss the high as it helps me relax. Last night I put a 1.5 rice grain sized dose under my tongue and on my gums, waiting 3 hours and didn't feel a thing.

The last few nights I've been tacking and putting some under my tongue. I miss the high as it helps me relax. Last night I put a 1.5 rice grain sized dose under my tongue and on my gums, waiting 3 hours and didn't feel a thing.

Do you know the component ratios in this oil you're using? Did you purchase it, or make it yourself? If it's a balanced ratio you're not going to get much, if any euphoria. What else do you have access to that will give you some euphoria?

Do you know the component ratios in this oil you're using? Did you purchase it, or make it yourself? If it's a balanced ratio you're not going to get much, if any euphoria. What else do you have access to that will give you some euphoria?
I purchased it from a local collective. It is 59.63% THC, 1.83% CBD, .36 CBN.

Back
Top Bottom