Perpheal Neuropathy and Trigiminal Neuralgia

Lizabeth

Hello, I'm definitely new to cannibus. I REALLY need any advice you can give
I'm suffering from Neuropathy.
I need relief desperately. What do you suggest. Oil or tincture. I need the strongest most effective.
Also, can anyone explain to me when a botle sayd 20-1.what does this mean? I'm so lost. I read and read and i'm still lost.
I tried Tincture a few years ago but honestly, by the time I was up to 25 drops and no relief, I figured I'd go broke at the rate I was using the drops.
Any help please/
Thank you .

hi lizabeth,
i also have peripheral neuropathy and it sucks, doesnt it? sorry you are suffering. i learned to make 2 things that both help me alot.

first is simple tincture.
i decarb the dried pot then put in quart canning jar filling to about 3/4ths full, cover with vodka at least 80 proof and let steep for 14-30 days.. some people only use Everclear, but use what you can afford no less than 80proof.
i prefer to steep my tinctures for 30 days, but some folks only do it for 2 weeks. leave on counter away from sunlight or heat, shake a couple times a day. put a label with name and date. you can always strain out a part of it and start using it to see if the 2 week steeping is strong enough for you. when ready,. i strain and put in dark glass bottle with dropper. when i strain my batch, i reuse the plant material by tossing it into another jar with other material to try to extract that little bit left over. not much but something.

i take about 1tsp every 4hrs or so. i put it in juice or tea. this has reduced my pain by about 90%. i started off taking a tablespoon several times a day then after a few months was able to reduce the dose to about a tsp. you may need a bit more or less, your body will tell you.
also, i dont take my dose on an empty stomach,
i have been using this tincture for a couple years now with very good pain relief and no buzz or high with this as it is a low dose. i feel like it saved my sanity and gave me my life back.

the second is a new thing i am trying. a cold extraction method making THC-a oil.
i take a quart jar and put the dried pot into it, filling jar about 3/4ths full.
i cover this with a good oil like extra virgin olive oil or hemp seed oil or some GOOD oil--skip canola that is crap oil. fill jat to top, cover and date. let this steep for at least 2 weeks, sitting on counter but out of sunlight or heat. shake every day a couple times. when done, strain and store in dark amber bottle with dropper. dose is different for people.

some chronic pain ppl recommend taking 10ml which is about 2tsp. a couple times a day. i found that too much for me it made my legs turn into noodles for a couple hours. lol

so i take 5-6 Drops about 5 times a day. that is all i need to cut the pain off. again, your may need more. so maybe start at 1/2 tsp see how that works, after an hour if you need more take a bit more. test yourself to find the right dose for you but always start small.

you will save money by buying the dried pot and making you own medicine. it gets expensive i know but in the long run either buy the dried stuff or grow a plant. one plant gives me enough dried material to make a years worth of tincture. so if you can grow one that is at least 10% THC, but if you can find a strain that is 1:1, equal parts THC and CBD that is great. i know none of this is easy.

the 20-1 or 20:1?
if its 20:1 i believe usually refers to ratio of THC to CBD. or did you buy a product that was from a plant that was 20% THC?

taking 25 drops is about 1/4th teaspoon i think, that doesnt seem enough but ive never used a 20:1 ratio if that is what you bought. i have been using an average pot plant that is 10% more or less THC with unknown CBD. just recently started getting into specific strains and ratios to try to improve the pain relief .

if you live in a legal state you can get your material i know it can get expensive if you cant grow a plant, so here are some things i have tried before i could use the cannabis that did give me some relief.

curcumin with piperine good stuff

new zealand sea mussel. this was VERY helpful in reducing pain

take some MSM every day. about 1T in water sip on all day.

kratom powder

i get my best results with the cannabis tincture but the others can help you also if having trouble getting cannabis
any questions let me know.

wish you all the best
jazzy

Another option if you can get the cannabis is to make an infused oil. I have a friend that I am making infused olive oil. She takes 1/4t 3 to 4 times a day and has cut her oxy dose to 1/4. She is hoping to get off it completely, but it hasn't even been a week yet. She says she has less pain now then in years.

It is not difficult to make an infused olive oil. 1/2oz will make you 2c of oil. that is almost 100 teaspoons so at 3/4-1t per day, that is 100 day supply. :circle-of-love::peace:

dave,
so you are making a cold oil infusion with 2 c oil and 1/2 oz dried bud? do you decarb it first or are you doing the THC-a oil? how long do you steep in the oil?

i like learning how ppl are making things
thanks

Hello, I'm definitely new to cannibus. I REALLY need any advice you can give
I'm suffering from Neuropathy.
I need relief desperately. What do you suggest. Oil or tincture. I need the strongest most effective.
Also, can anyone explain to me when a botle sayd 20-1.what does this mean? I'm so lost. I read and read and i'm still lost.
I tried Tincture a few years ago but honestly, by the time I was up to 25 drops and no relief, I figured I'd go broke at the rate I was using the drops.
Any help please/
Thank you .

I have this scourge as well. What type of challenges do you face?

dave,
so you are making a cold oil infusion with 2 c oil and 1/2 oz dried bud? do you decarb it first or are you doing the THC-a oil? how long do you steep in the oil?

i like learning how ppl are making things
thanks

Sorry I missed this. I decarb the bud first @230 for 110 minutes. I do this in an oven roasting bag. Add bud to oil and add 1T sunflower lecithin for each cup of oil. Cook in oven @ 200 for 4 hours. Stain and you are good to go. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom