Help needed please

musiclover

Hi there
I have stumbled across this forum in " googling" since discovering my dad has pulmonary fibrosis.
I have seen many pages indicating that cannabis oil may be helpful is slowing progression and I would love to get some for my Dad.

However it is a minefield. Nowhere says which oil to buy; there seem to be different concentrations ranging from 4% to 40% and the 40% is so expensive I doubt we'll be able to buy much.

I would love some advice as to which oil to use, which concentration and where is a reputable place to buy it from. i don't want to discover I am buying rapeseed oil or something by someone pretending to sell it.
Is it possible to make your own, and if so how.

I would be grateful for any help. I adore my dad and am devastated. I am in the UK and doctors just poopah it here and say they cannot condone it's use.

Many thanks

ML

Hi there
I have stumbled across this forum in " googling" since discovering my dad has pulmonary fibrosis.
I have seen many pages indicating that cannabis oil may be helpful is slowing progression and I would love to get some for my Dad.

However it is a minefield. Nowhere says which oil to buy; there seem to be different concentrations ranging from 4% to 40% and the 40% is so expensive I doubt we'll be able to buy much.

I would love some advice as to which oil to use, which concentration and where is a reputable place to buy it from. i don't want to discover I am buying rapeseed oil or something by someone pretending to sell it.
Is it possible to make your own, and if so how.

I would be grateful for any help. I adore my dad and am devastated. I am in the UK and doctors just poopah it here and say they cannot condone it's use.

Many thanks

ML

Welcome musiclover. So sorry to hear about your dad, but take heart. There are always more options than what we think.

You're in the UK. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Bud Buddies. They're a non-profit that does their best to assist in these cases. They may be able to help you locate a source of oil.

I haven't researched cannabis and Pulmanory fibrosis, but the administration of cannabis is the same, regardless of the malady being treated, start with a sub-therapeutic dose and work up slowly to find the optimal therapeutic dose. Once you locate oil, if you need assistance working out a protocol, feel free to visit us in the Study Hall. There are numerous cannabis warriors who frequent that thread for personalized assistance.

I'd think you could start with an infused oil. That might be the easiest place to begin. It would require you to secure some decent cannabis, but combine that with a good olive oil and some liquid sunflower lecithin and you have a potent medicine that will be much more bioavailable. In other words, combining with a carrier oil and the liquid sunflower lecithin extends the medicine, cutting your costs and reducing the stress that comes with that cost.

This process is what the study hall was designed to do - assist you in making either concentrated cannabis oil and processing that into usable meds or making infused oils for dosing. As to strain or potency, I'd recommend you get a balanced ratio of THC:CBD to begin and then increase each component in balance until you get the results from the THC you require.

I'll do some looking around to see if anyone recommends a particular strain, but that doesn't appear to be as critical as the balancing of the ratios.

We'll do our best to help you find the answers you need. Please, keep asking those questions until you're comfortable with the answers and your understanding of them.

Welcome musiclover. So sorry to hear about your dad, but take heart. There are always more options than what we think.

You're in the UK. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Bud Buddies. They're a non-profit that does their best to assist in these cases. They may be able to help you locate a source of oil.

I haven't researched cannabis and Pulmanory fibrosis, but the administration of cannabis is the same, regardless of the malady being treated, start with a sub-therapeutic dose and work up slowly to find the optimal therapeutic dose. Once you locate oil, if you need assistance working out a protocol, feel free to visit us in the Study Hall. There are numerous cannabis warriors who frequent that thread for personalized assistance.

I'd think you could start with an infused oil. That might be the easiest place to begin. It would require you to secure some decent cannabis, but combine that with a good olive oil and some liquid sunflower lecithin and you have a potent medicine that will be much more bioavailable. In other words, combining with a carrier oil and the liquid sunflower lecithin extends the medicine, cutting your costs and reducing the stress that comes with that cost.

This process is what the study hall was designed to do - assist you in making either concentrated cannabis oil and processing that into usable meds or making infused oils for dosing. As to strain or potency, I'd recommend you get a balanced ratio of THC:CBD to begin and then increase each component in balance until you get the results from the THC you require.

I'll do some looking around to see if anyone recommends a particular strain, but that doesn't appear to be as critical as the balancing of the ratios.

We'll do our best to help you find the answers you need. Please, keep asking those questions until you're comfortable with the answers and your understanding of them.

Hi there Thank you Sue. I dont really understand. I will certainly look for the buddies page, bu what concentration would i need ie some say 4% cbd some 15% etc Also if I buy cannabis on the street my dad will get high wont he and that isnt an option he says. I heard you make the oil with the leaves of the plant not a plug of the stuff. :/ I dont really understand what youre saying I'm afraid,. maybe it seems to clear to you as you know what you're talking about but its all gobbledeegukk to me I am afraid,. I havent a clue! Thanks fornyour kind words and concern and hope to hear back from you. ML x

Hi there Thank you Sue. I dont really understand. I will certainly look for the buddies page, bu what concentration would i need ie some say 4% cbd some 15% etc Also if I buy cannabis on the street my dad will get high wont he and that isnt an option he says. I heard you make the oil with the leaves of the plant not a plug of the stuff. :/ I dont really understand what youre saying I'm afraid,. maybe it seems to clear to you as you know what you're talking about but its all gobbledeegukk to me I am afraid,. I havent a clue! Thanks fornyour kind words and concern and hope to hear back from you. ML x

It's always a bit overwhelming at first ML. You can use the cannabis you buy to make a potent oil that can be put in capsule form and used as suppositories. Properly administered this is a very effective way to get cannabinoids in without the intense high you get from edibles. That's what we tackle in the Cannabis Oil Study Hall.

You can also slowly build up his tolerance levels and space out edibles in smaller, more frequent doses so that euphoria isn't such a concern. Clinical evidence is showing us that in almost every case you want to begin with a balanced ratio, as close to a 1:1 CBD:THC as you can find. The THC is going to do the most to reduce immediate pain and discomfort, but as you increase THC levels try to stay close to that 1:1 ratio.

In the wild, cannabis used to grow with a close 1:1 ratio. Prohibition made the high more desirable, so breeders changed the landscape. Now we're all busily trying to re-establish balance. The benefit here was that we're going to end up with some strains that are marvelous therapeutic tools with super high levels of each that can be combined. For now we're left scrambling to find that balance on our own.

The concentrated oil is made from flowers. Infused oils are the same when you're making serious meds, but with infused oils you can play more with other plant parts for a wider cannabinoid profile. Each part of the plant has slightly different cannabinoids being created.

OK Thank you. My mum has said she doesn't want us making it in case we do it wrong! Fair point! I googled the buddies and they have a facebook page so have subscribed to that and will take some time on there to read posts etc. Thanks so much for the heads up. The internet is amazing. I thought there would be SOMEWHERE in the UK I could turn to! Hoping there will be somewhere I can by it from too. It appears to be the cannabis oil made from the flower that is good for the fibrosis and has no THCs in it, which is what I am looking for but as i said they have different concentrations. So are you saying if I buy basic cannabis oil or capsules, they would be beneficial also? Hopefully I may find some more info on that and if anyone reading this has anything to report on using it for PF I'd be grateful. Thank you so much for your time Sue it is much appreciated .

Back
Top Bottom