Noob In Need Of Help

Hello! I am new to this page and to cannabis oil. I got my hands on ORGANAKOIL by YAK Edibles. It's supposed to be identical to RSO. I wanted to use it for anxiety/depression (to get off my current pills) and to help me fall asleep (again, to get of pills). I was advised by a friend to use about a grain of rice sized amount to get some sleep. My wife and I both tried it and it was TERRIBLE. We were stoned out of our gourds. My wife spent the night having massive panic attacks and I was just too gone to sleep. Plus, I needed to be there for her. Needless to say, I'm a bit afraid to try it again! What did I do wrong? Am I using the wrong product? I don't want to get high anymore. Those days are behind me! I don't mind the "relaxed" feeling that would come with it as I'm sure that would help me sleep. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi 2350 welcome to 420Mag

You guys did nothing wrong. What you describe is from taking too much of a concentrated solution relative to what your systems are comfortable with. Depending on what the cannabinoid concentration is in that product a grain of rice size could be too much for lots of people.

There are a few ways to reduce the concentration to get a more comfortable experience.

Put that grain of rice size concentrate on a spoon. Then:

1) Use a toothpick or similar to pic up a tiny tiny amount of it and take that. Easy to do visually to get a certain % of it so you can repeat it.

or

2) add a volume of any edible oil (olive, flax, coconut, grapeseed, hemp etc) equal to say 10 times the grain of rice size. Stir it together and then use your toothpick to pick up a little blob of that.

Keep track of the amount you are taking and the results for future reference.

Wait an hour or more before you take any more.

BTW the grain of rice size dose is very common starting point. It was just too much for you guys at this time with that concentrate. Keep it in the fridge in its original state until you find your comfort zone. It could be different for you vs her.

Good luck and please share what happens.

Forgot to ask - how are you taking it? If its smoke or vape, dont add edible oil.

Oldbear. THANK YOU. I will try a tiny amount tonight. To answer your question, it's an oil that comes out of a syringe. I didn't know I'd lost my MJ mojo so much!

I looked it up on the inter web. Its a high thc sativa but they dont publish the concentration. An alcohol based extraction.

A common mantra these days for concentrates is 'start low go slow'. I say start very low especially after a poor experience.

Your system is very good at telling you its overloaded.

There is a third option. Instead of a rice size line, just put a single tiny drop on the spoon, and use your toothpick dabber to pick up a percentage of that.

Rubbing it on your gums or letting it rest under your tongue will get you better absorption than just a swallow. Last point is that an indica based concentrate with 50/50 thc:cbd ratio is a good choice for rest, relaxation and sleep.

Hope it all goes well for you guys.

that is liked saying your gas tank is full +/- a few gallons, does not make for good initial dosing. Oldbear speaks wisely,

send him all of your $$ and your first born.

@ Oldbear. I tried to upload a pic of the packaging but couldn't get it to work. There is no thc:cbd breakdown printed anywhere.

2350, in all likelihood, that cannabinoid count is for THC. That was a mighty potent hit to take, and I'm glad you're both alright. We can certainly understand your anxiety over starting again, but Oldbear gave you excellent instructions.

We have a process we call BioBombs whereby we take the CCO (the concentrated cannabis oil in your syringe) and combine it with a carrier oil and liquid sunflower lecithin for filling capsules. This helps stretch the CCO by making it more bioavailable to you.

I also want to caution you that some people with anxiety react poorly to the terpenes normally found in sativas. It tends to make them more wired up than they when they were looking for relaxation. When you start micro dosing you find out if that's the case for you.

Start very small and wait an hour to two hours before you decide you need to take more. Through the gut it can take up to two hours for you to feel the true effects. I'm assuming you're not interested in extreme euphoria? By starting at a sub-therapeutic dose and working the dose up slowly you'll find the point where your system is responding happily to the cannabinoid load. That sweet spot is different for everyone.

I didn't see..... How are you using the oil? What method of administration are you choosing? For sleep purposes it's recommended you try an edible about 30 minutes to an hour before bed. Tacking or sublingual becomes an edible when you swallow. The trick to absorbtion in the mouth is to keep from swallowing the saliva as long as possible. If you can keep from swallowing you can hold off euphoria and simply have a sense of wellbeing. Everyone swallows some. Many spit into a cup to keep from swallowing. If euphoria isn't a concern, hold it as long as possible and then swallow.

The oil has the potential to offer you relief from all those concerns you listed. We can help you become more adept at dosing.

Thank you SweetSue! I will try a tiny amount under my tongue or rub it on my gums. With the info you gave me it looks like I'll be spitting it out. I got more than my fair share of being baked when I was younger! If spitting it out after a bit of holding in my mouth will keep me from having anxiety AND help me fall asleep without pills, then that's what I'll do. Very very helpful info! As well as Oldbear.

if you are able, start tapering off on the alcohol. no preacher here & no laying on guilt trips, dope+alcohol=wtf am I doing?? gets to a
point where the alcohol diminishes the "good" benefits of dope and you just want the dope.

Agreed handjive and Oldbear. I will not be drinking when I do this. I need to cut back anyway. It's not making me any skinnier.

and when you get to wtf I don't need that shit if I am doing the right stuff you will be much more at peace with all. it's ok, no big changes
baby steps work for babies, why can't it work for us?? probably cause we are so fucking smart.

Hello! I am new to this page and to cannabis oil. I got my hands on ORGANAKOIL by YAK Edibles. It's supposed to be identical to RSO. I wanted to use it for anxiety/depression (to get off my current pills) and to help me fall asleep (again, to get of pills). I was advised by a friend to use about a grain of rice sized amount to get some sleep. My wife and I both tried it and it was TERRIBLE. We were stoned out of our gourds. My wife spent the night having massive panic attacks and I was just too gone to sleep. Plus, I needed to be there for her. Needless to say, I'm a bit afraid to try it again! What did I do wrong? Am I using the wrong product? I don't want to get high anymore. Those days are behind me! I don't mind the "relaxed" feeling that would come with it as I'm sure that would help me sleep. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Yak edibles used to be a company that sold edibles here in the San Diego region, and their edibles were nothing to play with. One of their old cookies called the greenie used to have over 3,500-6,000mg in a single cookie. My friends and I used to eat them back around 2011 before all the restrictions to get absolutely floored. One time my buddy and I ate one whole cookie each and literally starting tripping and seeing colors everywhere, everything seemed to have a blue hue to it, and I used to always pass out before really feeling it because the indica ones used to be so strong I couldn't force myself to stay awake no matter how hard I tried, and we used to always be high 1-2 days after ingesting one cookie. If this RSO is anything like their old products, I could totally understand what you and your wife felt that night. Ive been looking for these guys for years now, and I can't find anything related to yak edibles anymore other that this organaks company. I miss greenies.... Best edibles ever known to man, and anyone who remembers would totally agree.

There are many great product in this link Buy Cannabis Online | Find High Quality Products and they will also explain all the things about their products depending on your preferences. they are very welcoming and they also have this discount just type "coupon30" for a 30% off. I hope this helps!
I have personally used @Iced Out Genetics to try some Chocolate Thai because I’m growing it and even though it wasn’t what I’d hoped for (hoped it was like Thai Stick) it was still very good bud. It also came discreetly packaged and vacuum sealed. Happy growing/ smoking. CL🍀 :passitleft: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom