BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

IMG_049741.JPG

Of great importance.....

panacea is one of my most respected member resources for producing and administering BioBombs. He worked more closely with CajunCelt before his passing, and I've always had the sense that he understood the basic concepts much more than I from the beginning. His practical experience eclipses mine for sure, and he has some relevant points to be made about this technology.

"10-1 will put ya on your ass, it is roughly 100mg of cannabinoids. You will be alright 10-1 for suppositories , that is what i make mine. For Oral Bio-Bombs i start off at 150-1, i found the sweet spot that everyone prefers is 100-1. but hey each for their own, you know better then anyone your tolerance.:peace:

Sorry , when i said 100mgs , that is when using "00" capsule size , half of that with "0" caps."

Biobombs were developed primarily for use as suppositories, bypassing the overwhelming euphoria that would present with oral doses this high. If using orally be cautious about ratios.

Returning you to the original post :battingeyelashes:

In the Cannabis Oil Study Hall we've been playing with a formulation for capsules we call BioBombs. Our intent is to develop formulation guidelines for using concentrated cannabis oil (CCO) to its greatest effect. In 2014 CajunCelt stared his A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer thread and introduced us to the concept of bioavailability. He gave us the initial recipe for what we've come to call the BioBombs. Thank you for that mon ami. :hug::love:

Cajun's original recipe: "A warning is that the THC will hit immediately & at full force so dosing is key."

Dilute 1g of CO (cannabis oil) with 20g of non lignan flaxseed oil. Mix that with 3 more full tbs of the flaxseed oil & 1 tbs of liquid lecithin.
Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Insert the mix in to the size 00 capsules.

(Patient) ingests 1 cap, try 6x daily for full & constant pressure on the tumors.

When the doors of the cannabis oil study hall opened in April of last year we went at the job of refining that recipe in ernest.

We've developed what we feel is a good formulation for creating a supply of capsules in increasing potency. The idea with cannabinoid therapies is always to begin at a sub-therapeutic level and gently titrate the dose upwards, paying close attention to the patient's response to the major cannabinoids. The formulations we've worked out will allow you to start at a ratio of 20 parts carrier oil to 1 part CCO and work your way up to full strength doses, if that's where you need to be.

It's time to present this technology in its own thread. It's getting buried in the brainstorming pages of the study hall where we search for more ways to improve the potency and administration of medicinal cannabis. This is still a work in progress, but now we have a central place dedicated to what comes from here on out.

Backup resources for further clarification and education include:

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

Let's get to it.

You will need

- CCO (concentrated cannabis oil)
- Carrier oil
- Liquid Sunflower Lecithin
- Size 00 Gelatin Capsules (be certain they will hold oil)
- Capsule-making Machine or Jig
- Pipettes or Syringes (for filling capsules)
- Storage Jars (store in glass, in the fridge)

Here's what I typically keep on hand.

image19537.jpeg

Now let's take a closer look at the list.

- Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO): This process is intended for CCO, and really doesn't work with infused oils, which are a dynamic healing force all their own. I encourage you to explore infused oils for all treatments. Here we'll be using CCO. These days, if you're lucky enough to live in a state that allows you access you can purchase from a dispensary, or, if you're really blessed by the canna gods, have someone grow and produce just for you. Barring that we advise you grow your own cannabis and make your own oil. This isn't rocket science, and a batch can be safely produced in your kitchen.

If you're using volatile solvents proceed with extreme caution. CCO can be produced safely at home, with the proper attention to ventilation and safety concerns.

The choice of strains or oil will depend on personal preference, disease you're treating, and the demands on the patient's time (needing to be awake for work or avoiding extreme euphoria for social responsibilities). Many find a sativa-dominant strain best for daytime, with the anticipated uplifting of the spirits and cerebral euphoria and an indica for evening through night, hoping for the body buzz and relaxation that come with indicas.

There's much learning to be done on the actions of the terpenes, and if you're lucky enough to have access to live resin, grab it. The making of CCO at home typically destroys many of the terpenes, which is unfortunate since the terpenes are akin to the steering column where the cannabinoids are the wheels. You'd like to have better control of the wheels, wouldn't you? Thankfully, cannabis is a powerhouse of cannabinoids, and what you'll get in properly processed homemade oil will definitely get you on a natural healing path.

Choose your oil with your patient's lifestyle in mind. The best advice I can give you on strain choice beyond the choice of the right strain for the right time of the day is to let your nose guide you. Once you've determined the ratio of THC:CBD you'll be using and have a selection of strains to choose from, if it's possible, smell them. Your olfactory system is an integral part of the system that will be healing you. Letting your cells guide your choice is a good idea, and almost always works out to the patient's benefit. Your body knows what it needs and it'll tell you, if you listen.

When you find the terpene profile that works for you make note of it and seek out other strains with that profile. Variety will keep tolerance levels in control. It's worth mentioning that some of the most therapeutic oils are made from a combination of strains. In this case you combine the plant material and process into a singular oil for the best entourage effect - that synergistic dance between cannabinoids and other components the plant creates in its healing oil that potentiates the whole way beyond what the components could accomplish on their own.

Kinda like what we do here.

- Carrier Oil: The most commonly used oils are extra-virgin olive oil and coconut oil. I always go for the organic coconut oil, when I can. It just makes more sense to me that medicine be made with organic materials. Don't feel you have to be limited to these two choices. There's a wealth of oils out there with medicinal value in their own right.

Olive oil is what we recommend for just about everything except liver cancer and recreational use. As a long-chained fatty acid it gets absorbed into the lymphatic system before it would have hit the liver and had to run the gauntlet through the enzymes hell-bent on metabolizing the cannabinoids bound to the oil. By entering the system early it buys the cannabinoids time to locate and attach to receptors of cells that need signal modification. Eventually it will get to the liver, but we have ways to get the cannabinoids through as unmolested as possible that time by using methods of competitive inhibition. More on that later.

Coconut oil is the choice if you're treating liver cancer or using the BioBombs recreationally. It's a medium-chained fatty acid, and will be sent straight to the liver, which in the case of liver cancer is precisely where we want the cannabinoids. Competitive inhibition becomes more important in this case, because you want more THC available to attach to the tumor cells in the liver and the enzymes are gonna be all over them if you don't.

A caution about flaxseed oil, an excellent choice of a long-chained fatty acid. If you're treating estrogen positive breast cancer you want to avoid flaxseed oil. It contains an estrogen-like component that will cause grief by encouraging the growth of these types of tumor cells. For this reason, when we help a patient with breast cancer of any kind we tend to shy away from flaxseed. Beyond that caution, flaxseed oil is an excellent long-chained fatty acid that has great medicinal value.

Store cooked oils in the refrigerator to keep it from going rancid. Your capsules will keep better in the refrigerator as well. At room temperature mine tend to seep.

Liquid Sunflower Lecithin:

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components.

I follow a standard of one tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin for every cup or less of oil I'm using. Obviously, if I'm making a tiny batch of less than a half cup of oil I'll cut that volume down, but lecithin is found in such quantity in the human brain that I don't think you can get enough of it. The only reason we modified this recipe to include less lecithin was to get in more cannabinoids.

The lecithin is used to encapsulate the cannabinoids that are bonded to the molecules of carrier oil and more efficiently get them into the system. We believe it's the addition of the lecithin that makes these capsules hit faster than standard capsules without. There's no denying our capsules take effect much faster. Mine hit within 10 minutes of ingesting. That warning Cajun gave us about potency of effect should be believed.

When the oils and lecithin are combined and fully mixed you'll be keeping the mix in the refrigerator for a full 24 hours to give the lecithin time to do its magic. This mix is notorious for separating, and we recommend that you mix it again very thoroughly before you fill the capsules. Kingston Rabbi has developed the habit of bringing it back to room temperature, stirring and stirring and stirring to get it fully mixed, and then giving it another 24 hours of refrigeration before attempting to fill capsules. This sounds like a sound approach to me, I'm going to start doing the same thing and I'd recommend you follow suit.

Size 00 Gelatin Capsules: Make certain that the capsules you buy are rated to hold oils. Imagine the frustration of finding out too late that you made that critical mistake.

The size 00 will hold 0.9 ml of oil, or slightly more if you fill to the top. If you look closely at the capsules you'll notice a line at the top of the larger chamber that shows you where to stop. We feel this gives you close enough to 1 ml of medicine to call it such, but the reality is you'll get a couple more capsules out of your batch. This small variation is nothing to be concerned with therapeutically. You're going to get a good supply of cannabinoids in each capsule sufficient to meet your needs. Clinical experience is beginning to show that most disease is controlled or overcome with much less cannabis than we imagined. The idea is to gently encourage the ECS back into top form, not beat it into submission with a cannabinoid hammer.

Capsule-making Machine: There are any number of jigs available on the market. In a pinch you could make one of your own with a piece of wood and a drill. It's nearly impossible to fill a quantity of capsules by hand without wanting to jump out a window. :laughtwo: Do yourself a favor and invest in a jig. Your life will be so much easier.

Pipettes: I buy 3 ml size, but they came in larger sizes. Some of the oilers use syringes, some very large, and if you're doing a large batch, this is something to consider. I make small batches to have a two week supply on hand for me and my patients, so these work for me. In a pinch an eye dropper will work too. One of the advantages of using the disposable pipettes is their disposability. Oil can be messy and pipettes make cleanup a breeze.

Storage Jars: It's preferred to store in glass jars. This may be unnecessary and is probably born out of the habit of using canning jars to store the trichome-laden buds. Glass is easier to clean than plastic, and that's enough reason for me. You make your own determination. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Process

I'll be using the 5:1 mix for the example. This formula can be multiplied to include whatever volume of CCO you have to work with. These pictures were taken of an original recipe batch that called for more additional carrier oil and lecithin than we now use, but the process is the same. I'll be talking about current volumes, so don't let the pictures confuse you. I felt it was more important to get the information out there for you to use than to have more current pictures. Making CCO isn't an everyday event in this household. Those of you who've made it can appreciate the resource cost of producing this life-changing medication.

1 gram of CCO added to 4 ml of carrier oil. Set the dish in a hot water bath, just at boiling. Turn the fire off when the water gets to boiling.

image14741.jpeg

When the CCO begins to melt into the carrier oil you can begin to stir. Get it completely mixed together before you move to the next step.

image14742.jpeg

I use the end of my teaspoon to stir. It's stainless, has a small but effective surface area and does the job for me.

image14743.jpeg

Add 1 ml of liquid sunflower lecithin.

image14744.jpeg

Stir together until it's all thoroughly mixed. When you think it's mixed enough let it sit for a few seconds to see if anything's trying to separate out. If so, keep mixing.

image14745.jpeg

Seal the mixture securely and refrigerate for 24 hours. This bonds the components together in a way that won't happen without the chill. In a pinch you can get away with a minimum of six hours, but the longer you give it the more encapsulated the cannabinoids become.

image14746.jpeg

After 24 hours remove from the refrigerator and let it slowly come to room temperature. Stir thoroughly to be sure the components are homogeneous. This is the point where it's now recommended you toss it back in for another 24-hour stint in the refrigerator. When you're finished chilling it, slowly bring it back to room temperature. If you're using coconut oil this will likely require a hot water bath. Give it time and remember to stir before and during the capsule- filling process.

Check to be sure it's all well mixed and fill the 00 capsules. This size capsule can also be used as a suppository.

Competitive Inhibition

The cannabinoids we bond to long-chained fatty acids will be absorbed into the system without the First Pass through the liver and the resident enzymes that are produced to metabolize the cannabinoids, but eventually everything gets to the liver. Every cannabinoid metabolized in the liver loses the medicinal values we seek when we introduce them into our bodies.

It's imperative to practice some sort of competitive inhibition when dosing with cannabinoids. What this means is getting some action in the liver to distract the enzymes before the cannabinoids arrive. Turns out the same enzymes that metabolize cannabinoids also metabolize apigenin and amentoflavone. If you take these supplements about 30-45 minutes before your cannabinoid dose those enzymes will be so overwhelmed by the numbers that more cannabinoids can squeak through into the bloodstream to roam and find cells needing their signaling. Here a link to a writeup on competitive inhibition. Bioavailability

Kingston Rabbi has discovered that one should take a minimum of two apigenin with each dose, starting with the lowest dose and continuing throughout the regimen. In his post lower on this page he goes into greater detail about his personal approach to competitive inhibition. He's the one who used this protocol of Cajun's to heal himself, so I'd take his advice. We're all lab rats in this healing experience, so any data any of you can share as you utilize this information will be greatly appreciated. Our governments certainly aren't going to be helping us any time soon.

If you're using this medication to treat cancer we invite you to join us in CajunCelt's room. The members that watch over his dream while he builds his clinic practice are adept at helping you overcome the confusion and frustration of learning to use cannabis to reclaim a body wracked with tumors. Our Study Hall is a good place to drill us with questions on just about anything else.

This is a work in progress, as are all cannabinoid therapies in our modern cannabis world. We still have to work out particulars on making coco butter suppositories, a future project. I welcome any and all input. The world is cannabinoid deficient. Now we have an easy method to rectify that.

The Formulations

This is a basic formulation. If need be the concentration of cannabinoids can be further reduced, if that's what you need we can assist you in making calculations. These are the three most commonly used mixes.

20:1 = 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules = 47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1 = 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules = 91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1 = 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules = 167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

think our ex-president should give back his Nobel peace prize & give it to you.

Well that made me laugh heartily. :rofl: He disappointed me by refusing to take the hit. He'd initially have been vilified by the conservative right, until they started reaping the health benefits of cannabis as a nutrient, and the tune would have dramatically changed. In the end he'd have gone down in history loved by the masses, liberal and conservative. I held onto my optimistic hope that he'd decide to not be concerned about what others would say. He passed up a stellar opportunity to make a profoundly positive impact on world health and economy.

Excellent write up on the process!

Just a couple things to add:

I encourage people NOT to use flax seed oil as the carrier oil. It is just too difficult to get it to stay mixed with the lecithin. I'm making a batch with it now and after 4 days of mixing and chilling it still separates in the refrigerator overnight. It's a little less separation each time so I am making progress, but I never have this much trouble with olive oil. Besides not fully encapsulating the CCO another risk is that capsules will have uneven strength if oils aren't completely mixed.

For competitive inhibition 2 apigenin capsules (50 mg each, 100 total) is the minimum I would use even at my maintenance doses. Some recommend 3 times that amount (1,500 mg/day) for its own cancer fighting benefits. When I was treating the tumors I also used 240 mg of ginko extract capsules for the amentoflavone that Cajun recommends in addition to apigenin. Ginko extract has lower concentration than an actual amentoflavone supplement, but it was all I could find at the time and it still added complexity to competitive inhibition making it more effective.

Excellent write up on the process!

Just a couple things to add:

I encourage people NOT to use flax seed oil as the carrier oil. It is just too difficult to get it to stay mixed with the lecithin. I'm making a batch with it now and after 4 days of mixing and chilling it still separates in the refrigerator overnight. It's a little less separation each time so I am making progress, but I never have this much trouble with olive oil. Besides not fully encapsulating the CCO another risk is that capsules will have uneven strength if oils aren't completely mixed.

For competitive inhibition 2 apigenin capsules (50 mg each, 100 total) is the minimum I would use even at my maintenance doses. Some recommend 3 times that amount (1,500 mg/day) for its own cancer fighting benefits. When I was treating the tumors I also used 240 mg of ginko extract capsules for the amentoflavone that Cajun recommends in addition to apigenin. Ginko extract has lower concentration than an actual amentoflavone supplement, but it was all I could find at the time and it still added complexity to competitive inhibition making it more effective.

Thank you for the clarifications KR. I'll have Teddy Edwards make a small editorial change to reflect "minimum" and add this into the beginning posts.

:bravo::cco::welldone::smokin::love:

Oh the Bio Bomb :)

I've made these for quite a few people with outstanding results every time. 3 examples...

1. 3 people with chronic IBS. Using a 1:1, I made them @ 20:1 and they dosed 4x per day. Inside the first week, symptoms reduced by an estimated 80%. They now take a maintenance dose and live pretty much a normal life

2. A lady with trigeminal neuralgia. A dreadful condition that was impossible to control no matter what prescription drugs were used. We used the same 1:1 strain @ 20:1. Another one inside of a week her symptoms had massively improved. She stayed on 4x per day for a few months, dropped all prescriptions and now takes a maintenance dose and lives pain free.

3. My lower back pain flares up very bad at times and these take the pain away for hrs on end.

I swear by the Bio Bomb. All doses are taken as suppositories. I wouldn't use them any other way :)

I also use capsules with infused oils as suppositories to keep my digestive system functioning properly. I recently had a 10-day run of antibiotics. I've never had a digestive reaction to antibiotics in 63 years, but this one made up for it in ferocity. When I realized I was just shy of C-diff I reached for the capsules made with Carnival that I used recreationally. It stopped the diarrhea in its tracks. Within three days my gut settled down completely. Now I make sure to use one every week.

I take a good dose of probiotics as well, and my gut health has never been better at a time of life when others my age have serious concerns.

Suppositories rock as a way to get cannabinoids in.

I also use capsules with infused oils as suppositories to keep my digestive system functioning properly. I recently had a 10-day run of antibiotics. I've never had a digestive reaction to antibiotics in 63 years, but this one made up for it in ferocity. When I realized I was just shy of C-diff I reached for the capsules made with Carnival that I used recreationally. It stopped the diarrhea in its tracks. Within three days my gut settled down completely. Now I make sure to use one every week.

I take a good dose of probiotics as well, and my gut health has never been better at a time of life when others my age have serious concerns.

Suppositories rock as a way to get cannabinoids in.

Absolutely agree on this. I'm lucky enough to be in good health (as far as i know! lol) When i first started taking these as suppositoires, i suffered with a grumbling gut. I was back and forth to the toilet for hrs on end. After a few days, it went away and i felt a huge improvement. Sometimes we don't releases how out of whack our systems are? I'm convinced these bio bombs just steamroll problems out of existence :)

Back
Top Bottom