Cannabis Oil For Elderly Parents With Pain Mgt Contracts & Drug Testing

beachbumcindy

I use cannabis for chronic pain and have seen such great results that I wanted something for my 82 year old parents. But my father is under a pain management contract to get his pain pills. Part of the contract is that he will be drug tested on a regular basis. If anything shows up hinky then he will be immediately dropped from the medical practice and it will be recorded somewhere having to do with the DEA and he won't be able to EVER get pain meds again. This is what we have been told. I'm in North Carolina.

My first question is what would be best delivery system(cannabis cream made with cannabis oil?) to do trial and error to find his right dose while staying under the radar so he doesn't get flagged?

Sencondly, I'm so very confused about cannabis oil verses tincture and the different types of "oil" that people talk about. Some talk about vaping with it, some say cannabis oil to cook with. I got a "cannabis oil cartridge" that you just drop in and smoke with no smell but I could taste the chemicals and it was awful and really affected me emotionally.

Thanks for all the help.

re: Cannabis Oil For Elderly Parents With Pain Mgt Contracts & Drug Testing

I use cannabis for chronic pain and have seen such great results that I wanted something for my 82 year old parents. But my father is under a pain management contract to get his pain pills. Part of the contract is that he will be drug tested on a regular basis. If anything shows up hinky then he will be immediately dropped from the medical practice and it will be recorded somewhere having to do with the DEA and he won't be able to EVER get pain meds again. This is what we have been told. I'm in North Carolina.

My first question is what would be best delivery system(cannabis cream made with cannabis oil?) to do trial and error to find his right dose while staying under the radar so he doesn't get flagged?

Sencondly, I'm so very confused about cannabis oil verses tincture and the different types of "oil" that people talk about. Some talk about vaping with it, some say cannabis oil to cook with. I got a "cannabis oil cartridge" that you just drop in and smoke with no smell but I could taste the chemicals and it was awful and really affected me emotionally.

Thanks for all the help.

:welcome: Here you go. SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall. A place to start finding your answers. Ask questions there. It is the best place to find what you are looking for. .:circle-of-love::peace:

re: Cannabis Oil For Elderly Parents With Pain Mgt Contracts & Drug Testing

Thanks so much. I'm also trying to figure out the whole forum thing too. I keep getting lost. Sorry.

No worries!! We are here to help. Click on the link above, read the first couple pages, then just jump in, introduce yourself and ask away!!I promise, we are a very friendly bunch around here. You will be warmly welcomed. :circle-of-love::peace:

Welcome, Cindy.
I share your frustration on the current regs on pain management-unfortunately, MD's are in a no-win situation concerning the DEA and their ability to prescribe controlled substances like narcotics. I spent countless days trying to find a compassionate pain doc in my state(GA) that wouldn't test for cannabinoids-as far as I could tell the Feds and state regs will pull their licence if they don't. At this point it's two options: either go back down the 'rabbit hole' with hardcore pain meds or try and endure with cannabis. Aint it great to live in America......

Back
Top Bottom