How I Make Coconut Oil Capsules From Rosin

Hi gang! I made 150 capsules this afternoon and thought I would share how I do it. It may sound like a lot of work, but in reality it only takes me a few hours. I'm mostly sitting on my old butt so it's definitely not very stressful. :Namaste:

1. I use my own home-grown bud to make rosin. In this particular case I'm using under-buds of Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt:

F6E9B73A-E728-4BCB-BE32-3CCBF9E8FFC7.jpeg

2. I de-stem and put them in 90 micron bags. Then, they get pre-pressed before going into the real press. I then collect the goodness:

787B68BB-D875-4F00-BDFE-2E0656ED0BBC.jpeg

81CBE032-C5E7-46F2-9CD5-BDBA4CF1B267.jpeg

3CF365B6-3065-4B12-9BE6-1B071E9E3D16.jpeg

BFBBBA86-F5DD-4D65-9210-4D0DA6B21D7E.jpeg

3. I put the fresh rosin into a silicon container and baked it in a toaster oven on 250*F for 30 minutes. I don't know if this step is necessary to decarboxilate or not, but I do it anyway. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of this.

4. I use a Magical Butter machine and it really makes things easy. However, you could do this in a saucepan. Here's the ingredients:
a. I used all the rosin I just made. (Raw bud was 12 grams. I didn't weigh the rosin)
b. Approximately 2 cups of coconut oil.
c. 2 tablespoonfuls of lecithin.

All the ingredients get mixed in the Magical Butter machine at 160*F for 1 hour. When it's complete I use a syringe to fill the capsules. I take 2 capsules at a time (I have a pretty high tolerance) and I'm good for 4-6 hours. I mean...REALLY GOOD!!!

What I really like about this is I don't get any of the "green" taste whatsoever. I suffer from severe IBS-D, PTSD, Fibromyalgia, and a few other algias... This method of ingesting the infused coconut oil actually relieves some of my IBS and I don't get any of those "weed" burps.

Anyway, this is what I do and it helps. I hope it helps you too. Enjoy!

DA4B8C55-4535-49F4-BA4E-B4136C46361C.jpeg

E186E2B9-1887-49AC-B997-28FB24DB31DA.jpeg

Hi gang! I made 150 capsules this afternoon and thought I would share how I do it. It may sound like a lot of work, but in reality it only takes me a few hours. I'm mostly sitting on my old butt so it's definitely not very stressful. :Namaste:

1. I use my own home-grown bud to make rosin. In this particular case I'm using under-buds of Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt:

F6E9B73A-E728-4BCB-BE32-3CCBF9E8FFC7.jpeg

2. I de-stem and put them in 90 micron bags. Then, they get pre-pressed before going into the real press. I then collect the goodness:

787B68BB-D875-4F00-BDFE-2E0656ED0BBC.jpeg

81CBE032-C5E7-46F2-9CD5-BDBA4CF1B267.jpeg

3CF365B6-3065-4B12-9BE6-1B071E9E3D16.jpeg

BFBBBA86-F5DD-4D65-9210-4D0DA6B21D7E.jpeg

3. I put the fresh rosin into a silicon container and baked it in a toaster oven on 250*F for 30 minutes. I don't know if this step is necessary to decarboxilate or not, but I do it anyway. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of this.

4. I use a Magical Butter machine and it really makes things easy. However, you could do this in a saucepan. Here's the ingredients:
a. I used all the rosin I just made. (Raw bud was 12 grams. I didn't weigh the rosin)
b. Approximately 2 cups of coconut oil.
c. 2 tablespoonfuls of lecithin.

All the ingredients get mixed in the Magical Butter machine at 160*F for 1 hour. When it's complete I use a syringe to fill the capsules. I take 2 capsules at a time (I have a pretty high tolerance) and I'm good for 4-6 hours. I mean...REALLY GOOD!!!

What I really like about this is I don't get any of the "green" taste whatsoever. I suffer from severe IBS-D, PTSD, Fibromyalgia, and a few other algias... This method of ingesting the infused coconut oil actually relieves some of my IBS and I don't get any of those "weed" burps.

Anyway, this is what I do and it helps. I hope it helps you too. Enjoy!

DA4B8C55-4535-49F4-BA4E-B4136C46361C.jpeg

E186E2B9-1887-49AC-B997-28FB24DB31DA.jpeg

Your home grown looks amazing! The 4 to 6 hours of strong relief is what has my full attention! I've watched a few videos shared using the magic butter machine which makes things seem much easier.
I'm shocked 12g made 150 strong caps! I'm definitely doing things wrong, my last batch of just oil was made with 1oz trim 1oz bud then squeezed into a 8oz mason jar and it's nothing to write home about!
This is a great share, thank you!

Your home grown looks amazing! The 4 to 6 hours of strong relief is what has my full attention! I’ve watched a few videos shared using the magic butter machine which makes things seem much easier.
I’m shocked 12g made 150 strong caps! I’m definitely doing things wrong, my last batch of just oil was made with 1oz trim 1oz bud then squeezed into a 8oz mason jar and it’s nothing to write home about!
This is a great share, thank you!

Yeah, these weren’t as strong as I thought. I gotta take 10 to get decent relief. It’s all a work in progress. I realize now I used way too much coconut oil. I’m also hearing from experts that I need to cook for much longer (8 hours) instead of an hour. Makes sense. Anyway, at some point, I’ll get this down. I’ll update soon. I’m planning another batch very soon.

Yeah, these weren't as strong as I thought. I gotta take 10 to get decent relief. It's all a work in progress. I realize now I used way too much coconut oil. I'm also hearing from experts that I need to cook for much longer (8 hours) instead of an hour. Makes sense. Anyway, at some point, I'll get this down. I'll update soon. I'm planning another batch very soon.

Well.. your right, were in the same boat for sure lol. I'll sub into this as you share what works vs not and if I'm come across anything worth a share this will be my first spot.

I know this is an old thread . do you have an updated version ? What size caps should I use? How much rosin should I use? How much coconut oil should I use and that other stuff? How long do I decarb rosin? How many caps will it make.

thanks scrogster. :passitleft: :cough: :nerd-with-glasses:

@scrogster,
I use 00 veg caps, and for wellness dose I use a 1/10 to 1/20 CCO/coconut oil, would be the same for Rosin.

When using FECO/CCO as a curative, I use 1/1 or 1/2.

This gives me about 100 mg to 50 mg per dose for wellness and 500 mg or approx 330 mg per cap for curative.

I know this is an old thread . do you have an updated version ? What size caps should I use? How much rosin should I use? How much coconut oil should I use and that other stuff? How long do I decarb rosin? How many caps will it make.

thanks scrogster. :passitleft: :cough: :nerd-with-glasses:
@scrogster,
I use 00 veg caps, and for wellness dose I use a 1/10 to 1/20 CCO/coconut oil, would be the same for Rosin.

When using FECO/CCO as a curative, I use 1/1 or 1/2.

This gives me about 100 mg to 50 mg per dose for wellness and 500 mg or approx 330 mg per cap for curative.

Sounds good.

...and this is way old LOL.

Back
Top Bottom