Hello all,

Was wondering if I am going to make CBD oil with CBD rich strain, do I need to decarb the flower like when making the usual THC oil?
Yes...CBD takes a bit longer to decarbe so add about 15 min to your process

Hi Chef Dan a Chris.

This is a timely topic. Last weekend I decarbed 10g of my Dinamed CBD at 240 degrees for 60 minutes. And infused into 8oz olive oil.

Maybe it all in my head, 1/2 tsp of the oil seems weaker than smoking the flower in my one hitter.

I read in that Magical appliance website about decarbing CBD at 280 degrees for 60 to 90 mins. Going try making another batch tomorrow.

Will let you know how it goes.

DooM

Doom,

Got a CBD girl (NN1 "Nitengale")in dark period now, will eventually make oil out of most of it. Seems more resinous than last CBD girly "Shark Shock". Made oil from her and not noticing much yet. It has been about a month. This strain has much better quality all around so feeling optimistic.

Got some time of drying & curing, but then I'll follow your decarb advice. Good luck w/ your oil- Chef Dan

Hi Chef Dan a Chris.

This is a timely topic. Last weekend I decarbed 10g of my Dinamed CBD at 240 degrees for 60 minutes. And infused into 8oz olive oil.

Maybe it all in my head, 1/2 tsp of the oil seems weaker than smoking the flower in my one hitter.

I read in that Magical appliance website about decarbing CBD at 280 degrees for 60 to 90 mins. Going try making another batch tomorrow.

DooM
Not sure how much temp matters, I'm sure it does, but time I hear does
90min seems the sweet spot, I did mine at 240 fir 90 and my Nightengale oil is great, so Dan I know u will like it. It's also a nice smoke

Good luck Doom, let me know how the oil finishes out

Doom,

Cool thanks for the tip, can't wait to do. Really excited since you say your Nitengale came out great. Smokes well also? I have thc girls for the smoke, was use Nitengale mostly for oil but now looking forward to trying the smoke as well! What part of country you in?

Doom,

Cool thanks for the tip, can't wait to do. Really excited since you say your Nitengale came out great. Smokes well also? I have thc girls for the smoke, was use Nitengale mostly for oil but now looking forward to trying the smoke as well! What part of country you in?
Hi Chef. The Nightingale was Chris Scorpio's. I'm in eastern MB.

Hi folks.

Batch #1 was decarbed at 240 for 1 hour. Batch #2 decarbed at 280 for 1 hour.

So my #2 batch of oil also seems weak. But...I think I found the cause. The dosage (titration?) was too low.

For example, one capsule from either batch has little to no effect. So I worked my way up to 3 capsules which had the effect I was seeking. I tested this with both batches.

So my problem wasn't what temp to decarb but just getting the dosage right...lol.

DooM

So my new batch of oil also seems weak. But...I think I found the cause. The dosage (titration?) Was too low.

For example, one capsule from either batch has little to no effect. So I worked my way up to 3 capsules which has the effect I was seeking. I tested this with both batches.

Batch #1 was decarbed at 240 for 1 hour. Batch #2 decarbed at 280 for 1 hour.

So my problem wasn't what temp to decarb but just getting the dosage right...lol.
What effect are ya looking for Doom? What size pills??

A THC high or a CBD high?

If it's a high CBD strain the THC high will be minimal

A good THC oil with a good high CBD oil is best. THC for pain, CBD for healing help

What effect are ya looking for Doom? What size pills??

A THC high or a CBD high?

If it's a high CBD strain the THC high will be minimal

A good THC oil with a good high CBD oil is best. THC for pain, CBD for healing help
These capsules (size 0) are from my Dinamed CBD harvest which has less than 1% THC and 14% CBD.

While the waiting for the plants to grow, I've been using pure CBD isolate to help manage my anxiety. It has been the best medicine for me personally.

The effect is hard to describe. There is zero impairment. Fearful thoughts and rumination disappear. I feel safe. I feel capable.

The Dinamed grow is my attempt to provide my own meds at a fraction of the cost compared to the CBD Isolate.

At this point I'm hopeful the plants will work out for me.

DooM

These capsules (size 0) are from my Dinamed CBD harvest which has less than 1% THC and 14% CBD.

While the waiting for the plants to grow, I've been using pure CBD isolate to help manage my anxiety. It has been the best medicine for me personally.

The effect is hard to describe. There is zero impairment. Fearful thoughts and rumination disappear. I feel safe. I feel capable.

The Dinamed grow is my attempt to provide my own meds at a fraction of the cost compared to the CBD Isolate.

At this point I'm hopeful the plants will work out for me.

DooM

Ok those are the little capsules, makes sense, thats probably about equal to the 00 size I use

Anxiety is a tuffy, but the CBD I bet helps, when I take a Candida capsul I get relaxed and energetic, if that makes sense

You may try and get some 00 capsule, less loading of them, or a 000 which looks to be same in valume of yer three

Just found this

"0" size holds about 500 mg. #1 holds about 400 mg. #3 about 200 mg. One teaspoon will fill about 7 "0" capsulesand about 5 "00" capsules.

Ok those are the little capsules, makes sense, thats probably about equal to the 00 size I use

Anxiety is a tuffy, but the CBD I bet helps, when I take a Candida capsul I get relaxed and energetic, if that makes sense

You may try and get some 00 capsule, less loading of them, or a 000 which looks to be same in valume of yer three

Just found this

"0" size holds about 500 mg. #1 holds about 400 mg. #3 about 200 mg. One teaspoon will fill about 7 "0" capsulesand about 5 "00" capsules.
Thanks for the specs.

Bad news is I have just under 1000 empty size 0 capsules. Good news is I will go through them 3x faster than I expected...lol.

Thanks for the specs.

Bad news is I have just under 1000 empty size 0 capsules. Good news is I will go through them 3x faster than I expected...lol.
Lol

Ya I have like 800 size 00

Thanks for the specs.

Also...

With the smaller it is easier to fine tune the dose....

Bad day..take 4
Good day...take 2

Hi Chef Dan a Chris.

DooM

Ok first of I am not trolling or creeping you lol or whatever it's called these days lol

You are a wealth of information because this is all so new to me! As you know I am growing the same strain and I think it will be chop chop time this week! So this means I need to figure out what I will be doing with this all since I have way more then I think.

So yesterday I followed a recipe to make the I think its called green dragon tea. I use 1oz of my Dinaf and 1/4 mason jar with my homemade 180! I decarb @ 240 for 40 min (unfortunately I didn't find this post yesterday) once cooked I added to my jars and then to my freezer. Twice a day for two weeks I will shake it and put back into the freezer) It's supposed to be done anytime after 2 weeks. Then put it in tincture and try it out!

So since I am new to this I was reading about decarbing and it seems you do this if you cook your stuff and want to preserve the "high" effect. So I am wondering if I need to do this because of I don't that effect I just want the pain relief effect?

Also, I will be trying coconut oil and glycerin since I really don't want the alcohol before I go to work lol
  • 1 ounce of CBD cannabis
  • 8-ounce bottle of glycerin
I guess its all experiments and learning from here!

The way I understand it the acids (thc-a and cbd-a) are important for medical and pain relief effects. You remove these when you decarb so you don't want to do that during any part of your process. By not decarbing you will also avoid the buzz effect.

The way I understand it the acids (thc-a and cbd-a) are important for medical and pain relief effects. You remove these when you decarb so you don't want to do that during any part of your process. By not decarbing you will also avoid the buzz effect.

I routinely read opposing thoughts concerning "best method" re: Decarb vs noDecarb. THC vs CBD percentages. Rick of RSO maintains high THC only for best med. Does someone have a current study which identifies best practice?

Back
Top Bottom