Gel caps melting - Enteric caps

cecil5068

Can anyone tell me if I can put a 1:1 mix of FECO and Olive oil in an Enteric capsule for store? - I used some normal gel caps the other day for some oil and they all started to melt? Is there a specific type of Enteric / Gel cap that is good with oil - or will I have to fill them with a syringe as I use them? Just about to start a 3-4 week heavy course in about a month and just trying to use a mix of suppositories, tea and orally with caps.

I've had issues with this is well. What I've found is this:

Make sure you boil off ALL the alcohol. Alcohol dissolves the caps quicker than anything.

Let the oil cool down almost completely before filling the caps. Heat will disolve the caps.

Keep your filled caps in the freezer. I actually fill a tray of 50 (usually 52 actually) and leave it upright in a tupperware container in the freezer. Then I pull out one dose at a time as needed.

Others seem to have much better luck but I've tried several different brands including the exact caps that others have used, and if I don't keep them upright in the freezer the leak and or melt. C'est la vie.

Back
Top Bottom