Silver Tour Newsletter - !st Issue, 3rd Edition, (Robert Platshorn)

Javahead

1st Annual New Year Fundraiser

2013 Can be the Year We End Cannabis Prohibition
3rd Time's the Charm! There were some unforeseen challenges in our first issue. Everything is fixed now and we look forward to a smoother publishing process of our Newsletter in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience.
12/10/2012

Maintain The Momentum
The Silver Tour has become a major force in bringing about historic reforms in our cannabis laws. Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana for all adults uses. Eighteen states allow medical marijuana. After serving thirty years in federal prison for marijuana, you can imagine how much this means to me. I'm just getting started. Momentum is on our side. Now is not the time to coast. We must push harder than ever to reach a goal that is now clearly in sight. If you've ever thought of joining the fight, but felt it a hopeless cause, think again. There has never be a time like this, when your support can accomplish so much, so quickly
An Acclaimed Success

Our Silver Tour shows have received accolades in a dozen countries. The Wall St Journal, CNN Money, The Daily Beast, The Daily Show, Australia's TV7 Prime Time and many oth-ers have reported the show's phenomenal success convincing the critical senior voting bloc to support legalizing cannabis. But live Silver Tour shows can only reach a hundred or two hundred people at a time. It takes six weeks of planning and a minimum of $1,500 to put on a single successful live show. Too slow! Too expensive!

(Silver tour link The Silver Tour | Teaching Seniors the Benefits of Medical Marijuana)

With the help of award winning editor/producer Walter J. Collins, I've put the Silver Tour show into a thirty minute infomer-cial format for commercial TV. Only television can instantly reach the millions of viewers who never use social media and have never been exposed to the truth about cannabis. Titled "Should Grandma Smoke Pot?", one critic called the show "a work of genius". See it Now!
(Membership)

If you've read my book, Black Tuna Diaries, you know that I was a pioneer in the infomercial business. The late Billy Mays claimed me "a legend" in the pitch business. As an accredited infomercial producer, I'm able to buy half hour slots to air "Grandma" on good TV stations for a fraction of the published rate. Costs average $50 to $350 per half hour, depending on time and market.

For the cost of a putting on single live show, we can broadcast "Should Grandma Smoke Pot?" a dozen times, reaching tens of thousands of viewers. For less than the cost of one marijuana court defense, ($25,000 ), we can saturate the airwaves with hun-dreds of broadcasts. As little as $10,000 could buy a hundred broad-casts in your town. $3-5,000 can put Grandma on national network TV, reaching millions of viewers. And the show can be easily adapted to support specific state and local marijuana initiatives.

It Really Works!

A single show generated almost 200 phone calls to each of two Florida legislators.

Good News & Bad News

Two recent national polls show that the majority of Americans are in favor of legalization. The bad news is that only 35% of seniors agree. It was the senior vote in Oregon that defeated M-80, the recent legalization initiative. Seniors are not opposed to cannabis, but someone has to educate them and give them a good reason to demand, "safe legal access". This is precisely what "Should Grandma Smoke Pot?" ac-complishes. Each week we receive dozens of thank you messages from concerned relatives of seniors who suffer from chronic pain, cancer, glaucoma and a host of ailments that could be mitigated by marijuana. They typically say things like, "I tried for months to get my mother to try cannabis for her M.S, she always refused. Last week she saw your show on local TV and asked if I could help her find a doctor to give her a medical card for cannabis."

Help us end cannabis prohibition and free over a million Americans who are languishing in prison for possessing a plant.

I want to broadcast Grandma on TV in our nation's Capitol until lawmakers cry 'Uncle'

Television costs for the first quarter of 2013 will be at their lowest level. The Silver Tour is raising funds now, to buy as much time as possible for that period. Plans are underway to campaign Florida where there are two pending medical initiatives. Texas needs a ground roots campaign. California needs support to pass new local regulations to stop the closing down of existing resources. Pa, Arkansas and a host of other states need Grandma. This show can air wherever there is a local need and a source of underwriting. That goes for Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Like NPR or PBS, The Silver Tour is a non-profit public service organization
Unfortunately we receive no public funding.

Our mission is to end cannabis prohibition by educating seniors and the public about the medical and economic benefits of cannabis/hemp. Our program is carefully crafted to dispel the negative myths of the past seventy-five years and create a public demand for "safe legal access".

Please help me put "Should Grandma Smoke Pot?" on TV in as many cities and states as possible

As an Underwriter, you can sponsor our broadcast campaign for any amount. $100 is enough in many smaller markets.
It will go directly to support our campaign to air one or more broadcasts of "Should Grandma Smoke Pot?". Contributions can be public or anonymous and all membership funds help to keep Grandma on the air and pay office expenses.
Become a Member, Underwriter, or Contribute Now.
or Send Check or Money Order to the address below

Warm Regards & Thanks for Your Support

Robert Platshorn, Founder

The Silver Tour Corp

Robert with Al Madrigal
Robert w/ Al Madrigal of The Daily Show. Click to see the segment.
scan of wall st journal article
Wall Street Journal
(May 2012)
About the Silver Tour

Two years ago, when California's legalization bill, Prop 19, was defeated because 65% of seniors voted NO, I realized that seniors, the most powerful voting bloc in the country, were being totally ignored by the legalization move-ment.
I founded the Silver Tour be-cause of the need to reach seniors with medical information and to dispel the lies and propaganda of the past 75 years . Along with Irv Rosenfeld, one of the four remaining federal cannabis pa-tients, I developed a very power-ful format for introducing this subject to seniors.. The Silver Tour Show was an instant suc-cess and the requests for shows from all over the U.S and Cana-da were overwhelming.

Watch us Grow!
This is Just the Beginning!

Watch our website for new content and more regular updates.

This Newsletter will be a monthly publication featuring Robert, Silver Tour Board Members, Supporters, and prominent members of the movement to end cannabis prohibition.

In addition, we will be holding online meetings for supporters as well as educational forums for seniors.

None of this is possible without YOUR help! Please Donate today.

Support The Silver Tour for $100 or Any Amount
The Silver Tour Corp. | 954-773-6967 | thesilvertour@yahoo.com | The Silver Tour | Teaching Seniors the Benefits of Medical Marijuana
254 Lake Constance Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33411

(forgive me this is my first try at posting)

Back
Top Bottom