Joss Stone Says Weed Is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol

British soul singer Joss Stone has been wrapped in controversy for admitting she smokes marijuana.

In an interview with Star Magazine, the singer opens up about her drug use.

"I smoke weed, but I don't think it's really a drug. It's more of a herb." she says. "I don't regret saying that at all. I think everyone smokes weed and people who say they don't are lying!"

She continues to defend the illicit drug and says its harmless compared to alcohol.

"Weed has been given this evil stamp, but how is it dangerous? It's going to make you laugh your arse off? You might go to sleep? I think alcohol is much more harmful. 'People beat the f--- out of each other on alcohol."

Stone's honesty isn't sitting too well with David Raynes, the head of the National Drugs Prevention Alliance who says the singer should consider her young fans when speaking out and that "people like Joss Stone should keep their mouths shut about things like this."

Or maybe parents should teach their kids not to take their favorite pop star's word as gospel.

Do you think its right for Joss Stone to talk about her drug use so explicitly or should she have kept her mouth shut?

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Terra
Copyright: 2009 Terra Networks
Website: Joss Stone Says Weed Is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol

Or maybe parents should teach their kids not to take their favorite pop star's word as gospel.

Bingo! Parents should be responsible for teaching their children, not a celebrity.

I had the same conversation with my sister on pot vs. alcohol. Neither of us had any problem with people that have jobs and are responsible wanting to relax with some MJ. We also came to the conclusion that alcohol has ruined more families than MJ ever has, as well as killed a lot more people.

Talking about the cannibus plant openly should not be so taboo. Its socially acceptable to consume alcohol, get loud and obnoxious, slur your words and lose your balance. But it is not socially acceptable to consume the resin of the cannibus plant,so you can relax and be happy in a peaceful manner. This makes no sense to me......its just a plant! I cant wait for the day when the term "wake and bake" is as common as morning coffee.

Back
Top Bottom