B.C. Marijuana Activist Wins $25 Million

cindasana

Hmm....I thought this was maybe more appropriate for "marijuana in the news", but maybe this forum will do? :winkyface: Good for him! :thumb:

B.C. marijuana activist wins $25 million

It was three times lucky this week for B.C. pot advocates.

First Washington and Colorado voters decided the time had come to legalize marijuana.

That surprising development spurred a flurry of news coverage and momentum for SensibleBC.ca, a campaign organization dedicated to putting marijuana decriminalization to a referendum here in B.C.

And third time luckiest was Terrace pot advocate Bob Erb, who won a cool $25 million in the Nov. 2 draw to end a phenomenal week for marijuana enthusiasts.

Erb, a 60-year-old former candidate for the B.C. Marijuana Party, hit a financial high point when he checked his winning LOTTO MAX ticket.

“I turned around and around and said to myself, ‘It can’t be $25,000 — there are too many zeros,’ ” said the seasonal construction worker. “I put it in again to see if something will go wrong and, holy, it said $25 million!”

The appropriately named Erb — ‘herb’ is one of the countless nicknames for marijuana — has no plans to quit his job.

“I won’t be buying a home gym, so I’ll work for the exercise,” he jokes.

And Erb plans to spread his newfound wealth around — Terrace soup kitchens, food banks, shelters and other local organizations will all be beneficiaries of his lotto winnings.

Erb can barely believe his long-awaited luck — not exactly an overnight success, since he’s been buying tickets unsuccessfully for 43 years.

“It absolutely is [true] — and friggin’ unbelievable,” Erb told The Terrace Standard. “I’ll be looking at community groups and that, dealing with people on fixed income and the homeless, food banks, soup kitchens.”

Erb’s good fortune came on an unfortunate trip, driving to Calgary for his father’s funeral.

He plays the same tickets each week, except this week, when a cashier in New Hazelton got it “wrong.”

“So he said, ‘OK, I’ll just cancel that one,” Erb told the CBC.

“I said, ‘No, no, it just might the big one. I’ll keep that.’ ”

Erb will now put his money where his mouth is, using some of his winnings for “the legalization, decriminalization of marijuana.”

Co-worker Jordan Smoley said the winnings couldn’t come to a nicer guy.

“I was speechless and all I could think about was how happy I was for him,” Smoley told the CBC.

“He’s a really friendly, outgoing guy and he always volunteers at the homeless shelter, and he is a contributing member of the community and, yeah, just a really good guy.”

The Province

Good For Herb opps .....I ment Erb. Sounds to me like he is going to do the right things with the money and that he deserves it. Good for Him! I like to see good thing happen to good people.

Peace HBF

nice for once the money goes in clean and wise hands. big up to him and his sharing attitude.
green day for you all.

W.B.

Back
Top Bottom