Which Strain is Best for Both Migraine and Joint Pain?

Jasonlee247

There isn't too much detailed info that I've found, and was wondering which strains people here Prefer for a combination of joint pain and Migrains. Also one which allows for sleep. My last Migrain was a 2 day affair, and I only had Berry White (Blueberry X White Widow) and it takes ALOT to help, but keeps me awake like drinking alot of coffee. No bueno since the migrain hit me at around 7pm.

Anyways let me know what you guys think, any info will help considerably and give me reason to further research these strains.

:thanks::rollit::welcome::ganjamon::peace:

There isn't too much detailed info that I've found, and was wondering which strains people here Prefer for a combination of joint pain and Migrains. Also one which allows for sleep. My last Migrain was a 2 day affair, and I only had Berry White (Blueberry X White Widow) and it takes ALOT to help, but keeps me awake like drinking alot of coffee. No bueno since the migrain hit me at around 7pm.

Anyways let me know what you guys think, any info will help considerably and give me reason to further research these strains.

Try White Rhino, It's a good couch lock effect..And helps you sleep. IMO Indicas are the best for the pain that migraines cause. :roorrip:

Cool thanx for the input. I happen to have a couple White Rhinos that will be done in a month or so. I'm anxious to see if they help more than the wwXbb.

Any ther Ideas/ Strain recommendations?

Stick with an Indica strain - or High percentage of Indica -
The Sativas are an up/anxious high
I could list a bunch - but I do not know what is available to you - like are you planning on purchasing seeds?
Anyway just get the most indica type you can.
and almost any strain is good for joint pain, with THC and (E)-BCP that is found in all marijuana are anti-inflammatory.

Hey thanx for the info UPc !! +REP
I just got in some seed as a matter of fact, I tried to order some goodness for myself and a patient I care for. we have different needs though, so half of what I got is not best suited for me (although it is nice to have when I'm not having migrains/pian)

We got:
Master Kush
Papaya
NL#1
Grand daddy Purp
Sweet Purple
ATA Tundra
White Russian

The MasterKush, Papaya, and Grand daddy are for me. I hope that they will work well. I'm pretty sure about MK, as It about knocked me out last time. lol GDP, and Papaya...we'll see.
I have to say that the White Russian is the one I'm most anxious to see into flower. I've heard she's a beauty.

thanx again for the info!

...Any more info will help!!!

We haven't started our grow yet, we will be legal on the 25th, but I will be growing different mixes, my husband needs it more for pain and appetite, but I am already a couch potato LMAO, so I don't want to much of anything that gives the "couch lock" effect. And I need the sativas more for depression, but indicas for pain.
I am going to try to get a higher % of indica to start - as my concerns are more for my husband at this point (he has Crohn's, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and Chondromalacia patella).

I would really like to get some Wrex 2008 -
(Morphine Replacement) mixed for extreme or terminal patients Cross of Pit back on P-91. Produces well, stores well. New for 2008. We crossed Pit Bull back on her mother to preserve the P-91 genes, and called the result Wrex, after the patient in our garden who prefers it to any other for severe pain control.

But as it is newly developed strain out of Oregon - We will not be getting it around here anytime soon.

Keep me updated on how the different strains work out for you, and when we start harvesting - it will be a while, I will let you know what goodness we find.

CINDERELLA 99;

Has indica tendancies, sativa high. I got some at a dispensary, and loved it for evening smoke. not too much couchlock at all, pain relief a 7 of 10, so I did my research,got a cutting, made a mom, and here's one of her clones @ 4 weeks into bloom under a 250hps. 5 tops on one plant. I have 2 of them and 2 White Rhino in my bloom area. My wife loves the Rhino, I love the Cindy. lol
week_4_bloom_2_010.jpg
week_4_bloom_2_009.jpg

It might be what your looking for, but it's REALLY strong too. Still got the mom. She is a beauty and makes lots of babies!

We will be getting some clones at the end of the month, and tasting the samples, The one I know for sure is Blueberry (i believe to be mostly indica), 2 other possibles are California Dream (I believe is high potent hybrid) and Jack Frost (i believe to be mostly sativa). I am not sure what percentages they are, but we live in a very dry area so beggars can't be choosers, and I know that I have heard good things about all 3.
If I get to buying seeds or have the chance to get Cinderella, I will surely give it a try.
I may have some leads on some others, but do not know for sure, I will be traveling 500-600 miles on-way to pick them up (from where I used to live)

cool i've heard of those. Blueberry (true DJ Short) is Thai sativa x Afghani Indica and I believe he back crossed to afghani so yea, mostly indica. The jack frost is a strain I've also been looking at and drooling over. I love jack herer strains and crosses. I believe that is Jack Herer x Ice, but could be wrong. Good luck with the drive! It'll be interesting to find out which ones you end up getting and how they do!

For me, something with a sativa in it works best on a bad headache. If it is pure indica, it will not cut it. I have to have a sativa... a stony sativa will work well for me. Like Honey Nugs... Maybe Strawberry Cough (if it's stony enough). GL :) Green C works great.

Cool thanx for the input. I happen to have a couple White Rhinos that will be done in a month or so. I'm anxious to see if they help more than the wwXbb.

Any ther Ideas/ Strain recommendations?

Get yourself a hand held microscope and look at the trichs. Pick your buds when the trichs are mostly amber and some milky looking. That will give you more of a "knock out" high. I got mine at radio shack for $12 and is a 60x-100x. All you need is a 50x, possibly a little lower power.:grinjoint:

Get yourself a hand held microscope and look at the trichs. Pick your buds when the trichs are mostly amber and some milky looking. That will give you more of a "knock out" high. I got mine at radio shack for $12 and is a 60x-100x. All you need is a 50x, possibly a little lower power.:grinjoint:

I'll be harvesting in 2 weeks or so (optimisticly) and am getting probably the same exact radioshack model next week. I think I' going to go with my regular 30% amber since I have heard that the 50% contains a much higher peak of degrading Trichomes which might effect the potency as a whole. I'm Still going more than I did last time, but not by too much. I'm a subtle tester.

My strain at 30% amber should be done in 60-65 days VS the 50-55 that the Brothers Bloom recommend. We'll see since this is first grow w?Cindy99 and my 2nd is 2 weeks later with the same nutes.

Id like to give a shout out for Shark Attack, since I have started my own grow if it I have heard nothing but high praise for its high cbd content. The perfect medical plant.

CBD or Cannabidiol has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea amongst other things and to inhibit cancer cell growth in proper medical tests.

DINAFEM SHARK ATTACK
Flowering period: 50-55 days
THC: High (12%-16%)
CBD: High
Production: Medium
Blend: Indica-Sativa with Indica dominance
Genotype: Super Skunk x White Widow

:thumb:

lol, it has been impressing people in its short veg stage in my grow, the smell isnt too bad yet but would be overpowered by the cheese anyway no doubt.

It is proving to be a very solid hardy pheno with no issues whatsoever yet to a new grower like myself whereras the other strain has had one or two issues.

:thumb:

Basicly, you need good THC and high CBD for joint pains and migraines. The CBD is good for migraines and it's good for joint pains. You wan't something with resonable to high THC for aiding the pain. You also want somthing with a stronger onset for migraines. The Indica will really help with the body and the Sativa does some good work on the head. I think you'de want a mostly indica or hybrid. I find a lil bit of sativa goes a long ways, you certainly don't need a pure sativa, and a pure indica wouldn't be the best either, though i'll note Afghan is really great landrace (cannabis afghanica) to grow.

zhummingsig.jpg

cool i've heard of those. Blueberry (true DJ Short) is Thai sativa x Afghani Indica and I believe he back crossed to afghani so yea, mostly indica. The jack frost is a strain I've also been looking at and drooling over. I love jack herer strains and crosses. I believe that is Jack Herer x Ice, but could be wrong. Good luck with the drive! It'll be interesting to find out which ones you end up getting and how they do!

Jack Frost is a BEAST.
The genetics behind this are Jack Herrer X White Widow X Norten Lights#5 direct from Sensiseed shop in Amsterdam.
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom