Marihuana and Fibromyalgia by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Marihuana and Fibromyalgia by Anonymous​

I am a 53-year-old man who became disabled a little over three years ago with fibromyalgia. I have chronic and most often severe pain in most of my body. To combat this predominate symptom, I have over the years taken just about every type narcotic or pain medicine available. This includes and is not limited to: Demerol, methadone, morphine sulfate, oxycodone, Darvocet, Percocet, ibuprofen, etc, etc, etc. I am once again back to taking OxyContin 10MG four to six times a day. I continue to jump from medication to medication as none of the meds I have tried thus far have any lasting effect. I quickly build up a tolerance to each one, and at best they only take the edge off of severe pain episodes. Not only have large doses of these types of meds been ineffectual in my treatment; their repeated use is starting to take toll of my body. It was by chance that I tried some marihuana offered by a friend. It has been some thirty years since I smoked anything. After about ten minutes I felt tears come to my eyes. They were tears of joy and sadness. Joy because for the first time in over three years I was truly without pain. I was saddened because in that moment I realized it took the absence of pain to make me aware that I am continually in it. My friend returned to the Midwest and left me enough marihuana to relive my pain for three days. It sounds tacky, but to me it was truly a miracle to have such relief.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom