Back Pain by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Back Pain by Anonymous​

I have suffered from chronic lower back pain for years. I have been prescribed muscle relaxants, but they cause nausea and sleepiness.I have found a better way to alleviate the pain, without the sick feeling and loss of muscle tone.

My oldest son is a Native American and more liberal in his views of marihuana than some. He was over last weekend when I was almost crippled with pain. He said, "Mom, I want you to try something that may work for you." I found myself agreeing to take a few puffs of a marihuana cigarette. I was amazed. My lower back pain was gone -- not just dulled. I felt a little lightheaded but not enough to keep me from having a full day of activity. I couldn't believe it. I am beginning to wonder why our government would keep a natural painkiller from our use. I bet I paid three times more for my prescribed muscle relaxants than my son did for his natural pain remedy.

Source: Comments and Observations

I too suffer from lower back pain do to a herniated disk and several bulged disks. And I agree Marijuana works better than anything my doctor has ever given me. I don't feel sick all day and I can function much better than when on the pain meds. I have been trying to use a good Indica when ever possible they seem to do the best for my pain.

I agree as well. I started having arthritis in my hands from my mid-twenties. After multiple trips to the doctor, there wasn't much advice other than taking pain killers and an anti-inflammatory pill. These aren't solutions for me, I do not wish to take medication daily that will damage my kidneys in the long-run. That's not a concern with medical marijuana, and through the use of ingestion instead of inhalation, lung problems that arise from smoking wouldn't be an issue either.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I have just joined this forum, I have backpain, but can't smoke Marijuana, so I've made a pain cream that works very well, I don't get light-headed, I guess because f the amount that's used for a good months supple if only 2gms, Ihave shared what I make with other people that smoke and they use it as another way to be painfree. It works generally for 5 hours at least. I'm trying to think/investigate how to make a pain patch, and think I have found how to make it pretty much smell free.

I myself have suffered low back pain most of my life work injury have never smoked anything in my life I have never tried MMJ till now Im on a mission of looking for a good but easy recipe for tincture as this will be my first attempt

I can say most of my pain is lower back pain secondary to a bit of on the job trauma, some days its bad some days not so much. But when it is very bad it is on the order of fall down doing any mundane thing such as brushing my teeth for example.

I have yet to get access to meds that work so my hope is that cannabis will be the one.

Back
Top Bottom