Rheumatoid Arthritis

Aingeni

For 10 years I had fibromyalgia and have been on a lot of different medications. Anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers, pain pills and anti-depressants. For the past 2 years, I have had the diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis. This is painful in a much different way. Now for all of you who say that pain is dis-ease, stress in the body or something I've caused, I get that. But the pain is still there.

Recently I've been on Tramadol and Prozac. I went to hemp fest and saw a lot of sick people there. I checked up on medical marijuana, got a green card and have been experimenting for 3 weeks. I don't need much and mainly take it at night to sleep. I have yet to use a vaporizer but the bubbler is pretty good, easy to use and not as harsh as a pipe, which is deadly!

I haven't been a chronic user at any time in my life, except for now. The first night I used it, I woke up in the morning with no hangover feeling, no bad reaction and when I stretched my body, that action actually felt good. I was afraid it was causing head "zaps." Then I realized I had weaned off the Prozac and that was the reason for the head zaps.

So basically, slowly but surely, I can run after my kids again.

I also have Rheumatoid arthritis, the worst for me is the knees and wrists. Tho the fingers can get very stiff at times.
Can you share what strain is working best for you?
Thanks,
Rick

So far, a strain called "Jesus." It's a hybrid, from "Church" and "Hindu Kush."

Jesus | Medical Marijuana Strains

There's a vaporizer called the Omicrom and a collective in Seattle fills the cartridges with either AK47 or Blueberry. Eventually I'll have to purchase it. I'm currently using a vaporizer, (EZ Vape) but it's causing a cough that I don't much like. I have yet to find a really great edible that works well for me.

I can't find "Jesus" (I realize how funny that sounds) and right now I'm using "Fucking Incredible." What area are you in?

My knees are killing me, by the way. I never had knee trouble until this diagnosis. My fingers are also pretty swollen in the morning. I can't believe how over time, the MMJ has helped me. I think it's because I'm able to sleep and relax, something that I haven't done in over 10 years.

What have you found that works for you?

A

I just tried Grand Daddy purp this weekend and I like it as much as I like "Jesus." It's cold here in the Northwest (cold for us). I have a lot of hip pain today. I just used a little bit in my vaporizer and the hip pain is gone, as well as the tightness in the muscles.

I can't believe I forgot to talk about the "Rick Simpson oil" I bought last week. Just a little bit of this concentrate rubbed on the gums is great for pain. I guess cancer patients take more of it. It does not give you the "high" feeling.

I have Lupus with more RA type symptoms. I inject Methotrexate once a week. I have also had 4 hip surgeries in the last 2 years. I just recently got my card. I haven't found that magic strain that works better than narcotic pain medication. Or maybe better is the wrong word, "in place of" is more appropriate. Do you just use "Jesus" at night? Would you be able to function during the day if you used it?

I'm also very interested in the "Rick Simpson oil". I am looking for something that alleviates pain but doesn't make me feel "high".

Thanks so much for sharing your story!!!!

I'm a MMJ patient for the same condition. I am in my late twenties and started having trouble with my fingers a couple of years ago, but as of very recently my range of motion and strength have severely decreased. The mornings and evenings are the worst with pain, and finding simple tasks during the day tedious - opening jars, carrying a heavy bag. Trying to lug a five gallon bucket of water from the sink to grow room is incredibly difficult, the gripping position locks my fingers in place.

I find that marijuana helps with pain management and somewhat with the inflammation. I really appreciate this thread being started, and everyone who shared their thoughts. Aingei, you really find the Rick Simpson oil effective? How quickly did it work, and how functioning did you feel on it?

Jenninext, I feel the same way. I medicate at night, otherwise the things I need to accomplish during the day would suffer. My family member with RA and lupus used steroid medications, and in their later life had multiple complications due to it. I completely prefer a more natural method, and when I use cannabinoids through ways of ingestion rather than inhalation, I feel that much better about it. So, I do dislike complaining about a little laziness versus the alternatives.

Does anyone have any strains that they find have better anti-inflammatory properties?

One of the best things one can do with RA is relax. We all know that stress causes flares. I prefer to stick with Indica's for this reason, also they say the that Indica's have higher CBD content that gives the anti-inflammatory properties. I only use it at night to unwind and relax. I also believe it helps to reduce morning stiffness the next day.

hello all, I have developed a pain cream, that has works with several people with RA, the recipe is part of my signature, you only need 2 grams of herb, and you will have an instant pain reliever, that often removes pain altogether, works for 5+hours, and while it does relax you, doesn't get you high or stone.

The person with the problem with carrying the buckets, I have collected several 1 gallon milk containers, each time I go to the growroom to check things, I take a bottle of water with me, and bring an empty back with me. By watering day,. I have enough to empty them into a bucket and mix the nutes and water.

I don't know if the people who posted on this thread are still around or not but I've found that CBD Medi-Haze works best for my joint pain during the day. And, I like Nordle for night-time pain relief. I'm currently testing out some oil I made from Hash Plant for nighttime pain relief to replace the Nordle since my licensed producer has no more Nordle oil in stock.

I have Lupus with more RA type symptoms. I inject Methotrexate once a week. I have also had 4 hip surgeries in the last 2 years. I just recently got my card. I haven't found that magic strain that works better than narcotic pain medication. Or maybe better is the wrong word, "in place of" is more appropriate. Do you just use "Jesus" at night? Would you be able to function during the day if you used it?

I'm also very interested in the "Rick Simpson oil". I am looking for something that alleviates pain but doesn't make me feel "high".

Thanks so much for sharing your story!!!!

I've always wanted one of those tubs but my husband told me I'd have to actually get in before the water and wait for it to fill inside and that didn't seem very practical or comfortable to me so I changed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom