Psoriactic arthritis

Bahama Bryan

Hello,
I have been plagued with psoriactic arthritis since the year 2000. Various prescription inflammatories, currently sulindac, have had little or no effect on reducing pain. Does anyone know of any use of medical marijuana for this progressive debilitating disease and, if so, what strain would be the most effective ? Also, I will be beginning the use of the biologic humera which has the nasty side effect of compromising your immune system. Also, I live in Massachusetts and do hope that the ballet question related to medical marijuana passes but unlike our neighboring Rhode Island hope that there will be dispensaries for the drug. It seems that the politicians in Rhode Island don't have the stones to stand up to the feds who keep threatening to raid dispensaries. Thank you for any insight you might have in this matter.

Bahama Bryan

I smoke Bubblicious, Hybrid White Strains and Blue Mystic. I live with Severe Psoriasis. I have been on the biologics, they work good for my Psoriasis and while on Embrel, while it allowed my Psoriasis to come back with Passion, before taken off, I do believe it did help with my PA. Here, as I came to post this and had no clue where it would be allowed, I will post it here. Just finished this morning. As in Biologics, I am on Stalara. It keeps me 90+% Clear, but so did Humira before it stopped working, right at the two year mark. I feel for you buddy, I live with back, hip and Spine pain Daily. Don't you just love when they ask you your pain level TODAY from 1-10 with the little faces on it. I said, for me, it is normally always a 5-9 (ten being worst). I said this is hard, we live with this everyday, if asked of a new patient, first day of diagnosis, they would always say 10. You certainly know what I mean, we do not like to complain and really, we are Always an 8-10.

I make a pain cream, that is great for pain of any type, and also wonderful for skin conditions , I have the recipe in both places in my signature, you might find it something you like to use. Only uses 2 grams for about a month supply/

Blueberry by far.

Only one PsA DMARD has ever worked for me, Remicade.

I did the facet shots for three years, about every 3 months. I stopped, as it helped one time and not much or worse in my Hip Joints if it went wrong. I just started, as I believe I said, back on Stalara. The same day, in the same building is my Derm. So I timed the appts. but it was my first with a Rheumy. His first thought after looking at the skeletol's and movement, he wanted Remicade. I said I am leaving here to start back on Stalara. He said well do that and we will see you in January. That was two months ago, as I took my second Stalara shot on the 1st. 53 and still vane I guess. I am just so covered and I have to live with the pain at some degree or not with or without direct PA meds. I get PAINT CAN LIDS on my sides and most of my body is covered, I would rather have the pain at whatever level it is at the time and not scratch myself raw, even in my sleep, wake up to more bloody sheets. You certainly understand that. So.......

Thanks so much for responding, I was not sure how many Psoriasis/PA patients may be here.

Bleeding in the middle of the night, stiff and sore in the morning, fifth PIP swollen along with RSI so I could barely use a keyboard.

Always spondylitis. Fucking TMJ too if you can believe it.

Because of my super human immune system, I am rarely sick...Always in pain. Being on Blueberry 24/7 is neither desirable nor feasible.

Remicade was a life changer. I still suffer from lower back pain and muscle pain, but those are mechanical not autoimmune related. I supplement with cannabis for those.

I still have slight blotches, and the Remicade does seem to fade between treatments.

Bahama,

Mine is more joint pain than skin. As long as i dont eat a lot of red meat or milk products, or milk chocolates, the skin is fine.

The joint pain is no rhyme or reason why i ache. Except when it's cold. My joints will ache until spring.

As far as a strain, Most all have helped me because I am growing some really good stuff having learned so much on 420.

I take 75% less pharmaceuticals since I have been smoking my own grown.

By far the best has been White Widow. It is almost like I get a shot of something to make me feel that good.

Carmel Cream, Green Poison, Critical+, Original Berry, and Vanilla Kush are a few I have grown that have had the most medical value for me, mentally and physically.

Some of the more sativa strains seem to make me a little more edgy and shake and ache at first, but then they mellow out some.

Good luck with yours.

I still live in an ignorant state, so I am unable to grow as I would wish. One Joint in Alabama COULD get you 1 year in Jail.

I also have TMJ, thankfully not as bad as it once was. Things totally out of the question, Chewing Gun, Popcorn or anything that is so repetitive. I also must cut steak and things in much smaller easily chewable pieces and as little jaw movement as possible.

I am pretty much down to the last organs and those are ones I have to have. I have preached to the NPF. org for years, two decades at least, that they are not looking at the right thing. Study has certainly changed now that PsA is becoming more and more understood. IT IS Inflammation without a doubt. If first signs were seen and while NSAIDs are not best choices for that long, if they started, in my case, me in the early teens, I might still have a Appendicts, Gall Bladder and recently diagnoses at Stage 3 Renal Failure. As a matter of fact, I started this morning on my 24 Hour Urine and blood tomorrow when I drop it off.

Certainly, I was never sick when I was in bad Psoriasis. It was like our immune systems are on overdrive. I do smoke Ciggs, have had Bladder Cancer twice over the last 15 years, but at least my Urologist is accepting to follow me as also a inflammation look. He says the inside of my Bladder seems "Too Pink", as normally that is good, but he sees mine changed to normal to worse in the every 4-5 months I still go for the Scopes (I hate them, but would hate dying and leaving my Granddaughter more) I have had 6 Kidney Stones, first starting at age 15, last a few years back and I am 53. I was in perfect shape for 13 years in the military from 80-93. My PsA is so bad, well to me, I see people who cannot stand up and walk, so I guess it is my blessing to just always FKING hurt.

I am so damn Vein, always thinking in my life, the older I got, the least I would care about my outer skin, it just does not seem to be the case, I feel selfish. My wife and PCM told me, you are the most non complaining person with the pain you are in. My wife knows, I try my best not to complain, other than daily saying how bad my lower back and now it is moving up my spine. We are going to hurt no matter what, so why complain, as I read in a book that when you are in pain and complain, it is very stressful on those closest to you. My wife is full of empathy and does all she can to help me.

Do either of you that are on these TNF inhibitors get cysts/boils? I get them something fierce between my inner thighs? I get them something fierce and normally just too th 20 gauge needle I use to shoot Testosterone and Stabbed them and would empty them on my own, rarely ever going away, just some pain relief. Had two actually cut out with surgery in the last month, as the tissues were so bad from me stabbing them, had to cut out dead tissues so they would heal. A week after Surgery, a 3 inch 1 inch deep, one popped up right next to it. Just wondered if you all get these also.

I will not say that Cannabis that I use when I can get it, takes away the pain, but does give me around two hours of what I call "Giving me a chance to not dwell on it. I have cut my Perc's 10/325 to about half of what I used to have to take. I can get up in the morning and take one, it takes the most pain away so I can move, then try no more for the day if I have some Cannabis, if not, I may go to 4 a day. I can no longer get them prescribed, once I stopped with the 8 facet shots. I never lie to any doctor and state law does not allow narcotics if you use Cannabis. My PCM stopped last year, although I just asked him once in awhile. 18 states and DC, I guess you are allowed to be treated both with Cannabis and pain medication. I am stuck to a 15mg Mobic a day these days. Only seeing the Rhuemy one time as a new patient, he just will not even consider using narcotics to help me.

I want to move to a western state, but we have this huge house and 7 garages from a home we bought from a builder who lives in it from 98-03 when we bought it. I am into this thing, not counting Maintenance about 500K. Just not going to get but about 150K less right now and I just cannot eat it. We have no Mortgage, but still. I just want to walk away and rent it, my wife says no way, she does not want to deal with the hassles of renting and trusting the Property Manager doing what they promise, as our first little house in the 80s was destroyed by renters. We just sold it in the early 90s. She says this custom house (her kitchen cabinets alone would cost 35K to replace.) I am at the point I just do not care, as I made some good money selling LED Grow lights for almost 5 Years. I have them on my website at my cost right now. I cannot post that here, as I am no longer and advertiser.

I wish you all the best thoughts I can toss your way and am glad you are able to use Cannabis at will. If I pay another $400 bucks and I have no idea where to get it, one of my adults sons when in from Afghanistan will get me an ounce from some of his Frat brothers. I have worked from home since we moved here in 2003, so I have no friends or support in this. Oh well, it is what it is, I wrote so much to see if we all have some of these other inflammatory issues.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom