Good strain for pain, sleep & alcohol withdrawal?

legalinaz

Hi all,

New to the site and to medical marijuana. I smoked for many years and have grown as well. I am now living in AZ where MMJ is legal and a certain level of cultivation is as well.

I have not found a doctor who will write for me yet, but that is my next step. I have a lot of pain from a pretty severe accident a couple of years ago and I refuse to take their "legal" pain killers and host of other meds. I turned to alcohol to self medicate because I refused those other drugs and now alcoholism is ruining my life. I have to do something.

I guess my question is this.... what is a good strain that will help with pain, and that will bring me down vs stimulating me? I've been out of the loop for a while now - haven't smoked or grown in over 5 years. I also don't want that huge head high that comes from the sativas. I'd rather not feel lazy as crap either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like I have some good options out here from local caregivers and I will likely snag up some clones if I can find something good. My goal is to use this to sleep at night, and to help cut my cravings for alcohol. I am just afraid that coming off of alcohol cold turkey will cause me trouble with as many times as I've tried to quit. I understand there are risks, and maybe I should do a hospitalized detox but I am not willing to go that route so here I am.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

I know very little about the "scientific" answer to this i.e. which ones have certain things in them which make them useful etc etc.

I do know, however, that I find Indica strains to be far more effective for pain and calming me than anything else. If you are going to be looking at growing some yourself, perhaps try a few different Indicas and see which suits you best. I have always been and will always be a huge fan of Northern Lights, but like anything there is a huge element of personal preference and differences in how you respond.

I'm about to start my first grow and am going to be trying a Nirvana Papaya and Vanilla Kush as I am also wanting to have a couple of different ones available for pain and sleep and calming etc depending on what I need at the time.

Perhaps you could look for an Indica/Sativa blend for day time if you don't like the heaviness of some highs, and a heavier Indica for those times when you really do need to switch off and relax.

I wish you all the luck in the world finding your way through this to a solution that works for you. I know how hard that journey is.

I hope today is a calm, pain and stress free day for you :peace:

Actually, take a look at this thread

Cannabis Facts

I think I am connected up wrong! If you have a look at the scientifics behind the strains and then apply that to you personally, it should help you work out which ones would be a good idea for you. It seems that what some people term as an energetic and clear headed high I describe as a relaxed one, but that's because I'm so wound up in the first place.

I thought this thread was excellent and wanted to point you to it as I am new to learning the more scientific facts about this wonderful weed.

Medijuana has a reputation for pain relief and is supposedly sleep-inducing. I am drying my very first harvest right now, which is Medijuana. I'll let you know in a few weeks!

Hi all,

New to the site and to medical marijuana. I smoked for many years and have grow as well. I am now living in AZ where MMJ is legal and a certain level of cultivation is as well.

I have not found a doctor who will write for me yet, but that is my next step. I have a lot of pain from a pretty severe accident a couple of years ago and I refuse to take their "legal" pain killers and host of other meds. I turned to alcohol to self medicate because I refused those other drugs and now alcoholism is ruining my life. I have to do something.

I guess my question is this.... what is a good strain that will help with pain, and that will bring me down vs stimulating me? I've been out of the loop for a while now - haven't smoked or grown in over 5 years. I also don't want that huge head high that comes from the sativas. I'd rather not feel lazy as crap either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like I have some good options out here from local caregivers and I will likely snag up some clones if I can find something good. My goal is to use this to sleep at night, and to help cut my cravings for alcohol. I am just afraid that coming off of alcohol cold turkey will cause me trouble with as many times as I've tried to quit. I understand there are risks, and maybe I should do a hospitalized detox but I am not willing to go that route so here I am.

Thanks in advance!
I am a recovering alcoholic (19 mon) was a slave to morphine and oxi for 6 years. When stopped, I was given a MM card. Now with MM. I stay sober with MM. I would get Critical Mass strain.

20210910_193922.jpg

Go for a 70% indica 30% sativa hybrid. It will help with pain but not leaving you feeling too lazy. If you grow it, grow till the triches are cloudy and less amber. Too much amber gives couch lock, even with a sativa.

Back
Top Bottom