Dealing with HS, wondering if cannabis is the right choice

Desertbird

I've been wondering if cannabis is something I should consider for my HS and was hoping to see if there was anyone else who has had any results from using it.

I first started getting abscesses in 2008, having to go to the emergency room to get golf ball sized cysts cut open and drained from my armpits and shoulders, one time they ended up draining half a cup from a single cyst. The pain and pressure makes it hard to move, lift, even sleep because no matter what position I get in, it's just putting more pressure on the cysts. During flare ups, I can only lift my arms a few inches from my sides, and bending over causes the puss in the cysts to move, which is the worst pain of all. Any bump makes it worse, and one time a coworker gave a mocking jab to my shoulder when they didn't know I was in pain, and it felt like my entire shoulder was being ripped of by the hinges. In-between flare ups, the entire areas are covered in open sores from where the puss was drained, which hurts, itches, is easily irritated, and takes months to heal. By the time they heal they begin filling back up with puss and the pressure builds up again.

I was finally diagnosed with stage 3 hidradenitis suppurativa, this past year (6 years of no one knowing what was going on) because I switched to a doctor that has had previous experience with it. From there I learned that it was a chronic autoimmune skin disorder that currently has no treatments, only management of pain and getting the cysts lanced whenever they do not rupture on their own (but it can only be lanced once the cyst has formed a crown, which by that time I've been in constant pain for several weeks). Pain medication does not help, and too many attempts at trying to make it help has left me with a weak stomach that gets ulcers whenever I try to take them.

I have gotten to the point where I've just accepted that I will be living in pain for the rest of my life. A few weeks ago, my boss mentioned I should get an mm card, so that I can still do basic tasks like walking the dog, cooking and sleeping, and at this point I'm willing to try anything. I have my appointment for Friday. However, does anyone who have HS had good results from cannabis? I'm just worried because normal pain meds haven't worked, and I don't know if it's just me, or if it's because it is a pressure-based pain.

Hello,
Dont know anything about HS but I can tell you that herb is great for pain and unlike narcotics you can still function at 100% once you get used to the buzz. I suffer from chronic knee pain 1 or 2 puffs and I can walk with out hurting no pain killers not even over the counter stuff.

Back
Top Bottom