Fibromyalgia Pain: What's working for you?

Masterblaster

I get jelous of what you guys have available out in the mid-west and west coast. I live out in Massachusetts and just received my card and suffer from very bad fibromyalgia. So I'm in the experimental stages of finding out what works for me regarding pain managment. Currently taking about 50mg of vicodin a day and cant wait to be done with it. I just feel that with such few options out in the Eest Coast I'm looking at a much longer time frame to come up with a pain management solution because of the limted products avalable to the community in the east coast. So I'm looking to find out what's working for people out west to see if I can get the same product out here, thanks for reading, Masterblaster.

Luckly I live in CA. I have fibro and this past year if effected my hip area to the point I could not sleep or even think the pain was so bad. I make my own canna caps and canna salve using coconut oil. I use 75-100mg of thc every night for sleep & Pain. The salve has 250 mg thc per 1 oz (very strong stuff) I use it on the hip area 1-2 time per day. Both help with sleep and Pain

My wife has had Fibromyalgia for over 20 years, she used numerous opioids and muscle relaxers and it never took the pain away just dulled it.
So about 2.5 years ago I started giving her about 1/4gr of decarboxylated cannabis twice a day usually a mix of a high CBD strain of 16% and a high THC strain of over 20%.
She puts that on a cracker with peanut butter which acts as the oil needed to better assimilate it.
Then periodically throughout the day she will take a few tokes of the high CBD strain when needed and she stays pain free 95% of the time now.

I'm 37 and battle fybro.

I've been looking at some plants and I'm thinking 1 to 3 different plants depending on what sypmtoms I'm dealing with.

If I'm feeling foggy and very drained I was thinking of something like Jack Herer. The idea that I'll be able to work but also maintain some form of cognitive function. Then I was thinking of another strain with high cbd for when I'm really bad.

and then when, Because I have trouble sleeping maybe west coast OG

I'm 37 and battle fybro.

I've been looking at some plants and I'm thinking 1 to 3 different plants depending on what sypmtoms I'm dealing with.

If I'm feeling foggy and very drained I was thinking of something like Jack Herer. The idea that I'll be able to work but also maintain some form of cognitive function. Then I was thinking of another strain with high cbd for when I'm really bad.

and then when, Because I have trouble sleeping maybe west coast OG
for day time Im am going to try some AK47 as soon as the grow is done and then im going to put down some orange hill special and try that for nighttime .. I will report back with results ….. fyi my pain is throughout my body and its dealing with the pain that drains me simply because pain makes me angry ( im the hulk , lol) which spike up my adrenaline . I have had flare ups put me on the couch and I could take a hammer to my toe and scream a lot of angry cuss words and keep on trucking to give you an idea of my threshold . I currently use raspberry cough .

for day time Im am going to try some AK47 as soon as the grow is done and then im going to put down some orange hill special and try that for nighttime .. I will report back with results ….. fyi my pain is throughout my body and its dealing with the pain that drains me simply because pain makes me angry ( im the hulk , lol) which spike up my adrenaline . I have had flare ups put me on the couch and I could take a hammer to my toe and scream a lot of angry cuss words and keep on trucking to give you an idea of my threshold . I currently use raspberry cough .

I checked out a lot of different strains including ak47 and Alice in wonderland.

But the issue being when I get my fog and I'm at work. I need something that can help me life out of that and give me some focus. I'm a chef so I need to have my head on the ground.

In terms of pain, and dealing with it, if I have no weed I find a hot-water bottle and some meditation and sleep can help. I think getting angry is completely counter productive because the only thing it does is make you feel worse. Pain really shouldn't be competed against as its very relative to the person who's dealing with it. I know in chronic pain groups.

But thank you for the suggestion regarding Night and day strains :)

Off topic slightly: there is a product by Metagenics called Fibroplex which is great for fibromyalgia. I’m sure it will entourage nicely with everything back on topic.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom