Cannabis For Chronic Pain - My Story

npstrs

This is my story, it may be a little long, but its worth a read. Info and other things that may help.

I have had chronic pain, muscle spasms and pinching nerves for over 5 years. It was the result of a Motor Vehicle Accident. I do work, and am in a safety sensitive position, therefore this subject is a little touchy. However, keeping up with legislature allows me to feel safer when it comes to Medical Cannabis. I have had pain, spasms, shooting pain, nerve pain, numbness, and more. I have been on many different medications from taking things like robax, all to way up to a synthetic version of Morphine and everything in between. Having tried over 15 different medications as well as being on 5 medications at once, I had had enough. Being on so many different medications was not fun as they stopped working after a while and it was a trial and error. The last we tried, I was on i was on 5 different medications and it was terrible, 3 days after starting the medications, I had to stop due to severe side effects. I have also tried Chiropractor, Physiotherapy and a few other types of treatment with no results. With my chronic condition, pain management is key as my condition is only getting worse with no available treatments other than medication and therapeutic massages.

I went to my Doctor and we finally decided to try Medical Cannabis. As I live in Canada, access is legal, and the regulation (ACMPR as well as the former MMPR which were the two that affected me) are very well written to protect the government but also protects the patients as well. It also tell you exactly where you can smoke/vaporize cannabis in public. This is nice as it allows more freedom as it allows you more flexibility to medicate in public.

I have been Licensed since June of 2016. I have tried multiple strains, ranging in THC and CBD levels. I have also tried oil. Licensed producers were the only place you could get your cannabis under the MMPR. The new ACMPR regulations let you grow up to 5 plants indoors per gram/day allowed. LP's are good but mine does not always have the strains I am looking for, therefore i have applied to grow my own. You do need license from the government therefore you cant just decide that the LP's are not cutting it.

I have tried a variety of strains ranging from over 20%THC and less than 1% CBD to less than 1% THC and 14% CBD and everything in between. It was a trial and error for me as most as there are a lot of different varieties and every strain affects everyone differently.

Also, from my experiences, different strains even though the THC content is nearly identical(within 1%), my experience and effects were different. Now saying this , some may say you smoke more or less of one or another, however, I have a vaporiser and everything is measured. I am just picky like that. Therefore my intake is very similar. Now if I do feel a strain is not working or not enough, then I simply go out more frequently. I have found 4 different strains that help with my condition which is great as there is usually always 1 of the 4 available. I also liked the oil. It is a different experience and the effects last much longer. However, overall, I prefer to vaporize rather than use oil, but that is my experience, everyone is different depending on your condition.

There are also other issues some Canadian Medical Cannabis Users are not aware of and I strongly suggest you read up on the laws/legislation that affect you or the patient in which the country or state you live in.

There is more to my my story, however it would be long. if you have any questions comments, or anything leave it in the comments. THANK YOU FOR READING.

Hello i am also a canadian medicinal user and have been since Oct 2016 and like you i refcently applied to grow my own.

I also experienced the issue os the supply from a LP but then i split my prescription into two and i am with Two LP's now and i also only use the CBD strains anything that is 12% or more and i Vape or Smoke it ( i smoke it via in a ciggarrete tube basicaly like making your own ciggarrete but with dried weed) in Vaping its about 0.2 when packed into my Arizer Air vaporizer. When i smoke it i pack with machine 0.5 half a gram into a ciggarette tube.

I am with Tweed and Mettrum LP's in Ontario.

My script is for 6 grams perday for each script which means 90 grams i can order per LP, but remember that we are only allowed 150 grams possesion at any given time, so i have to make sure i stay within that and thats not an issue as i can not afford my whole script anyway.

Now i never tried the oils as i do not want to wait 2-3 hrs for it to kick in, i prefer Vaping a couple sessions until no more Smoke/Vape and it kicks in within 10 min and levels out in about 20.min and i am good for a couple.hrs. till i need to vape again.

I smoked like a ciggarrete when i want 0.5 in me in one shot and go.to.sleep. :)

If you have any questions please ask away.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah depending on what your condition is CBD only might be a good thing. For me, it helped but there was no muscle relaxation so i still had some pain from my muscles pulling and all that. I use a vaporizer also. I have a Grenco Science G Pro. I love it. The thing with vaping for me anyways, i cant smoke it till theres zero smoke. For a vaporizer like mine which uses convection, i use it until it tastes like burnt popcorn. I pack my vaporizer with .4 grams and it lasts no more than 2 sessions. I only have a 2 gram per day allowance at the moment but i am definetly at my 2 grams per day on my days off. On my days i work i only smoke half a gram. I didnt want to split into two LP s because i am at a fairly low ammount right now. Also a little side note, not sure if you are aware yet but i was told by a mettrum employee that they were recently bought out by tweed and are in an expansion phase set to be finished by early 2017. A suggestion, if you would want to try oil as it does last longer, order oil and dry herb. In my experience, i used the oil but went and smoked that way i got immediate relief and also by the time it started to wear off.the oil kicked in givong me about 8 hours of straight medication without waiting for it to kick in. Yes the 150 grams applies in your case as you have a high prescription. As for me i can carry my months worth but i never do. I only bring everything i have when i go on long trips. Otherwise i pack what i need. How is your experience with tweed? I have heard mixed feelings about them most good but some not as good. I went with mettrum because of prices and location as its next day delivery for me by purolator.

Hello.

Yeah i knew way back in Dec tweed was looking to take over Mettrum.

Actually it is Canopy that owns both or shall i say will as Mettrum is still not bought out as there is still paperwork to be done but it will be soon enough.

Tweed is very good customer relations same as Mettrum and i live in Northern Ontario Area and shipping from either one is a 1-2 day shipping which is usual for my location.

As for having cannabis i smoke CBD so Tweed has had a few more strains in stock at times then Metrum did or does but thats why i split my script as i had to wait a month for the Blue Dried Cannabis that was Nov-Dec 2016 so i than split script and ordered nothing less then 12% CBD dried from Tweed.

They too Tweed are at the moment in limited supply of High THC strains i not smoke high THC as it gives me a headache and my pain does not subside.

CBD for me pain subsides are a couple sessions for hr or two.

I have severe Osteroritis in my back, hips and Knees pain as 5 well from previous injuries in life.

2 grams per day is low but thats what i started with and i can tell you i was smoking 4-5 per day cause of the wearing off effect so my script is up to 6 per day when i can afford to smoke that much per day, also with groe your own you are wanting higher script due to being able to have a huge storage amount and/or production amount.

I may take your suggestion of trying Oil and Smoke dried for fast relief and all day relief, but i drive alot and can not be Under The Influence so it makes it hard for me when i Drive do not want a DUI.

I love the Blue from mettrum, I also use the green. The blue is the best for myself i love it, I know that they are getting more in stock soon and i will definetly be buying a bulk order this time rather than my usual 10 to 15 gram orders. In canada, the ACMPR is complicated a little when calculating the storage limits and plant maximum, but they have formulas. It is nice they allow you enough storage as to not have to grow year round just to ensure you have enough for a 2 to 4 months while your new plants mature and flower, which ends up costing you more as you need to grow 365 days a year.

I love the Blue from mettrum, I also use the green. The blue is the best for myself i love it, I know that they are getting more in stock soon and i will definetly be buying a bulk order this time rather than my usual 10 to 15 gram orders. In canada, the ACMPR is complicated a little when calculating the storage limits and plant maximum, but they have formulas. It is nice they allow you enough storage as to not have to grow year round just to ensure you have enough for a 2 to 4 months while your new plants mature and flower, which ends up costing you more as you need to grow 365 days a year.
Thats about right a 3-4 month storage limit. I too usually order 10 to 15 grams of the blue when i can afford it as i am on a limited budget every month.

If you clone good then its your very first grow that cost the most for starting up like lights and a tent, soil, nutrients, pots and so forth.

hey Xobeman it wont let me pm you anymore. so i talked to cannimed and not much they can do so ill be switching i guess. still waiting on HC for now. Cannimed doesnt study terpines so they have no idea why it smells the way it does, if they did then they would know if their batches were F ed up or not

I called HC and my application is still in processing so definetly wont have an answer this week and probably not next week either.

hey Xobeman it wont let me pm you anymore. so i talked to cannimed and not much they can do so ill be switching i guess. still waiting on HC for now. Cannimed doesnt study terpines so they have no idea why it smells the way it does, if they did then they would know if their batches were F ed up or not
Hey try sending me now, but you may have accidently blocked me.

Click on my name from this post and then click on the 3 dots at top right in my profile and click on unignore.

Cause i tried sending you a PM and it not let me and u are not blocked by me.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

I called HC and my application is still in processing so definetly wont have an answer this week and probably not next week either.
Yeah i called last week too and HC said same still in processing and i read eslewhere i forget where but it was a recent article that said people are saying 10 to 12 weeks in processing time so that means if true we be processed i bet next week i am hoping.

Im gonna call next week again. But i tried sending you a pm again you are not blocked .i prob dont have enough posts to pm you need 50 and i dont have 50 yet. Hows tweed and mettrum doing? Im with canna farms now got my 1st order this week and its great stuff.

Im gonna call next week again. But i tried sending you a pm again you are not blocked .i prob dont have enough posts to pm you need 50 and i dont have 50 yet. Hows tweed and mettrum doing? Im with canna farms now got my 1st order this week and its great stuff.
Hmm weird as you were able to PM me before unless you deleted posts to be under 50 idk.

Tweed is doing good they gonna sell seeds starting this month its on theor website saying so.

Mettrum same old same old no dried available i may dump them soon and sign up with THC Biomed when i get licence to grow my own.

Then again we not have to as we can signup with all of them with that licence.

This is my story, it may be a little long, but its worth a read. Info and other things that may help.

I have had chronic pain, muscle spasms and pinching nerves for over 5 years. It was the result of a Motor Vehicle Accident. I do work, and am in a safety sensitive position, therefore this subject is a little touchy. However, keeping up with legislature allows me to feel safer when it comes to Medical Cannabis. I have had pain, spasms, shooting pain, nerve pain, numbness, and more. I have been on many different medications from taking things like robax, all to way up to a synthetic version of Morphine and everything in between. Having tried over 15 different medications as well as being on 5 medications at once, I had had enough. Being on so many different medications was not fun as they stopped working after a while and it was a trial and error. The last we tried, I was on i was on 5 different medications and it was terrible, 3 days after starting the medications, I had to stop due to severe side effects. I have also tried Chiropractor, Physiotherapy and a few other types of treatment with no results. With my chronic condition, pain management is key as my condition is only getting worse with no available treatments other than medication and therapeutic massages.

I went to my Doctor and we finally decided to try Medical Cannabis. As I live in Canada, access is legal, and the regulation (ACMPR as well as the former MMPR which were the two that affected me) are very well written to protect the government but also protects the patients as well. It also tell you exactly where you can smoke/vaporize cannabis in public. This is nice as it allows more freedom as it allows you more flexibility to medicate in public.

I have been Licensed since June of 2016. I have tried multiple strains, ranging in THC and CBD levels. I have also tried oil. Licensed producers were the only place you could get your cannabis under the MMPR. The new ACMPR regulations let you grow up to 5 plants indoors per gram/day allowed. LP's are good but mine does not always have the strains I am looking for, therefore i have applied to grow my own. You do need license from the government therefore you cant just decide that the LP's are not cutting it.

I have tried a variety of strains ranging from over 20%THC and less than 1% CBD to less than 1% THC and 14% CBD and everything in between. It was a trial and error for me as most as there are a lot of different varieties and every strain affects everyone differently.

Also, from my experiences, different strains even though the THC content is nearly identical(within 1%), my experience and effects were different. Now saying this , some may say you smoke more or less of one or another, however, I have a vaporiser and everything is measured. I am just picky like that. Therefore my intake is very similar. Now if I do feel a strain is not working or not enough, then I simply go out more frequently. I have found 4 different strains that help with my condition which is great as there is usually always 1 of the 4 available. I also liked the oil. It is a different experience and the effects last much longer. However, overall, I prefer to vaporize rather than use oil, but that is my experience, everyone is different depending on your condition.

There are also other issues some Canadian Medical Cannabis Users are not aware of and I strongly suggest you read up on the laws/legislation that affect you or the patient in which the country or state you live in.

There is more to my my story, however it would be long. if you have any questions comments, or anything leave it in the comments. THANK YOU FOR READING.
What strains. I have nerve damage in neck DDD in mid back . Pain is do in comfortable. In agony about 7-8 hrs a day of straight pain and discomfort. I'm. Currently browsing for the best pain relief for stiff I also do massage and chiro regularly. I hear what your saying. Also in Canada but starting a first TRUE grow. Welcome to share story and help each other find something for one another. Sorry to hear your story. Chronic pain in back and neck is the worse . I always feel like my spine is going to snap. Best strain I've found our two. Girl scout cookies and white widow. Candy cane was up there fir a nice body back numbness. Here is my link if your interested.

Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Hello i am also a canadian medicinal user and have been since Oct 2016 and like you i refcently applied to grow my own.

I also experienced the issue os the supply from a LP but then i split my prescription into two and i am with Two LP's now and i also only use the CBD strains anything that is 12% or more and i Vape or Smoke it ( i smoke it via in a ciggarrete tube basicaly like making your own ciggarrete but with dried weed) in Vaping its about 0.2 when packed into my Arizer Air vaporizer. When i smoke it i pack with machine 0.5 half a gram into a ciggarette tube.

I am with Tweed and Mettrum LP's in Ontario.

My script is for 6 grams perday for each script which means 90 grams i can order per LP, but remember that we are only allowed 150 grams possesion at any given time, so i have to make sure i stay within that and thats not an issue as i can not afford my whole script anyway.

Now i never tried the oils as i do not want to wait 2-3 hrs for it to kick in, i prefer Vaping a couple sessions until no more Smoke/Vape and it kicks in within 10 min and levels out in about 20.min and i am good for a couple.hrs. till i need to vape again.

I smoked like a ciggarrete when i want 0.5 in me in one shot and go.to.sleep. :)

If you have any questions please ask away.

I have the air. Not sure I'm I sing right used a handful times. Any tips?

I have the air. Not sure I'm I sing right used a handful times. Any tips?

Higher the color led burns more THC the lower led burns more CBD.

I prefer to use the Green Led which gives you a mixture of both THC and CBD this is for the first 6 min session and then i turn it back on and set to higher like Yellow color to vape more THC until i can not vape any more smoke this is usually 6 min session.

You can session 1 time and wait say 2 min and then increase color or do it right away after 1st session and then do the second one.

Now of course depends on what strain you have as a just only THC strain you wanna use Yellow first then Red.

Just a CBD strain then use white then green or just green for 2 sessions.

Now for a mix of THC and CBD strain ise Green then Yellow.

Also any already vaped bud can be smoked in a ciggarrette tube or bong toke it as it will get you high still as vaping will not 100% burn it all but will burn about 70-80% so i fill a ciggarrete tube maybe a 0.5 ot 0.8 and smoke it when i run out of weed.

Hope this helps.

Hey joe i have tried a bunch from mettrum and their blue worked.the beat its a 1 to 1. Now canna farms i have their cbd skunk haze its also a 1 to 1 i also ordered 5 girl scout cookies and 5g cheese quake which are both thc dominant strains as well as a cbd kush wich is a cbd dominant strain but its like a 1 to 1.5 i like the skunk haze so far. I vape and smoke and its great i get a buzz but i also get huge body relaxation and pain relief so it relaxes everything so for me its great will let you know about the others how i like them. Also will definetly look into the links you posted.

Hey xobeman no i never deleted posts i been pretty bummed actually we cant pm its weird. I just been posting more to get up and see if i can pm again. Hopefully it will work again soon yeah mettrum i sent them my cancellation and told them why i was leaving and if ever i go back i have a credit on my account

Hey thanks for the info maybe I'll take it out today o never knew low Temps. use cbd and high Temps. Active thc more correct? I grind it how much do o put in? Do you let it heat up then put your herb In? Or jut put in turn on. I notice I don't get any clouds. Is this normal?

Like wise. Thanks just seeing people getting huge healthy plants makes me happy some great individuals on this site.
Higher the color led burns more THC the lower led burns more CBD.

I prefer to use the Green Led which gives you a mixture of both THC and CBD this is for the first 6 min session and then i turn it back on and set to higher like Yellow color to vape more THC until i can not vape any more smoke this is usually 6 min session.

You can session 1 time and wait say 2 min and then increase color or do it right away after 1st session and then do the second one.

Now of course depends on what strain you have as a just only THC strain you wanna use Yellow first then Red.

Just a CBD strain then use white then green or just green for 2 sessions.

Now for a mix of THC and CBD strain ise Green then Yellow.

Also any already vaped bud can be smoked in a ciggarrette tube or bong toke it as it will get you high still as vaping will not 100% burn it all but will burn about 70-80% so i fill a ciggarrete tube maybe a 0.5 ot 0.8 and smoke it when i run out of weed.

Hope this helps.

Hey joe i have tried a bunch from mettrum and their blue worked.the beat its a 1 to 1. Now canna farms i have their cbd skunk haze its also a 1 to 1 i also ordered 5 girl scout cookies and 5g cheese quake which are both thc dominant strains as well as a cbd kush wich is a cbd dominant strain but its like a 1 to 1.5 i like the skunk haze so far. I vape and smoke and its great i get a buzz but i also get huge body relaxation and pain relief so it relaxes everything so for me its great will let you know about the others how i like them. Also will definetly look into the links you posted.
Thank you for info solid help. Will look into those strains. Thanks again pal.

Hey xobeman no i never deleted posts i been pretty bummed actually we cant pm its weird. I just been posting more to get up and see if i can pm again. Hopefully it will work again soon yeah mettrum i sent them my cancellation and told them why i was leaving and if ever i go back i have a credit on my account
Yeah weird it is for sure.

Good to hear about Mettrum you can go back even when ya get licence to grow your own.

Back
Top Bottom