Need recommendations for good creams & topicals

Cannabpainfre

Hello

I will be getting my card soon to use topical creams for chronic pain.

There are so many choices for creams and other topicals it is overwhelming. Could I get suggestions for effective topicals for arthritis, particularly severe in my hand. Secondary use is for nerve damage in my lip from a biopsy that was screwed up.

A few preferences: I prefer that it does not smell like cannabis and would favor unscented. I would like for it to be more creamy and less oily so that I can use my touch devices after applying it. Cost is also a major factor, so I would be interested in some of the less expensive, yet still effective brands.

Please note that I am not interested in making my own cream. Since I have severe hand pain, that is not something I could do.

Also if anybody lives in the Sacramento area and can recommend a dispensary that carries the brand they are recommending it, I would appreciate that.

Hi

Just responding to my own post to make sure that my notifications are working. Hard to believe 80 people have looked at it and no one has an opinion. Like walking into a room crowded with people and being ignored. Hmmmmm. So do most people not use creams or what

Hi

Just responding to my own post to make sure that my notifications are working. Hard to believe 80 people have looked at it and no one has an opinion. Like walking into a room crowded with people and being ignored. Hmmmmm. So do most people not use creams or what

I'm pretty sure most of our members make their own creams. The quality and potency of what we can make ourselves makes the idea of purchasing unattractive for many. We even have a study hall dedicated to the making of infused topicals, and they're talking some amazing stuff over there.

I understand that your situation calls for a different solution. I don't live in California and I know next to nothing about what may be available, but I can give you a bit of advice on what to look for. It shouldn't smell like grass. That's an indication that I wasn't processed properly. Aside from that the only other recommendation I'd make is to get a high THC value. This is why most of us make our own. You won't get the potency we do with a purchased product.

It's the THC that's going to be most effective from a topical perspective. I'd recommend you get high CBD in through a source other than a topical. CBD will begin healing the inflammatory response, and as an internal process this takes time. THC will turn down the pain signals right now. Look for high THC in your cream.

And good luck. Often, when the crowd in the room has nothing helpful to share they won't bother stopping to say hello anyway. That's just human nature. I couldn't bear the thought that you thought you were being ignored. Can't have that now, can we?

As an aside, it's been proven that the very process of rubbing a cream, any cream, into the skin can be therapeutic and relieve pain. Add THC to that and you get much better relief, but treat yourself to a good hand massage every day anyway. Your hands will love you for it. :hug: :love:

Hi I am in Chico CA, so close to you. I use a high Thc Cannabis for sleep and Pain. I make my own canna caps. I also use Canna Salve that I make for my fibro hip pain. I have found that most of the salves I have seen in the dispensaries is way to expensive ($42.00 for 2 oz) and not strong enough for my pain. The canna Salve I make has about 500 mg Thc per 2 oz, so it does not take much to stop the pain. Before I started using my canna salve my hip pain was so bad I could not sleep. now I sleep 5-6 hrs and my pain lvl is down to about a 2 and less some days.

Back
Top Bottom